Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Is the world's largest super-volcano set to e

sean6

* The super-volcano beneath Yellowstone National Park in Wyoming has been rising at a record rate since 2004

It would explode with a force a thousand times more powerful than the Mount St Helens eruption in 1980.

Spewing lava far into the sky, a cloud of plant-killing ash would fan out and dump a layer 10ft deep up to 1,000 miles away.

Two-thirds of the U.S. could become uninhabitable as toxic air sweeps through it, grounding thousands of flights and forcing millions to leave their homes.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencetech/article-1350123/Worlds-largest-volcano-Yellowstone-National-Park-wipe-thirds-US.html#ixzz1C3Y0CqR3'>http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencetech/article-1350123/Worlds-largest-volcano-Yellowstone-National-Park-wipe-thirds-US.html#ixzz1C3Y0CqR3

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencetech/article-1350123/Worlds-largest-volcano-Yellowstone-National-Park-wipe-thirds-US.html

i guess we will see,,i live in new york :unsure2:

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• danielost

• Von Bismarck

• aquatus1

• Odin11

:unsure2: I just read a book about this kinda strange......time to invest in duct tape just in case, as well as stock up on water, plus non-perishable food I guess. :mellow: Or maybe just wait and see.......

It would make a GREAT disaster movie, wouldn't it ?

meow purr :)

It would make a GREAT disaster movie, wouldn't it ?

meow purr :)

starring Barack Obama as Morgan Freeman.

if i was living in italy i think i would be even more worried, it seems that they have a volcano inside a super volcano inside a super volcano inside a super volcano. that last one almost covers the boot. and i dont recall when it any of them blew their tops. except the one that buried pompey.

if i was living in italy i think i would be even more worried, it seems that they have a volcano inside a super volcano inside a super volcano inside a super volcano.

What?????

This must be a lie Where have you got this information from?

What i know, its just one supervolcano

What?????

This must be a lie Where have you got this information from?

What i know, its just one supervolcano

one of the science channels. and of course they only talk about one. we always talk about the biggest one the others arent important.

one of the science channels.

Sorry but could you please show me this program or just something else. Because if this is true, my geologist professor got some explaining to do on why he's learning me BS. I dont really like my geologist professor. So I really hope you can find something, because i cant.

Sorry but could you please show me this program or just something else. Because if this is true, my geologist professor got some explaining to do on why he's learning me BS. I dont really like my geologist professor. So I really hope you can find something, because i cant.

from what i read today the Italian one is dead.

on the history channel today the are doing Revelations and stated that if Yellowstone blows it will block out the sun for 40 years. oh and it is over due.

from what i read today the Italian one is dead.

I know is. But this have nothing to do with the 3 supervolcanos inside each other.

I know is. But this have nothing to do with the 3 supervolcanos inside each other.

i wish i could tell you, but i was flipping channels when i stopped to see that part, i dont know the program or the channel. sorry

Anyone seen the movie "the Road" with Viggo mortenson?

I suspect if the Supervolcan blows, Northj America will be a lot luike that.

We think we're so strong and eternal, that Civilization is so invincible and inevitable. But we hang on a razor's edge from obliteration all the time.

in Australia we just had the biggest floods I've ever seen, on record. that's not even a tiny fraction of the devestation that YS Super'cano will create, but already the fabric of our society ois feeling the pressure.

Food has sky rocketed in price around the nation, everything is going up in price, all essential services, especially energy.

During the flood people were cut off completely from emergency services and police. It could have gotten quite lawless.

Imagine if everything shut down....for 40 years????

to take a quote from the movie - do you have the fire inside?

Yellowstone wont blow in my lifetime (im 26) probably not my childrens - great grandchildrens after that not so sure.

If something does happen blame John Cussack

yellowstone is the most destructive volcano

I have seen a BBC documentary on this problem at yellowstone park. Must have been more than 15yrs ago. The ground around this area has been rising over the years and it seems likely to blow with SUPER HEATED STEAM . The whole world will be affected,and yet noone makes any plans or considers some way to reduce the effect.Well if we all say,not in my life time, bit like stcking ones head in the sand

And there's nothing you can do about it. The power of Mother Nature. The whole world will have to deal with the consequences in the end. Just hope there's enough warning signs before the actual eruption so as to minimise the loss of life.

Well, let us pray to whatever higher power that nothing of this magnitude actually occurs. If it does... well. You can figure out the rest.

Well, let us pray to whatever higher power that nothing of this magnitude actually occurs. If it does... well. You can figure out the rest.

Unfortunately, it's just an inevitability, but most than likely not in the near future. Mother Nature can be more destructive than the human species. It's always a scary thought.

starring Barack Obama as Morgan Freeman.

hahahahahaha :tu:

wow that would be bad.... where would we go to vactaion?

Edited by zenfahr