Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Egyptian Revolution 2011

Nova Terra

You know, its possible that the current 30 year president wants to retire and this is the exit plot.

The next guy being promoted by the same television networks that brought us news of this conflict apparently has a globalist back ground.

Only question I have is why does he want to quit? And where is he going?

I don't think he wants to quit. I mean he just fired the government but refused to step down himself, saying that he was awesome. Not the words of a guy looking to retire. And why start up massive riots? He could easily have just not run in the next election. No reason at all for the whole song and dance.

Bit of good news I saw today. Seems the Muslim Brotherhood showed up and tried to direct one of the protests only have have the crowd tell them to get lost. :D

• Replies 153
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• meryt-tetisheri

• Knight Of Shadows

• bee

• Corp

New development: seems museums are being attacked. Rumour has it that the lotters are cops and government officials. Protesters have joined soldiers in guarding the museums.

Ok with the protests showing no signs of stopping and the military while not actively supporting protesters but doing nothing to stop them I agree that this is now a revolution. Hopefully it takes Egypt to a better place.

Interesting development in Cairo right now on Al Jazeera television. Citizens are policing their own neighborhoods because the police

are non-existent. The military has been deployed to protect GOVERNMENT property and the police are nowhere to be seen. So the citizens

have been left to protect their own families and private property in their neighborhoods from looters and criminals. The young men

interviewed are armed with kitchen knives and make-shift weapons because most people DONT HAVE GUNS.

The [poison gas,] and it is poison, that is being used against the people of Egypt is clearly marked "Made in the USA."

I'm sure the Egyptians that will soon come to power, won't forget this. This, at the hands of the Egyptian state police, who are hated beyond words for their use of torture over the years.

I have to wonder how many other dictatorships around the world are being provided with our toxic chemicals to keep people oppressed for decades?

The speech given by President Obama last night, was too little too late.

5397410430_d9f6844b88.jpg

You do realize that is a tear gas canister, not deadly poison like you so claim. All tear gas canisters and guns are made in the America. U.S. has no control how a government uses these tear gas canisters. It is made to make your eyes water and it hard to breath, to deter protesters or force people out of a building. So before you go around accusing a Country with unfounded claims, bring proof or news articles, and maybe you will gain respect here in the forums.

I don’t appreciate Opportunities, who spread hatred and lies around the internet. People like you…

Controversial Tear Gas Canisters Made In The USA

Egyption Police Using U.S.-Made Tear Gas Against Demostrators

Algeria, Egypt, Yemen, Tunisia, and soon Saudi Arabia are next. The whole Middle East is falling like dominos and the people are rising up to reclaim their government.

Edited by Phox

New development: seems museums are being attacked. Rumour has it that the lotters are cops and government officials. Protesters have joined soldiers in guarding the museums.

Ok with the protests showing no signs of stopping and the military while not actively supporting protesters but doing nothing to stop them I agree that this is now a revolution. Hopefully it takes Egypt to a better place.

I heard that the Nation Museum is being threated. I hope they are able to protect the artifacts there. It would be completely sad if they were damaged!!

I hope the riots/protests stop soon.

I heard that the Nation Museum is being threated. I hope they are able to protect the artifacts there. It would be completely sad if they were damaged!!

I hope the riots/protests stop soon.

Some of the artifacts have been stolen/destroyed.

I support the riots but they will not give up.

Some of the artifacts have been stolen/destroyed.

I support the riots but they will not give up.

I hope the stolen artifacts are removed and the person who damaged those are brought to justice! Those things are unreplacable! They're priceless!

The price Egyptians are paying for their freedom is getting steep. Policemen in civilian attire are systematically looting not only iconic sites but also homes & businesses. Looters normally would be interested in preserving the market value of their loot. Why go through the trouble of clambring down the roof of the museum, stealing priceless items just to smash them, losing millions and leaving fragments behind? Looters carrying central security papers, and government issued guns were arrested elsewhere. It’s a scorched earth policy that’s being followed. Someone is trying to send a certain message of indispensability to the world, while punishing the people for standing up for their rights . That someone should be brought to justice. The question is, in the meanwhile, does the world have anything to offer other than empty waffling, & hot air hopes for reform? Below is an interesting article.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/africaandindianocean/egypt/8290715/Egypt-protests-Bloodshed-on-the-streets-as-human-price-of-Hosni-Mubaraks-clampdown-emerges.html

Well what can the world offer other than support? This is an internal matter after all.

Word is that the president's family has fled the country.

Well what can the world offer other than support? This is an internal matter after all.

Word is that the president's family has fled the country.

How about stop talking about how if Mubarak 'talks' and 'reforms'; if he plays nice, all will be forgiven despite the wishes of 80 million Egyptians? Also, a definition of "dictator" and whether it applies to a man who rigged all elections, has snipers shooting 'his' people in the head...etc; might be helpful. If such a definition is found, someone should inform J. Biden!

Have anyone noticed, almost everytime a revoution happens, the Police are against the People and the Army helps the people.

Egypt is currently undergoing a revolution as the people overthrow their tyrannical dictator. The revolution is especially popular among teenagers and young adults. The Egyptian military and police are attempting to suppress the Egyptian people's freedom. They have also blocked Facebook and Twitter. The revolution started on Facebook after Egyptian people organized a peaceful protest, and their peaceful protest attacked the unarmed civilians. There are hundreds of thousands of Egyptian demonstrators across the country resisting. They want to oust their dictator's regime and install a free and democratic government. Many of the demonstrators want the United States to assist the rebellion. Many demonstrators have been executed by the police and military forces, including a 14 year old freedom fighter.

You can watch a live feed of the revolution here:

http://english.aljazeera.net/watch_now/

thanks for that link.... :tu:

I'm watching it now

The price Egyptians are paying for their freedom is getting steep. Policemen in civilian attire are systematically looting not only iconic sites but also homes & businesses. Looters normally would be interested in preserving the market value of their loot. Why go through the trouble of clambring down the roof of the museum, stealing priceless items just to smash them, losing millions and leaving fragments behind? Looters carrying central security papers, and government issued guns were arrested elsewhere. It’s a scorched earth policy that’s being followed. Someone is trying to send a certain message of indispensability to the world, while punishing the people for standing up for their rights . That someone should be brought to justice. The question is, in the meanwhile, does the world have anything to offer other than empty waffling, & hot air hopes for reform? Below is an interesting article.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/africaandindianocean/egypt/8290715/Egypt-protests-Bloodshed-on-the-streets-as-human-price-of-Hosni-Mubaraks-clampdown-emerges.html

from your link....

Yesterday, protesters again defied tanks, bullets and a curfew to gather in Cairo and demand the removal of their president. There were scenes of high emotion at morgues around the country as wailing families demanded the bodies of those killed on Friday.

woah....it's getting very heavy over there in Egypt...and people are being very brave on the

streets...getting shot at and killed... :cry:

a popular uprising must be every government's nightmare

this is BIG...re. the whole area

from your link....

woah....it's getting very heavy over there in Egypt...and people are being very brave on the

streets...getting shot at and killed... :cry:

a popular uprising must be every government's nightmare

this is BIG...re. the whole area

It's a campaign of covert state terror now. Nothing will be the same again in all of the Middle East, not since that vegetable vendor in Tunisia commited suicide. Funny how a seemingly small scale incident can lead to a tsunami ! The people are very brave and have a moral courage that I can only respect and admire. With no access to the internet, their voices may become muffled, and that shouldn't happen. At least their sacrifice must be acknowledged if not honored. The more light is shed on what is happening in Egypt, the less of a free hand a despot can have to persecute the people.

It's a campaign of covert state terror now. Nothing will be the same again in all of the Middle East, not since that vegetable vendor in Tunisia commited suicide. Funny how a seemingly small scale incident can lead to a tsunami !

that seems to be the way the most powerful things happen...in an organic way

people could plan for ever and a day to try and make somethng happen...but nothing

can substitute an idea that's time has come..... :wacko: ...someone said something like this

can't remember who.... :)

The people are very brave and have a moral courage that I can only respect and admire.

yes

With no access to the internet, their voices may become muffled, and that shouldn't happen. At least their sacrifice must be acknowledged if not honored. The more light is shed on what is happening in Egypt, the less of a free hand a despot can have to persecute the people.

the power of modern technology eh?.....but even if it gets taken away...people get VERY annoyed and stubborn

Apparently, other governments are evacuating their country citizens to safe harbor spots like for example in Europe for transportation to their reputed countries. I think that the protesters that are banding together to stop the looters are breathtakingly cool in my book.

Apparently, other governments are evacuating their country citizens to safe harbor spots like for example in Europe for transportation to their reputed countries. I think that the protesters that are banding together to stop the looters are breathtakingly cool in my book.

bolded.... :yes:

it's on Aljazeera now about someone trying to cause trouble with a MACHINE GUN but being subdued

by the people....and protesters stopping looters etc and finding govt ID on some of them

agent provocateurs obviously out there to try and cause chaos and bad press

bolded.... :yes:

it's on Aljazeera now about someone trying to cause trouble with a MACHINE GUN but being subdued

by the people....and protesters stopping looters etc and finding govt ID on some of them

agent provocateurs obviously out there to try and cause chaos and bad press

Hi Bee nice to see you out and about this fine evening for a revolt :P .

Yes saw that on the good old Al Jazerza as well. However, I somehow wouldn't put it past Mubarak too do something like that as a scare statue type thing. My thoughts and my full support are with them.

I'm just waiting until it hits Lebanon and Saudi Arabia. I'm cracking up laughing that the Bush doctrine wasn't even the cause of all this it was all because of Tunisia.

Edited: Damn formatting is drag

Edited by Ryinrea

peeks ... is michael here ? he's not gonna blame syria for this too will he ? :D

it's not such a surprise actually

this president was assigend by the people of ejypt to represent

the people .. instead he does what he desires and want

doesn't give a damn about people's desires and opinion

his people no longer want him president

brutality by the police was unbelieveable

let's hope things get better soon .. he's just grabbing the chair of power

with both legs and feets .. but he'll come down eventally :D

:tu:

good to see that

LOL.....this one's a biggy.... :yes:

but I'm worried for the Egyptian people, as well....FOOD etc

and WikiLeaks is said to have had a PART in that...with cables about Tunisia and corrupt Govt....

credit where credit's due?

but yeah...Saudi Arabia/Lebanon.....bet they are WORRIED...

Yes, I tend to agree that Wikilinks had some effect to it as well. They do seem to be worried as the Saudi prince just Condemn the uprising say they were infiltrators. I guess he is worried that it will happen to him too,, Whooop

saudia .... not a chance on earth

not that it's safe country or anything

but i meet dozens of saudia people .. all they care about is their

food and fat purses

while ejypt people even before made protests for ejypt support of usa

and lack of support for palestine

but saudia .. nu uhh ... as long as they have food and alot of oil

to swim in .. they won't lift a finger for any one :D

brutality by the police was unbelieveable

let's hope things get better soon .. he's just grabbing the chair of power

with both legs and feets .. but he'll come down eventally :D

:yes: ......and they are talking (on Aljazeera) about the delicate position that the US has

re. the anti Mubarak demonstrations....

Yes, I tend to agree that Wikilinks had some effect to it as well. They do seem to be worried as the Saudi prince just Condemn the uprising say they were infiltrators. I guess he is worried that it will happen to him too,, Whooop

the cracks are showing....nothing like a popular uprising to concentrate the mind of dictatorial regimes

:tu: