Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Egyptian Revolution 2011

Nova Terra

Egypt is currently undergoing a revolution as the people overthrow their tyrannical dictator. The revolution is especially popular among teenagers and young adults. The Egyptian military and police are attempting to suppress the Egyptian people's freedom. They have also blocked Facebook and Twitter. The revolution started on Facebook after Egyptian people organized a peaceful protest, and their peaceful protest attacked the unarmed civilians. There are hundreds of thousands of Egyptian demonstrators across the country resisting. They want to oust their dictator's regime and install a free and democratic government. Many of the demonstrators want the United States to assist the rebellion. Many demonstrators have been executed by the police and military forces, including a 14 year old freedom fighter.

You can watch a live feed of the revolution here:

http://english.aljazeera.net/watch_now/

Edited by RebeccaChambers

• Replies 153
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• meryt-tetisheri

• Knight Of Shadows

• bee

• Corp

Egypt is currently undergoing a revolution as the people overthrow their tyrannical dictator. The revolution is especially popular among teenagers and young adults. The Egyptian military and police are attempting to suppress the Egyptian people's freedom. They have also blocked Facebook and Twitter. The revolution started on Facebook after Egyptian people organized a peaceful protest, and their peaceful protest attacked the unarmed civilians. There are hundreds of thousands of Egyptian demonstrators across the country resisting. They want to oust their dictator's regime and install a free and democratic government. Many of the demonstrators want the United States to assist the rebellion. Many demonstrators have been executed by the police and military forces, including a 14 year old freedom fighter.

You can watch a live feed of the revolution here:

http://english.aljaz....net/watch_now/

Whatever happens in Egypt during the coming days will affect and change the whole area. Let’s hope that we are witnessing the birth of a vibrant secular democracy, and that the army will return to its barracks. In all cases, the Mubarak regime has lost its legitimacy once it turned on its people.

Think it's a bit soon to call it a revolution just yet. There's been a surprising number of protests but don't think anything has actually changed yet.

Statement from Erix: I depise the current regime and I order President Mubarak to resign in a calm fashin and allow the public to viwe thier opninions.

Think it's a bit soon to call it a revolution just yet. There's been a surprising number of protests but don't think anything has actually changed yet.

The police has been withdrawn from the streets of Cairo. There are reports of shots exchanged between the army and police. Mubarak announced hours ago that he will address the nation but failed to do so....The likelihood of this regime continuing in power are miniscule!

The police has been withdrawn from the streets of Cairo. There are reports of shots exchanged between the army and police. Mubarak announced hours ago that he will address the nation but failed to do so....The likelihood of this regime continuing in power are miniscule!

Thats old news lol

I don't think the lack of an Internet will stop these folks. They still have their phones and mosques, which will remain places of legal assembly. The Imams are very likely in favor of this, so the mosques are a perfect place to organize. Once the Imams see the popularity, they'll throw their voices to the revolution. I suspect this has already happened, if what we saw after Friday's prayers are any indication.

Besides, these people have a cryptographic prophecy going for them, published here on Jan. 4, 2010.

I think it's their time, and they know it ...

I've never explained what my current cryptic signature means, but I will here. It explains how tiny faith moved a mountain long ago, to where none existed, and how the faithless will be reminded of this through the destruction of their own man-made miracles. Essentially, the peril to come will be directly proportional to the denial of the power at hand. It's less a religious argument, and more one of how helpful change can occur.

If you can't see the danger ahead, then perhaps the artists presenting here can be of assistance.

Whatever happens in Egypt during the coming days will affect and change the whole area. Let’s hope that we are witnessing the birth of a vibrant secular democracy, and that the army will return to its barracks. In all cases, the Mubarak regime has lost its legitimacy once it turned on its people.

If the religious authorities take over, I think that would be a disaster a la Iran. Yikes! What do you people in the region think??

hahahha... just listened to the hated Mubarak speak on NileTV. The man is outta touch from his 'fellow citizens' he just addressed.

Anybody else watch the live address?

He applauded himself for bringing reforms over the past few years making it possible for the Egyptian people to have the freedoms to express their

grievances over the past few days than he said he would sack the government and personally appoint a new one tomorrow.

Hahahahaha...... The man is outta touch with the people. If he was truly watching the events unfold like he said he has been he'd notice loud and

clear that the people's grievance is just as much with him as it is with the whole government.

If I was Mr. Mubarak I'd get the hell outta dodge immediately. The people have spoken and one way or another he'll be removed.

If the religious authorities take over, I think that would be a disaster a la Iran. Yikes! What do you people in the region think??

In the meanwhile the people are getting angrier, and the army is everywhere; Mubarak irresponsibly insists on staying on despite everything! What could possibly be expected? The army turning its guns on civilians? Bombing Cairo? First the present situation has to be dealt with, then worry about the next regime. Is one person's hold on power worth sacrificing a country?

this guy is sticky like a glue , don't' he see that all his people don't want him any more , !?

Well I suppose after being president for 30 years its kind of hard on some to simply call it quits and join the private sector once again... hahhahha

Besides the american VP Joe "Its a big-freakin deal" Biden calls Mubarak a personal friend, an american ally(1 billion $ per year to Egypt) and not a

dictator.

Biden is just as outta touch with his 'fellow citizens' as the hated Mubarek.

Keep smiling Joe.

Watch:

“Mubarak has been an ally of ours in a number of things,” said Biden. “And he’s been very responsible on, relative to geopolitical interest in the region, the Middle East peace efforts; the actions Egypt has taken relative to normalizing relationship with — with Israel. … I would not refer to him as a dictator.” --American VP Joe Biden

The demonstrations were organized by Egyptian youth from all walks of life, Muslims, Christians, leftists, Muslim Brothers, men and women…they clearly chanted “The people want to topple the regime”, “Mubarak out”, “Enough”…and he still doesn’t get it! He claims to have granted his people the freedom to protest, but only within the limits he sets, and which he expects the army to enforce. Freedom is earned, not granted or bestowed as a gift. He is trying to hold 80 million people hostage! He is not sticky, rather more of Teflon faced.

To help clarify what is going on in Egypt, here is an informative article written by an Egyptian journalist based in New York, Mona El Tahawy.

"That sound you hear on the streets of Egypt where thousands have been protesting is the sound of years of rage at the corruption and repression of Hosni Mubarak's regime. But more important, it’s the sound of the future: young Egyptians have kicked down the door of fear and demanded to be heard.

Who leads them? The beautifully short answer is: no one."

http://www.nytimes.com/roomfordebate/2011/01/27/whats-behind-the-demonstrations-in-egypt/leaderless-but-powerful-in-cairo

The [poison gas,] and it is poison, that is being used against the people of Egypt is clearly marked "Made in the USA."

I'm sure the Egyptians that will soon come to power, won't forget this. This, at the hands of the Egyptian state police, who are hated beyond words for their use of torture over the years.

I have to wonder how many other dictatorships around the world are being provided with our toxic chemicals to keep people oppressed for decades?

The speech given by President Obama last night, was too little too late.

5397410430_d9f6844b88.jpg

Edited by Raptor Witness

The [poison gas,] and it is poison, that is being used against the people of Egypt is clearly marked "Made in the USA."

I'm sure the Egyptians that will soon come to power, won't forget this. This, at the hands of the Egyptian state police, who are hated beyond words for their use of torture over the years.

I have to wonder how many other dictatorships around the world are being provided with our toxic chemicals to keep people oppressed for decades?

The speech given by President Obama last night, was too little too late.

5397410430_d9f6844b88.jpg

The United States had a rare opportunity to re-connect with the peoples of the Middle East by taking a clearer and firmer position for the people of Egypt, instead of short sighted political waffling. A coherent stand for their inalienable rights to democracy, dignity, and civic liberties would have been far more effective than the speech given by Obama at Cairo University. The image of the States as a power that sacrifices the liberties of people for short term interests could have been altered. Instead the negative image perpetrated by the Islamists etc. has been reinforced. How could the Egyptian people risk life & injury for four days to “topple the regime” and “oust Mubarak”, yet Obama’s administration says ’it’s ok with us if you stay, just try to play nicely’? That’s a royal bungle

You know, its possible that the current 30 year president wants to retire and this is the exit plot.

The next guy being promoted by the same television networks that brought us news of this conflict apparently has a globalist back ground.

Only question I have is why does he want to quit? And where is he going?

You know, its possible that the current 30 year president wants to retire and this is the exit plot.

The next guy being promoted by the same television networks that brought us news of this conflict apparently has a globalist back ground.

Only question I have is why does he want to quit? And where is he going?

I doubt that there is any planning between Al Baradei and Mubarak. The latter is known for his sheer stubbornness and hesitancy. Rather, the question should be why Mubarak is incapable of getting it: that his regime lost legitimacy once he set his police force, and the army, and killed 53 unarmed citizens?

Look for clues at the International warrant placed by Tunisia for Bin Ali, as well as the freezing of some bank accounts and assets..etc. That could one dissuading factor, other than the appeal of limitless power, loyal cronies, all the whistles and bells!.

This sort of behaviour will happen more regular now, all over the world. People will begin to stand and fight a system set up to help and keep safe, not neglect and be has corrupt as it can.

Mubarak is clearly clueless: dismissing a government without doing anything about the leader of that government? He must think the citizens of his country are stupid. Maybe before the information age and the 24 hour news cycle, he could have gotten away with this, but people hear news and react immediately via Twitter, Facebook and other social media. I read somewhere yesterday that Mubarak is blaming al Jazeera for his troubles. Can you believe that?! :no:

Mubarak is clearly clueless: dismissing a government without doing anything about the leader of that government? He must think the citizens of his country are stupid. Maybe before the information age and the 24 hour news cycle, he could have gotten away with this, but people hear news and react immediately via Twitter, Facebook and other social media. I read somewhere yesterday that Mubarak is blaming al Jazeera for his troubles. Can you believe that?! :no:

He has totally isolated himself in an ivory tower, surrounded by geriatric cronies and simply can't believe anything other than the adulation of his inner circle.

So far 108 bodies have been discovered in total, including 2 children, elderly men, young men & women. Many were shot with live ammunition, some were 'crushed' showing signs of being 'trod' on !

Sounds getting worse

"We have seen more than 20 cases of headshots… in addition to chest wounds. I myself have seen 38 people killed and brought to the hospital, other than the ones whose families took them themselves."
Dr Yaser Sayyed

Dissmissing upper government appointees did not work in Tunisia. Mubarak is following the same playbook that President Zine El Abidine Ben Ali did in Tunisia and I predict the final Result will be close to the same. Libyas Quadaffi is living in fear of the same thing happening there.

Dissmissing upper government appointees did not work in Tunisia. Mubarak is following the same playbook that President Zine El Abidine Ben Ali did in Tunisia and I predict the final Result will be close to the same. Libyas Quadaffi is living in fear of the same thing happening there.

The people of Egypt are being sacrificed for one man, who is also apparently punishing them for rising against him. Plain clothed policemen ( identification papers found on them), who are armed with government issued guns, are looting and attacking houses and stores in Cairo suburbs. The Egyptian museum has been looted. This is exactly what happened in Tunisia. Mubarak is treating his people with astounding contempt. He must go!