Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Egyptian Revolution 2011

Nova Terra

so far 3000 wounded

and 310 death

the most sickening sight is the video of police car run over and hit

a group of potesters

that's sick .. that stupid of a president should be hunged

he's trying to put it down by force

• Replies 153
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• meryt-tetisheri

• Knight Of Shadows

• bee

• Corp

More and more people will be converging on the Square. Friday has been designated the "Departure" Friday. It will be a bloodbath!

Let's hope that prediction is wrong.

While it does raise some points, like how the protests are mainly focused on the capital and no where else, it's largely a paranoid rant against the media. By all accounts the Muslim Brotherhood was caught by surprise by the protests and I know in one case where their followers tried to take control of a protest they were told to shut up. Plus if the opposition parties were able to stir up this much trouble why wait 30 years?

So by and large the article is nothing more than the birth of a conspiracy theory, one that seems to have missed the right wing media coverage.

Whatever this account really is:

- Godspeed to all our well-intentioned Egyption friends.

Good on them. Another M.E. dictator - propped up, backed, funded and armed by the U.S. - bites the dust (soon at least). They'll start to fall like dominoes.

Israel must be sh*tt*ng themselves.

Good on them. Another M.E. dictator - propped up, backed, funded and armed by the U.S. - bites the dust (soon at least). They'll start to fall like dominoes.

Israel must be sh*tt*ng themselves.

funny i thought all of the dictators in the middle east were kind of worried or under assult at the moment. except iran oh wait they have protesters too.

actually that mubarak was the biggest ally to israel and usa

in the area .. now tenion will rise in the air like smoke

i just hope saudia people will have the guts to do what the ejypt

people did ...

http://www.voanews.com/english/news/middle-east/Egypt-Prepares-for-Day-of-Departure-Protest-115262244.html

Egypt Prepares for 'Day of Departure' Protest

February 04, 2011

Thousands of anti-government protesters gathered in the Egyptian capital Friday for a massive new rally on what they calling the "day of departure" for President Hosni Mubarak.

Crowds of Egyptians filed past soldiers conducting security checks and body searches along the route to Cairo's Tahrir (Liberation) Square, the focus of more than a week of massive demonstrations calling for the immediate resignation of Mr. Mubarak.

Egyptian Defense Minister Hussein Tantawi was seen visiting the square Friday for the first time since the start of the protests. Reports from the scene described the atmosphere in the square as calm, but tense.

Ayman Nour: The political dissident founded the Al Ghad or "tomorrow" party. Nour ran against Mr. Mubarak in the 2005 election and was later jailed on corruption charges. The government released him in 2009 under pressure from the United States and other members of the international community.

Muslim Brotherhood: The Islamic fundamentalist organization is outlawed in Egypt, but remains the largest opposition group. Its members previously held 20 percent of the seats in parliament, but lost them after a disputed election in late 2010. The group leads a peaceful political and social movement aimed at forming an Islamic state.

U.S officials said Thursday the United States has begun talks with Egyptian officials on a proposal for Mr. Mubarak to resign immediately, and turn power over to a transitional government headed by Vice President Omar Suleiman with the support of the Egyptian military.

They say the proposal calls for the transitional government to invite members from a broad range of opposition groups, including the banned Muslim Brotherhood, to begin work to open up the country's electoral system in an effort to bring about free and fair elections in September.

Mr. Mubarak blamed the Muslim Brotherhood - Egypt's largest and best organized opposition group - for the violence that has taken place in the capital over the past few days. Protesters say Mr. Mubarak's supporters sparked the violence by attacking anti-government demonstrators.

At least eight people have died and nearly 900 have been injured in two days of fighting around Tahrir Square.

Prime Minister Ahmed Shafiq apologized for the clashes that broke out Wednesday. He called the violence a "disaster" and said it would not happen again.

U.S. Admiral Mike Mullen said in an interview with John Stewart's The Daily Show that Egyptian army leaders have assured him troops will not fire on protesters.

Vice President Omar Suleiman Thursday fueled anti-foreign sentiment by going on state television and blaming outsiders for fomenting unrest. He described clashes in Cairo between government supporters and opponents as a "conspiracy." Mr. Suleiman said the government was not involved but would find those responsible.

Mr. Suleiman said he has invited representatives from all political parties, including the Brotherhood, to begin a national dialogue. Local media reports that while some of the smaller parties have participated in negotiations representatives form the Brotherhood, as well as opposition figure Mohamed ElBaradei, have rejected any negotiations with the government until Mr. Mubarak steps down.

Heard of one nice story last night. Seems that the Christian protesters have been forming human chains to help guard the Muslim protesters as they pray.

Also heard that Iran has made a statement that the will of the people has been heard so Mubarak should listen to the protesters and step down. Find that rather amusing. :P

Edited by Corp

Heard of one nice story last night. Seems that the Christian protesters have been forming human chains to help guard the Muslim protesters as they pray.

Also heard that Iran has made a statement that the will of the people has been heard so Mubarak should listen to the protesters and step down. Find that rather amusing. :P

funny that iran can hear egyptian voices, but cant hear their own.

if they were as loud and the majority as the ejyptian voices

they would have been heard ... democracy that you adore

based on majority not minority

that's nice example of human one for another regardless of religion

Corp after all we're all human and nothing set one over another

Actualy we could see in the news flags with the mooncrescent and a cross, also there were a number of people wearing t shirts with the same sign.

actually that mubarak was the biggest ally to israel and usa

in the area .. now tenion will rise in the air like smoke

i just hope saudia people will have the guts to do what the ejypt

people did ...

Mubarak knew how to play the cards to get decent military equipment and economic aid. His mistake was over-staying his welcome.

Power corrupts, and even with the best of intentions in the beginning, remaining in power for to long will cause corruption to become more pronouced as the years tick by, for anyone.

Yeah I know all about the US sentiment in that part of the world and it's "popularity". It's my belief the top three threats to world peace are anti-americansim, anti-semitism, and islamaphobia all working in unison to bring about our demise.

Constructive critisism is one thing, sensationalism and half truths are quite another. It's important we keep our heads on straight during these times.

democracy really better or just look better,

look our present position in america

we are now worst shape we ever been.

Interesting take: And -just because I'm paranoid doesn't mean where not ****ed.

http://www.clintonmass.com/forum/viewtopic.php?pid=39361

"Re: What's really going on in Egypt

The softening up processes.

Do not be fooled about why this is happening in Egypt with the social unrest. Remember Egypt is Half a Christian nation, this drives the other Muslim nations crazy, that During a time of Ethnic Christian cleansing is going on across the middle east my the Muslims. Countries like Iran, Saudi Arabia, Palestine, Are so enjoyed about this uprising in the middle east, It will mean another Middle east country that will be against the Untied States and Israel. The Nazi's during World War two called this the softening up process before turning the country's into a Nation that stands with the country's that caused this civil unrest. Make the people of the World be so upset with there Governments and leaders that they will Crave change no matter what kind of change it is. This Process is being Funded By Saudi Arabia and being Pushed and acted out by Iran. This Processes has taken many years to get to this level. The people who have helped this happen have helped elect leaders that will destroy the economy of the nation and make unemployment rise to all time high levels. The President's of these nations have tried there best to fend off the Muslim invaders. The Organization called the Muslim Brotherhood has made this happen. This situation has happened in Iran In the 1970's they turned Muslim, Then the Philippines a former Christian nation now a strong Muslim foot hold for radical Islam. This group forced Marcos out of that country. It is not just the Muslims doing this dastardly nation destroying and then building the Soviet Union is also behind it. We also had Cuba in the early 1960 turn to Communism. So do not be blinded by this of the people wanting change, Sure they want change but they have been forced to scream for change but the Islamic and Communist nations will fill in the void after the chaos. We are watching a total attack By the Islamic world on Christian Nations and our President and Country does nothing to stop it. It will be a matter of time before Egypt falls into the hands of the Islamic. then they will control the flow of oil thru the Persian Gulf. This will be a giant economic weapon to use against the west. Yemen will be the next country that falls to radical Islam. These are just my personal comments about these situations.

CFB2"

If this happens to be true, and I have not a clue myself, at least we will have someone legit to blame for crazy inflation.

Let's hope this guy is just plain wrong. God help us all.

looks like the writer of that article has an islam phobia

I myself have a radical islam phobia. Is that not politically correct?

Let's just hope he is wrong about the end game over there.

When he refers to Islamics taking over, he's presuming an all-American audience who would assume he is talking about what many would consider radical islamics I think. No one is worried about peace loving moderate islamics. It is just the radicals or those that hate us AND are hell bent on hurting us or converting the world that we worry about.

Freedom is worth fighting for-

Was gonna say something more profound and chickened out. Something too corny about love... LOL

In this video the once deaf, dumb, and blind kid has become aware of his own freedom

No fear in him. Finally taking what is rightly his. His freedom!! Viva La Freedom!!!

From the Musical Screen Play -Tommy.

Lack of fear is what made America possible.

Edited by Rock Slinger

If you watch/ed the whole video looking for answers in regards to Egypt and didn't find it- sorry. I know it got trippy, huh... :rolleyes: But before the trippy part, Tommy overcomes all adversity including all aspects of war and social scrutiny. But his fearlessness alows him the ultimate goal.

As the song goes"

"I'm free!!!! and I'm waiting for you to follow me!"

G@@d night

Edited by Rock Slinger

http://news.ninemsn.com.au/world/8206191/Journalists-targeted-in-Cairo-bloody-street-battles

Crowds rally for Mubarak 'departure day'23:44 AEST Fri Feb 4 201118 hours 12 minutes ago

Feb 05, 2011

Egyptian protesters have massed for sweeping "departure day" demonstrations to force President Hosni Mubarak to quit after he said he would like to step down but fears chaos would result.

Tens of thousands filled Cairo's central Tahrir Square, the epicentre of the 11 straight days of protests that have shaken the pillars of Mubarak's three-decade rule, on the Muslim day of rest.

At one end of the square the faithful prayed out in the open, beneath two traffic lights from each of which hung an effigy of Mubarak.

"We were born free and we shall live free," prayer leader Khaled al-Marakbi said in his sermon.

"I ask of you patience until victory."

Worshippers used newspapers, banners or even Egyptian flags as impromptu prayer mats, reciting the traditional prayer for the dead in memory of the more than 300 people who have died since the protests erupted, sending shock waves around the world.

The prayer leader and many in the vast open-air congregation cried, still shaken by the ferocious clashes with stone-throwing Mubarak supporters that had left at least eight people dead and more than 800 hurt over the previous two days and drawn a stern rebuke from Washington for its key ally.

Defence Minister Mohammed Hussein Tantawi - regarded by Washington as a key plank of any post-Mubarak administration - visited the square to appeal to demonstrators to give up their protest.

The authorities have been appealing to demonstrators to go home after Mubarak pledged earlier this week not to seek re-election in September.

But opposition groups from across the political spectrum have dismissed the concession as inadequate and have rejected calls by Vice President Omar Suleiman, Mubarak's veteran intelligence chief, to enter talks.

"The man (Mubarak) told you he won't stand again," Tantawi told the protesters flanked by troops, who urged the crowd to be seated.

Tantawi called on Egypt's most powerful opposition group, the Muslim Brotherhood - outlawed for half a century - to join a dialogue with the regime.

"Tell the guide to go sit down with them," he said, referring to the group's supreme guide Mohammed Badie.

Badie told al-Jazeera television that the Brotherhood stood ready to enter talks, but only after Mubarak had gone.

"We stand with all the political forces supporting dialogue with whoever wants to implement reforms in the country after the departure of this unjust, corrupt tyrant," he told the Qatar-based satellite channel.

"We have a single demand. Once it is met, we will engage in dialogue."

And Mubarak's onetime foreign minister, Arab League chief Amr Mussa, said he doubted his former boss would leave any time soon.

"I do not think he (Mubarak) will leave. I think he will stay until the end of August," Mussa told France's Europe 1 radio.

In his first interview since the protests erupted, Mubarak blamed the Muslim Brotherhood for the violence of recent days, ABC television's Christiane Amanpour reported.

The veteran leader was "fed up with being president and would like to leave office now, but cannot, he says, for fear that the country would sink into chaos," Amanpour said.

"He told me that he is troubled by the violence we have seen in Tahrir Square over the last few days but that his government is not responsible for it. Instead, he blamed the Muslim Brotherhood."

Washington has been increasingly strident in its criticism of the deadly violence unleashed against the protesters, and foreign journalists, by Mubarak supporters in recent days.

State Department spokesman Philip Crowley said Washington had traced the violence against the protesters to "elements close to the government and the ruling party" even if it is not clear how far "up the chain" it goes.

But in an interview with US network ABC, Suleiman denied that pro-government elements had been responsible for deaths among the protesters, insisting: "They behaved very well."

Washington has been pushing proposals for the vice president to take over at the head of a transitional government, which would immediately begin a process of constitutional reform aimed at paving the way for free and fair elections in September, the New York Times reported.

"Senior administration officials said that the proposal was one of several options under discussion with high-level Egyptian officials around Mr Mubarak in an effort to persuade the president to step down now," the paper said.

Egypt's regional rival Iran weighed in meanwhile, calling Mubarak a "servant" of Israel and urging the Egyptian people to rise up and establish an Islamic republic.

"Do not back down until the implementation of a popular regime based on religion," supreme leader Ayatollah Ali Khamenei said in his sermon at the main weekly Muslim prayers in Tehran, switching from Persian to Arabic for the benefit of his Egyptian target audience.

"Inshallah (God willing) part of the Egyptian army will join the people," he said, adding that the "main enemy of the Egyptian army is the Zionist regime and not the people."

Hi there, Glynn, thanks for interesting article but, in my opinion, the opinion of Iranian ayatollahs is not relevant for situation in Egypt, but it’s nice to hear their rhetoric is still laughable. Their obsession with Zionists is not bordering mental illness, that is mental illness.

And so on, who cares, the goal of Egyptian uprising is not establishing theocracy.

Their goal is true democracy, with free and honest elections. I’m quite sure such elections won’t bring fanatics to power. If it ends up in theocracy, I’ll be literally weeping, but so far I’ve seen Egyptians are demanding their basic rights in their own country, and there’s nothing specifically Islamic in that, that’s universal and every one of us wants the same for themselves and their own country.

[Egypt's Muslims attend Coptic Christmas mass, serving as "human shields"] - Jan. 7, 2011 - Ahram

Don't be surprised that it was a Christian who foresaw your release(P.11) from Pharaoh's power, and the change immediately preceding the course of history(P.28). If you continue to protect the Christian minority in your midst, then who can argue that you don't deserve the best government on earth, with protection from on High? If you do not protect your minorities, then you will be bound again by an even worse tyrant.

Fill the streets for as long as it takes. Cover Pharaoh and his army like a flood, peacefully, and you will break his entire fleet of henchmen. If Mubarak wants to stay, let him stay in jail, along with his horde of bandits.

As for the West's protection of him, don't worry about that, either. The change in the course of history, which I saw, isn't "the worst"(P.5) for everyone.

Good luck, and I hope to hear .... "yes we can," become .... "yes we did."

This is for you, Egypt(P.45):

330464886_81c577374a.jpg

Edited by Raptor Witness