Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

U.M's Third Paranormal Photomanip Challenge!

TwilightSilver

• Replies 223
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• TwilightSilver

• Tia

• Nadia B.

• Binaural Ubiety

I hated the thumbnails so I got these on photobucket and put both my entries here in one post. Enjoy.

CE1.jpg

CE2.jpg

Edited by Moonie2012

To Answer the few questions asked about a ending date to the contest....

I do not plan on ending the contest until I feel enough submissions have been put in that it would make it a fair contest. Since It was just started a few weeks ago, I would at least like to leave the floor open to more submissions from people that may not have had time to post entries... it's going pretty well I'd say! :)

Don't worry, I'm pretty sure that the contest judges and myself don't want to wade through a million and one photos, so I'm thinking maybe the tentative end date will be within two weeks. That of course is up to the volume of entries....

EDIT: And Tia, good sassy pic! I was thinking of doing another Crypto photomanip contest in the coming months after this one....a summer contest if you will... :geek:

Edited by TwilightSilver

Well, here's my entry.

It may not be suitable for this competition, as it is more of an extra-terrestrial/Conspiracy theme than a supernatural. In addition, NONE of the photography is mine, though all of the photoshop assembly/matting/masking IS.

Perhaps we could have a sub-competition: see how many of the people in the "New World Order" you can identify ?

post-52832-0-16973700-1298542699_thumb.j

meow purr :)

this is the first photo ...

then uncommon sense help me to see the second ghost on my post cupboard spirit ( 2nd photo ):yes:

Keep them coming everyone. :yes:

Thanks TwilightSilver, unfortunately I don't have photoshop so just thought I'd take a fun fake shot cause I feel like I'm missing out on all the fun.

Soooooooo...... any new takers? :hmm:

Good stuff so far!

Was hoping for a bit more participation given the challenge, and the challenges of the past! Maybe the idea is getting old on U.M.?

Edited by TwilightSilver

Maybe raise the allowed number of submissions to 3-4? I had tons of good ideas for pics haha.

I would normally be tempted, (and I may have to do so if not many more people participate...) but the user submissions create the variety and contribute to the fun and continuation of the thread and contest...

But what the hell, if you wanna submit more pics, be my guest. They won't be counted in the contest as of now, but who knows? If not many people participate in the next coming week, I may just whittle this down to the people who were interested and have submitted from the get-go.

Don't hold me on it though. I'm gonna wait a bit and see.... ^_^

Edit: Late night spelling.

Edited by TwilightSilver

I understand. Change it to two and a half submissions for now. :P

I've only submitted one so far, but I'll be sure to say which two I want counted.

Maybe get a mod to sticky it for the next week too. :D

On that note, would a mod care to sticky this thread for me? It might help get many more submissions, and make this more accessible! :tu:

On that note, would a mod care to sticky this thread for me? It might help get many more submissions, and make this more accessible! :tu:

I support this request!

this is the first photo ...

These were posted a while back on the forums....The first one for a few days , than I thought someone else made the second as a joke?....

Are these from your original post? .....I will try to find it tomarrow , but if you have the link it will help me out a lot.

Edit : Found it......

I need to check the rules again....Your first Picture is one you posted on another topic asking if it could be a ghost....

My friend took this photo of her daughter and mine in her kitchen, it frighten all of us . I have been friends with the lady that took this photo for years and I know she doesnt know how to do this to a photo and she wouldn't , I blacked out the faces , so I could show you and see what you think ....test away

http://www.unexplained-mysteries.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=191715&view=findpost&p=3599903

The second one with the Ghostbusters Goul someone else made....

http://www.unexplained-mysteries.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=191715&view=findpost&p=3600816

As said , I need to look at rules again....The first one , unless you changed your mind , was not done by you......The second was not done by you.

Edited by Sakari

Rules.....

If you are using photos by someone other than yourself (for backgrounds, characters, nuances..) try and obtain permission to use copyrighted works if you need to use any, or obtain free stock photos where you can online. You can credit source material, although it's not necessary.

All submissions are copyrighted to their creators. Please do not distribute, display, or use these pictures anywhere else other than this thread, unless approved by their creator(s).

bekibond please give copy right credit to the person that took the original picture.

Edited by Tia

then uncommon sense help me to see the second ghost on my post cupboard spirit ( 2nd photo ):yes:

Bekibond,

Sadly I cannot accept either of your submissions as they are outside of the rules of the contest. Your first photo to your knowledge "Was not photoshopped, touched-up, or altered" and that is the point of the contest; To submit purposely altered images. Your second photo depicting slimer, was not created by you, therefore cannot be accepted as well. If you'd like to try your hand as making your own images you can certainly enter them.

Come on people we must have a lot more talent out there, share it with us!

So are we all out of talent here on U.M.? Come on guys! I know there are more of you out there! :unsure:

So, I thought I'd give this a serious bash. I went outside to my garden to take a picture, since it's nice and dark - just what I need for a spooky setting photo manipulation - I got back inside and uploaded the picture to my computer, upon closer inspection and zooming in 900% I saw all kinds of weird ****.

Can you guys see it too? I swear this is not Photoshopped. I'm scared. :(

21b89so.jpg

For a second there, i could swear i saw some sort of alien life form flipping me off.

For a second there, i could swear i saw some sort of alien life form flipping me off.

OMG I see it now too! :ph34r:

Who? I demand sources!

Oh wait.. I believe in this. What to do, what to do?

Ohhhhh listening to Nick Cave is soooo confusing me! It's totally real!

You now have a glowy eyeball distorting your amazing teeth, Pulsar. :no:

STEP AWAY FROM THE PHOTOSHOP! Yes, I agree. It's totally fake. Dancing mummies don't exist. :no:

Your eye is blue, dude. :no: You just said it was "graphically enhanced". Make up your mind! I think perhaps you should consult a doctor for those caps outbursts. :yes:

It's not blue, that's just a reflection off your sig you're seeing. Yes, that eye is watching you.

Where did I say it graphically enhanced? :unsure2:

Oh.. you said it in pm.. yeah. :unsure2:

You made me do this.

lolcatsdotcommj1a5roeumb33onm-1.jpglolcatsdotcomttbwex6me2ieahcu-1.jpg

Well at least something has gone in this thread on two days! :rofl: Let's get back on track. We need MORE SUBMISSIONS! We can't exactly hold a true contest with only a handful of submissions guys! I'm about ready to ask a mod to somehow make this a front page thing to get the word out! (I would have NO idea how that could be done though...Heck, I'll bring it straight to Saru if I need to!!!!)

What do you guys think of the submissions so far? :)

Edited by TwilightSilver