Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Books on ghosts

IdahoGhostHunter

I'm looking for books that focus on one family, or one particular haunting, rather than a bunch of short stories. The books like this that I'm aware of are: In A Dark Place, The Haunted, The Other Side, The Devil in Connecticut, The Amityville Horror, The People In The Attic, Night Stalks The Mansion, The Most Haunted House In England, The Black Hope Horror, The Ghost That Haunted Itself, The Ghost Of Flight 401, Possessed, Satan's Harvest, and The Demon Syndrome. Is there any that I missed out on? I'd really appreciate any responses. Thank you.

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• SunnyiX

• Lethe

• IdahoGhostHunter

• Oubli

I found an interesting and recent one ' The Enigma of Borely Rectory ' which, whether any-one believes in the hype surrounding the house, or not, was an informative read, imho. This House is Haunted, was also interesting, but I haven't read it for years.

• 1 year later...

Night Stalks the Mansion was one of my more favorite books in this category.

My father was a pilot and I often heard many tales of the Ghost of Flight 401; although, I could never get through the book. I usually read it when I was having a hard time drifting off.....

Try Oveshadows, An Investigation inot a Terrifying Canadian Haunting. t was pretty good. I slept with a night light a few times.

Grave's End was also VERY good. My sister borrowed that one and still refuses to read it.

The Dead Won't Hurt You, or Will They? Is pretty good; although, I find the main subject in this book a little over-zealous.

Don't Call them Ghosts is another good one. I have another one, can't remember the name. If I think of it, I will post. It is about a couple who buy a "haunted" house, but it actually has positive things in it, very sweet ending.

Try Amazon.com and put what type of book you are looking for, they will give you lot's of suggestions.

• 1 year later...
I'm looking for books that focus on one family, or one particular haunting, rather than a bunch of short stories. The books like this that I'm aware of are: In A Dark Place, The Haunted, The Other Side, The Devil in Connecticut, The Amityville Horror, The People In The Attic, Night Stalks The Mansion, The Most Haunted House In England, The Black Hope Horror, The Ghost That Haunted Itself, The Ghost Of Flight 401, Possessed, Satan's Harvest, and The Demon Syndrome. Is there any that I missed out on? I'd really appreciate any responses. Thank you.

• 1 month later...

;)

Grave's End is a good book.

Your list is quite good. Here are a few more for you.

1. A Guide To The Haunted Queen Mary

2. Haunted Catalina: A History Of The Island And Guide To Paranormal Activity

3. The Haunted Alamo: A History Of The Mission And Guide To Paranormal Activity

4. The Haunted Whaley House: A History And Guide To The Most Haunted House In America

5. Haunted Alcatraz: A History Of The La Isla De Los Alcatraces And Guide To Paranormal Activety

All by Robert James Wlodarski and his wife Ane Powell Wlodarski

Hope this helps you out