Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Egyptian Revolution 2011

Nova Terra

Nations are falling like dominos right now to the revolution. *Pushes a single domino, that causes the other dominos to fall in pattern that ends up with a giant V*

Once the people have a taste of freedom, it will spread like wildfire across Middle East. Welcome to the revolution of the Middle East. People rising up to push out dictators and installing democracy on their own. Syria is trying to stay out of it, but that Arab nation is next in line for the revolution. The people are fed up with the lies, the deceit, and the oppressive nature of the regimes.

Iran has a hypocrite nature, because the revolution 2009 like Egypt was crushed with brutal tactics by Iran's Hardliners. So Iran shouldn't even dare portray itself as a sympatric country with Egypt, it will only create a backlash against them because they rule with an Iron Fist. Iran is only interested spreading their influence by using U.S. and Israel as the scapegoats. They have been doing this for years. This hardliner country wants America and Israel gone, so they can annex other Arab nations.

The domino effect is full steam ahead, the people must not Islamic

Where U.S. stands at the moment, they support anyone that can bring stability to the nation and keep Islamic Radicals out of power. Those Arabs taken advantage of America’s fear of Islamic Radicals, by saying it was either them or Islamic extremists. The leaders of U.S. are hoping from a transition from an oppressive nature to democracy which will relieve their fears. Islamic Extremists or Hardliner Muslims should be allowed to control the countries, because they will oppress the people and spread hatred towards Israel and U.S.

That is where U.S. stands with Middle East; they just want to see stability and peace.

Israel is only watching closely, trying to assess the situation so in case there is attacks from Islamic Extremist (Iran funded) taking advantage of the situation to lure Israel into attacking them. This would cause more resentment against Israel by the people. They make opportunities out of chaos, to manipulate and trick people into letting them take power.

Israel must beware of the split tongue snake and I hope they show restraint.

• Replies 153
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• meryt-tetisheri

• Knight Of Shadows

• bee

• Corp

Tarpley: Egypt Uprising is US-UK Destabilization Campaign

Russia Today

January 30, 2011

Sounds more like fear tactics by Egyptian president to use U.S. as a scapecoat. Next he will be accusing israel of inciting this revolution. It is actually the people of Egypt who start this revolution and I hope they stay true to their main reason for starting the reovlution.

Tarpley: Egypt Uprising is US-UK Destabilization Campaign

Russia Today

January 30, 2011

Too much of a conspiracy theory. According to this view, the demonstrators are either mindless puppets in the hands of CIA, M16; or 'infiltrators' and spy agents ( like what the king of SA claimed) ? Yet, they are willing to go unarmed on the streets to be shot at with rubber bullets, live ammo, and tear gas. I would greatly admire a spy agency that can inspire such loyalty among so many young people! On a more serious tone, this totally belittles the gravity of the tyranny,inhumane torture, corruption, inefficiency,the suffering of the people in Egypt for 30 years.It also overestimates the successes of said agencies. Overall, too simplistic an explanation.

These demonstrations are as much a protest against US meddling in their affairs as they are against the Mubarak regime.

30 year dictator + 30 billion american taxpayer $USD = ?

Think about it... what happens if they vote into power 'the wrong party'?

You know, a party that doesn't share the same foreign policy views as the american-backed dictator's party.

This could get very interesting indeed. Today, western support for Egyptian revolution..... tomorrow, let's bomb them back to the stone age.

Seems silly that western people are engulfed in the revolution energy today when last week they could care less that their tax dollars were given

to a dictators coffer to oppress its people.

Same could be said right now about Saudi Arabia. How long has that 'great' democracy had their King? Remember Bush jr kissing his hand and holding

it while they walked together in front of photographers? And let's not abandon the fact that 15/19 hi-jackers on 911 were Saudi nationalists.

Think the Egyptians will simply forget that its been american foreign policy to back its dictator? I don't.

This is a difficult situation which may result in serious consequences if democracy runs its course in Egypt.

well said acidhead

it's all about the presidents or kings not representing the will

of the people who vote for them " in case of presidents "

and same goes for jordan and their king

we might yet see another one in jordan

it's unlike some people saying here or trying to cover it

as it's rise for democracy

people just sick of usa meddling in their affairs

and their presidents are ok with it

This sort of behaviour will happen more regular now, all over the world. People will begin to stand and fight a system set up to help and keep safe, not neglect and be has corrupt as it can.

Na, I would hope so, but no. The Egyptian people have passion, and have the gonads for it, us in the West are too terrified and worried about losing our material possessions to rise up, we are all too comfortable. We have the gonads the size of shrivelled up peas. We would have to do simple things first, like turning away from that brainwashing box for 2 minutes, and stop worshipping celebrities, and watching mindless trash like Pop idol etc.

The general public in the West do not even think there is anything sinister a foot in our governments, as long as they have their comforts, everything is hunky dory :yes:

I think things in Egypt are just a tad worst than they are in the West.

Perhaps yes, give it time. Maybe its best to get of our asses before it does become as bad in the West? Like I said, most people do not even realize how bad its got in the West, or how bad it is going to get, some like to have their heads in the sand, so I think its not as good as many want to believe. Which was one of my points.

I've visited Egypt twice so I can at least talk with some experience of the country.

This situation in Egypt is serious and it's degenerating every day. It's always been one of the moderate ME countries and I wonder how much of this has been influenced by Algeria.

Look, Mubarek isn't the be all and end all. No-one is. But I don't think this is all about democracy in Egypt. I think there is a fair bit of Muslim fundamentalism driving this.

But I sincerely hope for the ordinary Egyptian that it all ends soon and peacefully.

Today the 1 Million March is taking place. According to Jazeera more than a million protesters have assembled in and around Tahrir/ Liberation Square!.

I cannot be there, but I joined a virtual "March of Millions" on facebook, in solidarity with the protesters!

On a lighter note,

"The Best Egypt Protest Signs From Around The World". Some are really good!

http://www.buzzfeed.com/mjs538/the-best-egypt-protest-signs-from-around-the-world?awesm=awe.sm_5G0rg&utm_content=awesm-tweet-button-horizontal&utm_medium=awe.sm-twitter&utm_source=twitter.com

The Army won't stop the million march but what will it achieve? Is there a set goal for the people of Egypt who are demonstrating?

The Army won't stop the million march but what will it achieve? Is there a set goal for the people of Egypt who are demonstrating?

A coalition of opposition groups declared its demands to be:

1) Mubarak step down

2) Formation of coalition government

3) Rewriting the constitution

4) Re-election of political bodies

A coalition of opposition groups declared its demands to be:

1) Mubarak step down

2) Formation of coalition government

3) Rewriting the constitution

4) Re-election of political bodies

Why should Mubarek be dismissed? What has he done that's so against the citizens?

Why a coalition govt? Why is that better?

What's wrong with the Constitution? Who does it ignore? Dismiss?

Which political parties don't have a say in Egyptian govt and why should they?

Why should Mubarek be dismissed? What has he done that's so against the citizens?

Lies mainly and using miltary control

It will take pages to answer even part of your questions! I will give you pointers but you need to do your research on your own. Since Egypt is being extensively covered by the international media, this should not be too difficult.

Mubarak has instituted the emergency law since 30 years, giving wide unlimited powers to his security forces including: indefinite detention without trial, torture, even use of rape of family members to coerce false confessions. Even an innocuous blogger was grabbed by police agents, brutally beaten to death, his face ripped, this happened in public! His name is Khaled Saiid, a name that was adopted by one of the organizing movements of the uprising in Egypt. People didn’t even have to write or commit anything, if your influential neighbor didn’t like your face, watch out!

Every election which took place was rigged; to the extent that ballot boxes arrived already full sometimes. The joke at that time was that Egypt was so democratic, that even the dead voted!

Corruption. He surrounded himself with a clique which effectively controlled Egypt’s economy for its own benefit. One of his advisors and a main figure of the NDP controlled the monopoly of iron & steel market for example. Mubarak’s family fortune is estimated to be 40 billion dollars. His personal share of the pie is 10 billion.

He used the sectarian card to maintain his grip on power.

Around 40% of the population is living at or under the poverty line. It was estimated that close to 50% of children suffer from malnutrition. Wouldn’t you fire a CEO who had 30 years tenure but persisted in running down your company?

Around 300 unarmed demonstrators were killed, most shot by live ammunition in the head during last week by his security forces. That alone strips him from any claim to legitimacy as a president of Egypt.

I could go on forever. I recommend a bit of googling!

Today the 1 Million March is taking place. According to Jazeera more than a million protesters have assembled in and around Tahrir/ Liberation Square!.

I cannot be there, but I joined a virtual "March of Millions" on facebook, in solidarity with the protesters!

On a lighter note,

"The Best Egypt Protest Signs From Around The World". Some are really good!

http://www.buzzfeed.com/mjs538/the-best-egypt-protest-signs-from-around-the-world?awesm=awe.sm_5G0rg&utm_content=awesm-tweet-button-horizontal&utm_medium=awe.sm-twitter&utm_source=twitter.com

the sign link is good...... :tu:

it's all over the news tonight.....about the big protest

this could be it... victory for the protesters in the next 48 hours ?

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-middle-east-12339508

An announcement by the military that it would not use force against the Egyptian people and considered their demands legitimate reassured many wanting to join this protest.

the sign link is good...... :tu:

it's all over the news tonight.....about the big protest

this could be it... victory for the protesters in the next 48 hours ?

http://www.bbc.co.uk...e-east-12339508

Mubarak is about to address the nation any minute now. Let's hope that it will be over quickly, peacefully, cleanly, and that congratulations will be in order :)

Mubarak is about to address the nation any minute now. Let's hope that it will be over quickly, peacefully, cleanly, and that congratulations will be in order :)

Well he says he will go at the next election in September and the question being asked is 'is it enough?'.

a crucial time as the protesters could be split over whether to wait or not....

Well he says he will go at the next election in September and the question being asked is 'is it enough?'.

a crucial time as the protesters could be split over whether to wait or not....

It has been repeatedly stated that nothing short of his immediate resignation will be enough. This was a rare exercise in self-delusion. The crowd erupted into a furious cheer of "the people want to topple the president", "illegitimate" and "leave", which CNN somehow read as cheers!!! Things might take a turn to the worst. Politicians sit together and work out deals amongst themselves but miss out only one point, how will they enforce it on 80 million very angry people? 300 unarmed people, including 2 children aged 4 & 7, were shot by his forces, at his orders, to ensure his claim to power. He has deliberately tried to stiffle, punish, dissent, and cut all of Egypt from the outside world,; yet somehow he is supposed to be the legitimate leader of his victims? In short, Egypt has been thrown to the wolves, the people will not split, but things have a potential to turn ugly!

http://www.wired.com/dangerroom/2011/01/torturers-jailers-spies-lead-egypts-new-government/

if they waited the period he said

i think he'll make their lives a living hell

it's dangerous disicion to quit now

i hope they demand him stepping down right away

and don't take nothing less than to form a new goverment

a goverment that he has nothing to do with .. unlike the one he did

It has been repeatedly stated that nothing short of his immediate resignation will be enough. This was a rare exercise in self-delusion. The crowd erupted into a furious cheer of "the people want to topple the president", "illegitimate" and "leave", which CNN somehow read as cheers!!! Things might take a turn to the worst. Politicians sit together and work out deals amongst themselves but miss out only one point, how will they enforce it on 80 million very angry people? 300 unarmed people, including 2 children aged 4 & 7, were shot by his forces, at his orders, to ensure his claim to power. He has deliberately tried to stiffle, punish, dissent, and cut all of Egypt from the outside world,; yet somehow he is supposed to be the legitimate leader of his victims? In short, Egypt has been thrown to the wolves, the people will not split, but things have a potential to turn ugly!

http://www.wired.com/dangerroom/2011/01/torturers-jailers-spies-lead-egypts-new-government/

He just won’t give up :no:

The longer he delays his resignation more he damages his own country’s economy – if nothing else worries him, like dead citizens.

Tourism suffered great loss of income already, now a lot of foreign workers are evacuating too. Some people from Croatia are still there, they said they feel safe :lol: (they’re few hundred kilometres away from any cities so they probably are not less safe than usual)

egyptian military is staying neutral. does that mean they are not protecting either the government or the people