Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Hadron Collider will run in 2012

Still Waters

The Large Hadron Collider (LHC) is to continue operating in 2012 after officials dropped plans for an extended shut down at the end of this year.

The decision by managers at Cern - the organisation that runs the LHC - was announced in an advisory report.

The machine's advisory committee says the LHC's experiments stand a good chance of finding new physics in the next two years.

The LHC is housed in a 27km-long tunnel under the French-Swiss border.

Most of the time, it smashes together proton particles travelling at close to the speed of light in a bid to uncover secrets of the Universe.

arrow3.gifRead more...

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Paracelse

• Kitana2010

• tipotep

• Prab

Nah. I believe in the 2012 prophecy, but not that the end results will be an apocolypse. Anyone who takes the time to read the facts behind the mayan calender will come to find Dec 21st 2012 is actually the start of a NEW calender, not the end of days. Its a cycle.

In fact, what I read said that the mayans believed that date to be very signifant in the fact something GOOD will happen. Perople will gain a new perspective on life, and the universe.

Maybe the LHC is destined to find the god particle, evidence of a parallel universe, new technology to seek alien life.. who knows.

We're at a turning point in our technology. We can't go much further without someone making a new breakthrough, and it looks as tho the LHC is about to do just that.

thats my point of view anyway.

Hmmmmm....connection here? I agree, you have to believe* something good will come about. If there is Millions of people all sitting around Dec. 21,2012, in absolute fear, then that much negativity will possibly have an effect on the "moment". Think positive! Be positive !

@Kitana2010 I like the way you think. Kudos to you! @LOOKIN-UP-@ Always thinking positive :)

Mhh the Higgs Particle gotta love the idea. Yeah they postpone the shutdown til 2012 maybe they believe as well that something will happen. Yes the Mayans are very interesting to read up on. It's suppose to be the end of a cycle and the start of a new one but the end and starting point happen to line us up with the center of our universe. (could be possible that something will happen because of that) But i really like the theories on what could happen if we find the Higgs Particle. The possibility of creating a black hole which is a scary thought but then they think it could open up a worm hole or even be a set marker to time travel. :) now that would be very interesting if shortly after they find the Higgs particle and a time machine pops up. I bet they would crap themselves lol.

Einstein said, "A little knowlege is dangerous. So is a lot."

Didn't know the Maya ever heard of Swiss-French Alps before? Nowhere in the article anyone mention prophecies? Unless there are some subliminal messages in the text to which I'm impervious.. :D

hmm it's us who make the future i see they are trying to change the prophecy but it's better to be alert right

@ Paracelse

lol, no the article doesn't mention anything about prophecy, but boring articles need to be spiced up occasionally :P I wasn't going to comment until I saw the 1st poster. Kinda got off topic from there. haha.

either way, I think its awesome they are leaving the LHC running. Lets hope for some BIG news soon!

Looking forward to more updates on the HCS - i trully believe that its our best chance of making a special discovery that could change the world - lets just hope its for the good - and not a monster black hole :ph34r:

TiP.

@ Paracelse

lol, no the article doesn't mention anything about prophecy, but boring articles need to be spiced up occasionally :P I wasn't going to comment until I saw the 1st poster. Kinda got off topic from there. haha.

either way, I think its awesome they are leaving the LHC running. Lets hope for some BIG news soon!

Maybe it will be the last news we hear Kitana, when we know who turned it on ..

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/science/science-news/4687152/Tom-Hanks-to-switch-on-repaired-Large-Hadron-Collider.html

Nah. I believe in the 2012 prophecy, but not that the end results will be an apocolypse. Anyone who takes the time to read the facts behind the mayan calender will come to find Dec 21st 2012 is actually the start of a NEW calender, not the end of days. Its a cycle.

In fact, what I read said that the mayans believed that date to be very signifant in the fact something GOOD will happen. Perople will gain a new perspective on life, and the universe.

Maybe the LHC is destined to find the god particle, evidence of a parallel universe, new technology to seek alien life.. who knows.

We're at a turning point in our technology. We can't go much further without someone making a new breakthrough, and it looks as tho the LHC is about to do just that.

thats my point of view anyway.

Totally agreed and what I am wondering that what was the LHC doing for such a long time? they must have found something that they are not telling.