Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

The touching of the Ouija

Nadia B.

I can try :)

We are elemental, carbon, oxygen; every atom in the universe is elemental. This is the "energy" I speak of, just natural energy. Some people are more "tuned into" other energy, also natural. Do you know how some people drain watch batteries more then others? That's what I'm talking about. We're made of the same stuff but have slight (sometimes not so slight) differences due to genetics/chaos/other variables and some people can interact differently with the environment. That's all I'm saying.

Why would a ghost come to such a weak form of decaying "energy"?

No, i have never heard of, nor heard it proven that some people drain watch batteries faster. I still dont quite get the "energy" here, as theres no real definition of energy.

How are some people more tuned in? This seems like it has to be biological now, and dealing with genetics.

Some people know it's going to rain because they can smell it or feel it. Others can't, because they simply can't. Same thing as above. Nothing supernatural about it, imo.

I havent heard, or seen it proven, that anyone can tell it will rain because they "feel" something.

In this case, id Does appear to be supernatural, as its apparently not too Natural at all with people (although, i hate the word "natural").

• Replies 253
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Sakari

• FlyingAngel

• Agent. Mulder

• Nadia B.

Why would a ghost come to such a weak form of decaying "energy"?

No, i have never heard of, nor heard it proven that some people drain watch batteries faster. I still dont quite get the "energy" here, as theres no real definition of energy.

How are some people more tuned in? This seems like it has to be biological now, and dealing with genetics.

I never said anything about ghosts.

The watch battery thing is quite common... but it's one of those pesky issues that is constantly ignored even though the evidence is right there. Akin to how groups of women will sync their menstrual cycles. It happens, we can see it happens, but for some reason people remain willfully ignorant to it.

And what do you mean there is no definition of energy? Atoms are made of energy. Energy is what makes the universe work. Our sun is a gigantic nuclear reactor that makes energy. You can't really mean this?

I havent heard, or seen it proven, that anyone can tell it will rain because they "feel" something.

You don't like the word feel, okay how about "sense" Is that better? People have senses, you know. We sense the world around us through touch, taste, smell, etc. I believe we learn this in kindergarten.

In this case, id Does appear to be supernatural, as its apparently not too Natural at all with people (although, i hate the word "natural").

You hate the word natural? That's possibly one of the oddest things I've seen posted in this forum since I've been here... :blink:

Edited by BlackCurtains

It never ceases to amaze me. There are several threads about Ouija Boards and no matter how often it comes up and how some disclaim it as a game or others believe it, it always invokes a great deal of opinions.

If Fuld or Kennard--the original creaters--were alive today they would definately be in their glory. Or not.

I never said anything about ghosts.

The watch battery thing is quite common... but it's one of those pesky issues that is constantly ignored even though the evidence is right there. Akin to how groups of women will sync their menstrual cycles. It happens, we can see it happens, but for some reason people remain willfully ignorant to it.

Since its so common, can i have some sources on it please?

Since you have seen the data, im sure people will stop being so willfully ignorant since its apparently Fact.

And what do you mean there is no definition of energy? Atoms are made of energy. Energy is what makes the universe work. Our sun is a gigantic nuclear reactor that makes energy. You can't really mean this?

No. Its the fact we dont exactly know what energy is. I guess we know how to describe some of it, but thats it. We dont have a definition of it.

You don't like the word feel, okay how about "sense" Is that better? People have senses, you know. We sense the world around us through touch, taste, smell, etc. I believe we learn this in kindergarten.

Why dont i like the word feel?

Our regular and common senses dont mean anything in this case.

You hate the word natural? That's possibly one of the oddest things I've seen posted in this forum since I've been here... :blink:

Yeah, Natural and especially Normal annoy me. Things can be common, thats fine. But the others have certain connotations to them.

Why exactly is this odd for you?

• 1 month later...

I can't imagine hovering your fingers over it will give it any more power than normal, so why? I never understood this.

You're supposed to barely touch it with your fingers. That way it can move better "on it's own" and not by people moving it themselves by pressing to hard.I've done Ouija a few times and some weird things happened but not all the time. I learned the whole history of my old town from a Ouija board. After we did the Ouija we did some research and every thing the board told us was correct and we had never known the history of the town before then. Still gives me the chills.

EDIT: I don't do Ouija anymore. I did grow out of that phase. :P But I try other sorts of communication.

Edited by Disembodied Voice

• 2 weeks later...

Fads have come and gone, but the Ouija board has remained. I believe everyone here knows what an ouija board is, but just in case you don't, here's a pic and slighted description. Sorry in advance for the hotlink, but I won't even save the image to my computer. It's just one of my things.

ouija-board.gif

So, the planchet (that lil heart shaped thingy) is placed on the board. People sit around and are supposed to just hover their fingers over it and ask the spirits questions. The spirits will respond by moving the planchet over the letters and whatnot. Of course, this is the board game version, there are many made up versions to be had as well.

So here's my question.

WHY do people have to put their fingers over the planchet? I mean, you aren't controlling it... the spirits are. Why not just sit around it and ask questions? That would leave a lot less room for trickery, yes? I can't imagine hovering your fingers over it will give it any more power than normal, so why? I never understood this.

You must touch the planchette because the spirits have no physical form to manifest enough energy to move it themselves. When you touch the planchette, you are in a sense, giving off energy for them to tap into. That's why sometimes, when enough energy is taken from a person (and they feel drained, weak, etc) the planchette moves faster and faster, and a person may have to try to keep up with the planchette.

You must touch the planchette because the spirits have no physical form to manifest enough energy to move it themselves. When you touch the planchette, you are in a sense, giving off energy for them to tap into. That's why sometimes, when enough energy is taken from a person (and they feel drained, weak, etc) the planchette moves faster and faster, and a person may have to try to keep up with the planchette.

And these are the same spirits that can get the energy to open doors , turn off lights , talk into recorders , knock on walls , throw dish's , etc.....

What a load of crap....

And these are the same spirits that can get the energy to open doors , turn off lights , talk into recorders , knock on walls , throw dish's , etc.....

What a load of crap....

It doesn't surprise me when I hear this from someone who never got an ouija board working.

Got any progress with astral projection btw?

It never ceases to amaze me. There are several threads about Ouija Boards and no matter how often it comes up and how some disclaim it as a game or others believe it, it always invokes a great deal of opinions.

It's still not as bad compared to religious topics. Heh.

Personally, I never played around with a Ouija, although I have witnessed other people play it. Quite frankly, I am not sure what to think of it.

I find that it's kind of like those who visits fortune tellers. Maybe it's a form of warm or even cold readings, which it's probably a hoax, but then, some said they got answers where nobody else would have possibly known.

I'll probably stay undecided unless I happen to try it for myself and make my own conclusion.

Edited by :PsYKoTiC:BeHAvIoR:

It doesn't surprise me when I hear this from someone who never got an ouija board working.

They work exactly how they are meant to, with people moving the planchette, while pretending its a ghost.

That's why sometimes, when enough energy is taken from a person (and they feel drained, weak, etc) the planchette moves faster and faster, and a person may have to try to keep up with the planchette.

Moving your hands doesn't take that much energy.

Yet, it happens (because who knows why)

Because some people like playing make believe.

To be completely and 100% honest, I find the entire concept of a Ouija board very hard to completely invest my beliefs in, especially since the subconscious mind can easily and heavily determine the outcomes. Try doing this - get a group together consisting of three people, and one person out of that group will write the letters down on a piece of paper while the other two sit down and use the board with a blindfold. I can guarantee that the only result will be mindless gibberish. Though, I have heard some VERY creepy, eerie and unexplained stories about Ouija boards in my time. I always try to keep an open mind about them, though. I do not completely disbelieve in them, but I do not completely BELIEVE in them, either. I believe in ghosts and spirits for sure, though.

Edited by Alienated Being

Got any progress with astral projection btw?

Go read the thread on it ... :tu:

Greetings Im new here!

I believe a lot of people have explained the necessity for touching the planchet as the spirits utilizing your energy to move the indicator. Basically you are the middle man between the board and the spirit, which is often the explanation for ghost writing too.

WHY do people have to put their fingers over the planchet? I mean, you aren't controlling it... the spirits are. Why not just sit around it and ask questions? That would leave a lot less room for trickery, yes? I can't imagine hovering your fingers over it will give it any more power than normal, so why? I never understood this.

Could it be because no spirits are moving it, just the subconscious moving of the planchette on the part of the players?

Nah...

Could it be because no spirits are moving it, just the subconscious moving of the planchette on the part of the players?

Nah...

I believe that spirits do come the sec people use ouija boards... they all hang around purposely in the hope that humans will call on them...

Yes, it is the people who move the planchette but it is the spirits that control human's body :mellow:

Oh I agree the spirit moves their body all the time.. they can be a tricky spirit too..

I once asked them if they new the upcoming lotto results... it made me point to yes......then I asked it for 6 numbers.. it poonted to all 6 .....

I never trusted that spirit again... I was out £1 ... how rude...

Greetings Im new here!

I believe a lot of people have explained the necessity for touching the planchet as the spirits utilizing your energy to move the indicator. Basically you are the middle man between the board and the spirit, which is often the explanation for ghost writing too.

Lets see what happens when you try it on your pc.

And why do people screw up ouija boards when they have to do it blindfolded?

Lets see what happens when you try it on your pc.

And why do people screw up ouija boards when they have to do it blindfolded?

Pointless doing it blindfolded.. if you are unable to read the messages spelled out..lol

Pointless doing it blindfolded.. if you are unable to read the messages spelled out..lol

Ha.

Just have someone standing by. You know what i mean.

Why not just sit around it and ask questions? That would leave a lot less room for trickery, yes? I can't imagine hovering your fingers over it will give it any more power than normal, so why? I never understood this.

Simple..because of the ideomotor effect, as was mentioned before. We try to hide out intentions, wants and desires yet some part of us will spell it out (literally) using a board and planchete.

Several years ago I went through that stage where I thought I was "communicating" with spirits or whatever but once I stepped back and observed objectively, I was simply spelling out my own desires and whatnot.

There could even have been temporary insanity involved too, I don't know.

All I know is that when I look back at the stuff I wrote down that I got from my own home-made ouija board..I am embarrassed to think I ever thought any of it was real.

I was also studying Wicca and Witchcraft -though I did not actually practice- and though that did not have anything to do with my involvement with the ouija, it still aberrated my ability to think clearly.

At any rate, if a "spirit" wanted to talk to me and id supposedly so powerful it can affect the physical environment then it can just as well write out a note on paper..it doesn't need a silly looking board, candles, incense and all those silly props.

But then again..no one has proven, beyond a doubt, that "spirits" actually exist.

Ouija is silly..

Ha.

Just have someone standing by. You know what i mean.

No way they could trick me ...lol

Blindfold not works because the sight is considered one form of required energy.

For example, if you use your computer and connect with your friend's computer using TeamViewer, he needs to give you permission to enter his computer AND you need to see his screen remotely in order to control perfectly his computer.

The science today doesn't know all about the brain, its functioning is still a mystery. All we know is that the image captured by the eyes is decoded by the brain and transforms into brainwave casting through out the space.

This is just my thought, I have no proof about it.