Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Statue of Virgin Mary seen cryng (video)

Still Waters

Some are calling it a miracle.

There is a statue of the Virgin Mary that appears to be crying tears inside a Reading shop.

In the back of the small shop is a statue of Mother Mary. It looks like she is weeping and there are two teardrops on her face.

The statue of Mother Mary crying inside Our Lady Queen of Reading religious lending library is bringing tears to some visitors' eyes.

"I believe it's true. They were there. I saw them. It's true. I would imagine it's a miracle," said one visitor from Amberley Village.

WCPO cameras were not allowed inside, but visitors snapped photos of the Virgin Mary.

There are two tear drops on her face, one rests on her chin, the other on her cheek.

There is another statue of Jesus sitting at the top of the stairs with tears falling from its eyes.

arrow3.gifRead more...

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• JGirl

• Robbie333

• Lucky7

• d e v i c e

but the tears are not actually coming out of the statue eyes. they are just onthe faces. show me video of the tears leaving the eyes of these statues and dripping down, and we'll have something to talk about.

i also think it's suspicious that believers can take photos but no news cameras are allowed.

hmmm

but the tears are not actually coming out of the statue eyes. they are just onthe faces. show me video of the tears leaving the eyes of these statues and dripping down, and we'll have something to talk about.

i also think it's suspicious that believers can take photos but no news cameras are allowed.

hmmm

I don't quite buy it either.

I don't quite buy it either.

If its real and Virgin Mary is crying it would scare me something bad was going to happen.

Has anyone heard of any other statues that cry or is it always Mary and Jesus ?

I remember some statues in India that seemed to drink milk.

There is a special statue of Mary made from rosewood that is known to 'cry'. This stuff has been debunked in the past. The church will sometimes do this in order for people to confirm their faith. People find comfort in it...no harm, no foul.

Why do these statues always cry? I know that sometimes they show signs of the stigmata, but come on now, that's just creepy. Why don't they point and laugh or something? You know what I think? Photoshop. There, I've said it and I can't take it back!:devil:

Im not sure Ive heard of these statues crying regular tears before, isn't it usually tears of blood or something?

Oh People.... if only it were true! But it's probably not.

Wonderful and beautiful is all I will say.--Robbie

As a general rule I usually don't believe in this kind of thing and believe it can generally be attributed to a natural occurance or hoax. But whatever it is the really cool thing was how it made the people who saw it feel. It made me happy just listening to thier reaction. Making people feel good just can't be wrong.

Edited by OverSword

It's a religious thing. If my teddy bear started crying, what should I think? Just because the status is of a religious icon, it means something? Guess you have to believe in the people first.

As a general rule I usually don't believe in this kind of thing and believe it can generally be attributed to a natural occurance or hoax. But whatever it is the really cool thing was how it made the people who saw it feel. It made me happy just listening to thier reaction. Making people feel good just can't be wrong.

i've heard this expressed by others, and i just don't get how it's a good thing for someone to be so deluded?

Looks like a publicity stunt to me. I mean, only still photos were presented during the news story and not an actual video submission. It's not hard to fake this.

Looks like a publicity stunt to me. I mean, only still photos were presented during the news story and not an actual video submission. It's not hard to fake this.

and the owners said they wanted to keep it on the DL because they feared it would stop crying....or maybe because they knew they were faking it and didn't want anyone to actually figure that out :hmm:

and the owners said they wanted to keep it on the DL because they feared it would stop crying....or maybe because they knew they were faking it and didn't want anyone to actually figure that out :hmm:

No it is said that is what the owners said. The owners never made a comment. And what a way to play innocent as weell, if I faked something the first thing I would say to my believers is I am trying to keep this quite so a crowd doesn't form. All part of the stunt to make it seem more real.

There is a special statue of Mary made from rosewood that is known to 'cry'. This stuff has been debunked in the past. The church will sometimes do this in order for people to confirm their faith. People find comfort in it...no harm, no foul.

Is there any substantiation for this, SevenofSeven? No harm, no foul? Cobblers! Preying on people, or leading them towards something with falsification (which it is, as surely the collection boxes swell at times like these?) must be questionable, if it's staged, as you suggest? :hmm:

Any statue that cries in a steady flow should have the head part removed, and if no hoses are found than it is indeed a miracle, if they say no than it's a fake. I don't care if it's thousands of years old, we can glue the head together and slap it back on. Crying statues are fake unless proven real.