Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

'Closest sighting yet' of big cat in UK

Still Waters

and that's a really BIG assumption. There are numerous hybrid over-size exotic cats like Savannah's and other Serval hybrids that seem like the simple, logical solution to this mystery.

savannah_cat_standing.jpg

Wow, thanks for this post Pshuke. People are the stupidest creatures on this planet. Why they think they are entitled to have anything they want as pets, is beyond my comprehension.

But given the human proclivity for this type of pet, the sightings in UK lately could be some type of exotic. Cats of all shapes and sizes, are notoriously good at running and hiding, so I'm not surprised they have a problem finding the animal in question. I hope they find the animal before it hurts someone, or (god forbid) someone kills it.:huh:

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• d e v i c e

• Space Commander Travis

• vitruvian12

• NatureBoff

Wow, thanks for this post Pshuke. People are the stupidest creatures on this planet. Why they think they are entitled to have anything they want as pets, is beyond my comprehension.

But given the human proclivity for this type of pet, the sightings in UK lately could be some type of exotic. Cats of all shapes and sizes, are notoriously good at running and hiding, so I'm not surprised they have a problem finding the animal in question. I hope they find the animal before it hurts someone, or (god forbid) someone kills it.:huh:

That's a good point. A cat that's partly a Serval, could escape, and then become more and more wild and more and more skilled at hunting/hiding to survive.

Edited by Psukhe

It certainly suggests the witness and/or media may be reporting the event badly. This was a narrow country road that a supposed big cat took 5-6 seconds to move across - was it moving in slow-mo? Or, it confirms that 'trained observers' are not as good as they are constantly given credit for.

1. I didn't see anything where he said it was walking fast. Even minor country roads here are usually ~3-4m across, I'd say. If it wasn't in a rush it could easily take that long to cross.

2. He won't have tried to identify it for definite because police officers are taught that the mind can easily play tricks in an unusual event (especially colours being mixed up) so he'll have gone with what he thinks he remembers but won't try to identify from it, knowing it could be wrong. Also, as others have said, maybe he doesn't know how to identify all the species of big cat.