Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Seeing the virgin mary

moonstar5

Vodka, tomato juice, a squeeze of lemon and a dash of Worcestershire 

~

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

• 3 weeks later...

On 1/30/2021 at 5:33 AM, third_eye said:

Vodka

It sounds as if in Malyasia, you have some mighty experienced virgin Mary's.

• Haha 2

50 minutes ago, eight bits said:

It sounds as if in Malyasia, you have some mighty experienced virgin Mary's.

Depends on the Joe at the other end of the cocktail 

~

• Haha 2

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/30/2021 at 11:33 AM, third_eye said:

Vodka, tomato juice, a squeeze of lemon and a dash of Worcestershire 

~

While it's true that in my country, for example, religious and UFO sightings soar at the time of traditional christening of the new wine, it doesn't explain every event of that kind. 

I think it's true phenomenon for many people who experience it. It doesn't even have to be objectively true for the rest of us. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Helen of Annoy said:

I think it's true phenomenon for many people who experience it. It doesn't even have to be objectively true for the rest of us. 

Depends on the spirit behind the spirits... 

*wink'wink*

The tales I have of folks all too spirited away with the bottled spirits... I could write a book and the burning will be high from dawn to dusk... 

~

• Haha 1

17 minutes ago, third_eye said:

Depends on the spirit behind the spirits... 

*wink'wink*

The tales I have of folks all too spirited away with the bottled spirits... I could write a book and the burning will be high from dawn to dusk... 

~

I forgot fairies. (Slavic fairies, they are not tiny or winged.) They too are mostly seen by thoroughly spirited :D people. But not exclusively. 

Some people I know were extremely tired and scared when they had similar experiences, so it's not just alcohol, it can be extreme exhaustion, extreme stress... or extreme cases of actually meeting someone/something that is not fitting into the usual perception of reality. 

Like I said, it doesn't have to be real for anyone else, except the one/ones who were meant to experience the contact with their chosen archetype. Or whatever it is, what do I know how the Universe works :D 

Bottoms up...  bottom line is, it's not just spirits at work, sometimes it's the Spirit at work. In my naturally crazy opinion - I don't drink, it makes my natural crazy less intense :D 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Helen of Annoy said:

Some people I know were extremely tired and scared when they had similar experiences, so it's not just alcohol, it can be extreme exhaustion, extreme stress... or extreme cases of actually meeting someone/something that is not fitting into the usual perception of reality. 

There was this one time I was with a drinking buddy and was in a heated debate about some political figure and I said, "if he died this very night, no one would shed a tear"

He died in a car crash that very night... but I was wrong, his family cried... 

~

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, third_eye said:

There was this one time I was with a drinking buddy and was in a heated debate about some political figure and I said, "if he died this very night, no one would shed a tear"

He died in a car crash that very night... but I was wrong, his family cried... 

~

Of joy?

Sorry, that was utterly tasteless. My favourite type of humour :D 

Yeah, the key is allowing yourself to see/feel/say what you truly do see/feel, instead of that, that we're expected to see, responsibly and realistically.

To me personally, alcohol does the opposite, I lose the inner plot. It's the emotions and extreme situations that make me exactly as psychic as it is needed :D    

• Haha 1

On 1/20/2011 at 9:29 AM, moonstar5 said:

First of all, I'm really glad I found this site, cause I wanted to share my experience and get some feedbacks.

Tell me if what I've experienced is something paranormal, holy, or just my mind playing tricks on me.

My writing is not too good so bare with me.

One saturday evening i was feeling kind a down and tire basically cause things weren't working out between me and this girl who I've been seeing. I decided to go to bed early at around 10 pm. Later on, it felt like something sort of woke me up at around 1am. I was pretty upset over it because it was too early on and wished it had been 6am already instead. When I woke up, I looked around my bedroom and then I looked at my clock to know it was only around 1am in morning. My room was slightly illuminated with moon light coming through the window cause I have left the shade half way up and I could just tell there was a full moon out that night. I then thought I was going to get up, turned my computer on and surf the net cause I didn't feel sleepy anymore. As I was about to get up, I saw this dark scary figure standing by my bedroom door. I thought It must be my eyes playing with me, I blinked a few times and looked at it again, and surely the figure was still there in the dark and standing there. I started to panic and get scared cause I thought I was seeing a ghost! But I still didn't want to believed it so this time I blinked and squinted my eyes even harder hoping this dark scary figure would disappear. But this time what I saw shocked me, amazed me, and freighten me even more...this dark scary figure suddenly turned into The Virgin Mary . She was very beautiful, flawless and glowing with lights shinning down on her. But she wasn't moving at all, she was very still like a statue and in a praying position with both hands palmed together at her chest. My hearted start pounding harder and harder as I stared at her and my eyes was as wide as they can get. The only thing I could do at the moment was too keep staring at her to see what's to come next. But then she just slowly dissapated and I found myself staring at my towel which was hanging on my bedroom door knob. I was pretty shakin and had to slowly and cautiously get myself out of bed fearing something else might happened, but nothing else happened.

I am not a christian, Jesus Christ is not my religion but i do respect it...nor do I pray to Jesus or Mary, let alone even think of them for that matter. Why would this happened to me or is it just my mind playing a sick trick on me? That experience was so real and deep, wish you all could experienced it too.

So...let me get this straight...you saw something by your door at 1:00am and started to panic after 'blinking' a few times.  And then it turned into a beautiful statue of the Virgin Mary.  

And while you were panicking...turn on the light now! ...never entered your mind?  You just kept staring.  And that shook you up pretty good.  If you don't pray to Jesus or Mary and you are not a Christian...then why would seeing Mary be a 'deep' experience?