Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

paranormal

cheyenne71

Well, i am new here but would like to know if other's are experiencing what i am. I have seen a few people who have. I smell smoke around me all the time. I know people will say it's my imagination, something outside. But the thing is that no one in this house smokes. No one has EVER smoked in this house. It is new, we built it. We don't live my any refineries...etc. So, all that ruled out...what is it? The only other thing is that it is paranormal. My Grandfather or a Great Grandfather (whom smoked) giving me a sign or checking in but they are checking all the time..ha! I really never ever before all of this believed in any thing paranormal. I have to say i am not a religous person.. but i also wasn't given that as a child and although i am 39 i struggle with religion. But since seeing the ORBS that i have seen (in pictures only) i am more of a believer. Dec 7th 2008 (2 yrs now) my husband was taking pics of my daughter when i downloaded them i saw what i figured were ORBS. They are always in my pictures now and never noticed them before but of course it takes a digital camera and with a flash. If you don't use a flash you probably won't see them. I've seen hundred's of them in my house...like i said via pictures only. I don't see them with my naked eye. I see a flash or a speck of something in the corner of my eye but not what i see in the pics i take. Bright lights with what looks like faces if you zoom in enough. Sometimes i see red, blue, orange and green ORBS. Anyway, this is a phenomenon, i've never seen anything like it. Besides, the smooke and orbs and that's enough i felt someone pushing on my pillow one night. Enough to wake me. I assumed it was my dog or something getting on/off the bed. No one was in the room. I'm married but don't sleep with my husband (he has his own issues.) A certain amount of time later (not sure how much time went by) and it happened again. The first time i just shrugged it off, said i was dreaming and went back to sleep. The 2nd time,it freaked me out a little more. I asked for them (whoever it was) to leave me alone, to not wake me up like that anymore. It hasn't happened again since. I figured if i asked, then they would obey. I certainly hope their is nothing negative or EVIL. Any thoughts, suggestions for me?

• 4 months later...

• Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• cheyenne71

• Blues Girl

• coldethyl

• Chagidiel

First, I was going to say that smoke can stay in walls and carpet for YEARS, but you said its a new house that you built, so I don't have an explanation for that.

Second, as for the orbs you see in pictures, it could be dust on the lens and you are only now seeing them all the time because you are more aware of them now, having read about it on sites like this. If they were real orbs, they would show up no matter if you used a flash or not.

As for the other phenomena, I have no ideas. Maybe it is a ghost. Good for you for showing defiance and telling them to leave you alone. That's the right thing to do.

Hope I helped a little

Once I saw the ghost of my cat and I could only see her out of the corner of my eye. If I looked directly at her she would disappear then when I looked from the corner of my eye she was there again.

I see like flashes of light out of the corner of my eye, like you, if i turn to look it goes away. In response to Blues Girl. I appreciate the reply. I know it's not dust because i've taken hundreds of pictures and they always show up, maybe not at first but the more i do it the more they show up that also shows that it's not dust. You do have to use a flash for some reason (not sure why.) They show up by pictures a lot. I am not certain what they are but it's some sort of phenomenon. I heard recently someone saying that a lot of the orbs are angels. I think they are something and i was thinking deceased loved ones but I am not sure.

Was your house built on virgin land or on the site of an earlier building?

Do you know if the land was used for some human activity prior to being built upon?

Are you the only person who smells smoke?

If you have a heating unit, when it kicks on, it can sometimes smell like smoke.

You do have to use a flash for some reason (not sure why.)

For one really obvious reason you need flash. Reflection of particles.

I heard recently someone saying that a lot of the orbs are angels. I think they are something and i was thinking deceased loved ones but I am not sure.

There are several paranormal orb explanations, it basically depends on who you ask. Angels, ghosts, spirits, UFOs... Just pick one suits your taste the most is the trick here.

Yea, I think I am the only one who smells smoke and I don't smell it all the time. If it were heater or whatever I would smell it ALL the time and I don't.

No, I think this was a wooded area before our house was built. No other houses here. It's all strange to me..ha! Just can't figure it all out. Oh well. Nothing bad has happened so I will think positive and try not to give the ORBS any attention. The less I think about it, the better!

Um... what kind of smoke are you smelling? Cigarette, pipe, cigar, marijuana, campfire, yard waste, house debris, electrical...

Like cigarette smoke. I don't smoke, my husband doesn't smoke. This is a NEW house and no one has EVER smoked in our house, they know not to. It's just us two and our daughter. I know it's a paranormal thing. It's not a heater, or industry or something like that. I seem to think it's like my Grandad who is deceased or his sister who used to smoke A LOT! This being just as a sign that they are around, but who is THEY? That's what i think it is but i wish i could have this confirmed. The other day i smelled it a few times, vaguely througout the day but then it went away. In the past, most of the time it will be with me almost constantly for weeks then it will disappear and at some point reapprear. Strange!

Hello, I have been investigator of paranormal activities for almost 12 years, and I have seen a several cases very similar to this(Orbs, smoke smell etc)

and I believe that you're haunted by a professional smoker ghost, you see this smoker ghost can actually make orbs out of smoke which comes out from his ghostly mouth, the only way to get rid of him is to use the Ooujia Board, Actually there are only 3 professional smoker ghosts that can produce such orbs, their names are: David, Richard and John. use one of those names and one of them will respond, you're welcome.

Best of luck, Mike Hunt.

Why are you posting unhelpful advise? No ghost is a "professional smoker ghost". And Ouija boards do NOT get rid of ghosts; they attract them.

Edited by Blues Girl

Dear Blue girls, I am greatly offended that you do not take in account my 12 years of experience, and how many years of experience have you had with paranormal entities? I have seen such cases hundreds, if not thousands of times.

24 years

Then I deeply apologize.

Thank you

Like cigarette smoke. I don't smoke, my husband doesn't smoke. This is a NEW house and no one has EVER smoked in our house, they know not to. It's just us two and our daughter. I know it's a paranormal thing. It's not a heater, or industry or something like that. I seem to think it's like my Grandad who is deceased or his sister who used to smoke A LOT! This being just as a sign that they are around, but who is THEY? That's what i think it is but i wish i could have this confirmed. The other day i smelled it a few times, vaguely througout the day but then it went away. In the past, most of the time it will be with me almost constantly for weeks then it will disappear and at some point reapprear. Strange!

Well you are already convinced it's paranormal, so I'll stop being rational.

I know it's a paranormal thing.

This gives direction to this topic. So only paranormal reasoning is what you take, so all rational thinking you pass, right? So only people who will answer are those who tell all weird stories of ghosts here, but did you consider what is their proof? As there are no real studies or proof about paranormal.

But hey, you can be next to prove paranormal activity and gain fame and new insight! Can you do that with your paranormal smoker ghost? I think it is up to you to show the world that paranormal exists as you are certain that is what's happening. So, prove paranormal to the world.