Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Halal Foods Expands Across the NY City

Persia

• Replies 19
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• HerNibs

• danielost

• supervike

• Agent X

Top Posters In This Topic

Muslims in a lawful attempt use the freedoms of America to slowly take over from within country’s borders.

http://abna.ir/data.asp?lang=3&Id=220737

I may be way off base, but isn't Halal similar to being Kosher?

If so, who cares? Let the free market decide. If folks can make a living off serving Halal food (and it's not breaking any laws)then more power to them.

I'm not sure how this means they are 'taking over'.

wouldnt it be funny if they were serving hebrew hotdogs on some of those stands,

I may be way off base, but isn't Halal similar to being Kosher?

If so, who cares? Let the free market decide. If folks can make a living off serving Halal food (and it's not breaking any laws)then more power to them.

I'm not sure how this means they are 'taking over'.

Came into the thread to ask the same question. I see food marked "Kosher" all the time. So how is having "Halal" food any different?

This is just stupid.

Nibs

Well, most Kosher food is based on rules for food consumption from the Torah which made its way in the Bible, so it's religious in nature.

And with theists being right is serious business.

Well, most Kosher food is based on rules for food consumption from the Torah which made its way in the Bible, so it's religious in nature.

Halal food is as well isn't it? Rules for preparation and consumption for Muslims?

Halal

In Arabic, the word halal means permitted or lawful. Halal foods are foods that are allowed under Islamic dietary guidelines. According to these guidelines gathered from the Qu'ran, Muslim followers cannot consume the following:

* pork or pork by products

* animals that were dead prior to slaughtering

* animals not slaughtered properly or not slaughtered in the name of Allah

* blood and blood by products

* alcohol

* carnivorous animals

* birds of prey

* land animals without external ears

These prohibited foods and ingredients are called haram, meaning forbidden in Arabic.

And with theists being right is serious business.

Oh yeah. :) That's an understatement.

Nibs

Halal food is as well isn't it? Rules for preparation and consumption for Muslims?

Halal

Oh yeah. :) That's an understatement.

Nibs

we had this discussion over in the uk thread. but i think it came down to whose preist was watching.

I bet if all of the 'haters' actually ate a portion of meat that was halal or kosher but they thought it was the western way, would not know the difference anyway. It's just another attempt at squashing an imaginary enemy from within, grow up haters it's a food choice, not a way into 'your' cultures via meat snipers.

Edited by Belial

we had this discussion over in the uk thread. but i think it came down to whose preist was watching.

Well they have different rules and that's fine. Doesn't matter to me. :)

My point is that why they uproar over Halal food when we have Kosher food that is the same idea. A religiously based way of preparing the food.

Nibs

Well they have different rules and that's fine. Doesn't matter to me. :)

My point is that why they uproar over Halal food when we have Kosher food that is the same idea. A religiously based way of preparing the food.

Nibs

sorry i thought i made myself clear i dont know.

sorry i thought i made myself clear i dont know.

:) No worries Daniel.

I don't know what the uproar is about either.

IMO - it's just another BS news article to stir up the "Muslims are taking over!!! Be Afraid!!" crap.

Nibs

:) No worries Daniel.

I don't know what the uproar is about either.

IMO - it's just another BS news article to stir up the "Muslims are taking over!!! Be Afraid!!" crap.

Nibs

the upsetting one is the thread where a single judges rule affectively allows them to raise islamic flags over the country.

Nibs

Absolutely. Maybe if enough of us keep saying this sort of thing, people will start realizing it.

the upsetting one is the thread where a single judges rule affectively allows them to raise islamic flags over the country.

Link or thread name?

Nibs

I think it's a good thing to have good halal food.. Sheesh, I always shop the kosher area at the store- I couldn't live without my matzo and mixes found there. I tend to like kosher dogs better too. Likewise, awesome to be able to get good halal foods, just means specific processing type.

There's all sorts of super effing awesome ethnic and religion connected foods out there. Personally, I don't think any of them should be stomped on. I think they should all be encouraged- even if we can't understand the faith or culture, we can still appreciate the yummy food.

I bet if all of the 'haters' actually ate a portion of meat that was halal or kosher but they thought it was the western way, would not know the difference anyway. It's just another attempt at squashing an imaginary enemy from within, grow up haters it's a food choice, not a way into 'your' cultures via meat snipers.

It's the exact same food killed in a different way. Some don't like the idea of Muslim food standards invading their world, others dislike the idea of animals going through unnecessary pain while being killed.

I personally feel that the least you can do to something you're about to eat/slaughter is kill it as painlessly and quickly as possible.

I'm more against halal and kosher foods because of the way the animals are killed. Like Wickian said, the least we can do for the animals we kill is make it as painless as possible. Slitting an animals throat and then watching it thrash about as it slowly bleeds to death is not a very human way of killing an animal. A bolt gun is much more merciful, imo...

I'm more against halal and kosher foods because of the way the animals are killed. Like Wickian said, the least we can do for the animals we kill is make it as painless as possible. Slitting an animals throat and then watching it thrash about as it slowly bleeds to death is not a very human way of killing an animal. A bolt gun is much more merciful, imo...

I could hardly agree more. This matters far more to the real world than any imagined hysteria about 'oh no im gonna catch Islam/Jewishness from eating this!'