Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Great Pyramid has two secret chambers

Still Waters

A French architect campaigning for a new exploration of the 4,500-year-old Great Pyramid of Giza said on Thursday that the edifice may contain two chambers housing funereal furniture.

Jean-Pierre Houdin -- who was rebuffed three years ago by Egypt in his appeal for a probe into how the Pyramid was built -- said 3-D simulation and data from a US egyptologist, Bob Brier, pointed to two secret chambers in the heart of the structure.

The rooms would have housed furniture for use in the afterlife by the pharaoh Khufu, also known as Cheops in Greek, he told a press conference.

"I am convinced there are antechambers in this pyramid.What I want is to find them," he said.

In March 2007, Houdin advanced the theory that the Great Pyramid had been built inside-out using an internal spiral ramp, as opposed to an external ramp as had long been suggested.

He proposed mounting a joint expedition of Egyptian antiquities experts and French engineers, using infrared, radar and other non-invasive methods to check out the hypothesis.

The idea was nixed by Egypt's antiquities department. A Canadian team from Laval University in Quebec will seek permission this year to carry out thermal imaging from outside the Pyramid to explore the theory, Houdin said.

arrow3.gifRead more...

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• TheSearcher

• tipotep

• DieChecker

• Still Waters

Nothing really new there, Houdin has been saying pretty much the same for quite a while. But seeing the political situation in Egypt, I don't see any expedition happening any time soon. This said it would be nice to see if he can find any proof other than theories and 3D models.

Edited by TheSearcher

oh just go in there and find out...geez talk talk talk. it's the same with the sphinx. just go find out or don't, but geez do something other than talk.

It takes sometime for things to happen, one just can't waltz into pyramid and look around! There are laws and prtocal. I can't wait until someone has resaults though. That shell be a grand thing to see indeed!

The American Army has the technology to view through solid stone and metal objects, surely they can lend the technology to some American Scientists so they can see what secret chambers there really is and end this stupid nonsense

The American Army has the technology to view through solid stone and metal objects, surely they can lend the technology to some American Scientists so they can see what secret chambers there really is and end this stupid nonsense

I totally agree and I myself have thought the same thing several times,,,

or they don't want to spoil their fun of the game,,, :P

I'm just surprise there still so many undiscovered secrets about the Great Pyramids. Hopefully all the red tape will be cleared in the near future so expeditions can finally move forward.

I agree with TheSearcher, it is going to be a long while before anyone is digging anywhere in Egypt again. We'll be lucky if the country is not closed off to the West after the change of power there.

I think that there could be other chambers in the pyramid, but it seems most likely that if they were there there would be traces left by the tomb robbers, like there is in the other chambers.

When Marduck (planet-x) arrives in 2012, I will ask the ancients about the whole thing. They had to be hiding some gear somewhere.

oh just go in there and find out...geez talk talk talk. it's the same with the sphinx. just go find out or don't, but geez do something other than talk.

there is a new Sphinx at the door his name is now hawass and he also asks one question: are you gonna live me all glory for the discovery? If the answer is no, then there are no permit to search :D

there is a new Sphinx at the door his name is now hawass and he also asks one question: are you gonna live me all glory for the discovery? If the answer is no, then there are no permit to search :D

Good one that. Although, said sphinx is probably accompanied by soldiers now.

And that's another thing......if aliens did help build the pyramids you'd have thought they'd have put a few windows in it, & perhaps a bit of steelwork here & there.

"...you put your weeeeed in there..."

Well what is the hold up? Lets get those rooms found,for they hold the keys to the Universe!

Well what is the hold up? Lets get those rooms found,for they hold the keys to the Universe!

Well... currently they're being held up by a minor revolution in the country.

Just small. Five or so people.

:rolleyes:

• 3 weeks later...

what about the chamber located at the front on the sphinx, between the legs. no one ever seems to wonder about that one. said to be a library.

what about the chamber located at the front on the sphinx, between the legs. no one ever seems to wonder about that one. said to be a library.

It would be interesting to know where this tale came from ? I know they have found pockets in the limestone but where did the " library of alexandria " part come into it ?

TiP

Here's a good link about said chamber. There are passages and cavities know to our "friend" Zahi Hawass even, as shown here. It's not a real mystery to be honest, it's just something many people are not aware off.

It would be interesting to know where this tale came from ? I know they have found pockets in the limestone but where did the " library of alexandria " part come into it ?

TiP

According to my first link, the cavity idea would have started with Pliny, in his Natural History. It's Edgar Cayce that popularized it and the library idea is also his.

Edit for typo.

Edited by TheSearcher

Here's a good link about said chamber. There are passages and cavities know to our "friend" Zahi Hawass even, as shown here. It's not a real mystery to be honest, it's just something many people are not aware off.

According to my first link, the cavity idea would have started with Pliny, in his Natural History. It's Edgar Cayce that popularized it and the library idea is also his.

Edit for typo.

Thanks Searcher ! :)

Edgar Cayce hey meh :wacko:

TiP

Edited by tipotep

Thanks Searcher ! :)

Edgar Cayce hey meh :wacko:

TiP

I know, as soon as it says that name, it all becomes "meh!" to me.

• 2 weeks later...

They have already investigated that. And found nothing. My link

They have already investigated that. And found nothing. My link

If memory serves only eight holes were drilled. Hitting a chamber

or passage would be highly improbable and angling the bore would have

little impact on the probability.