Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Those Who've Seen the Hatman/Shadow People

Lucky7

Think about it, all he has to do is make it look like in my eyes that my better half is the entity and here I am thinking, ok its time to get rid of this thing once and for all. Well.. you can see where I am coming from.

WOW... Good point, scary thought.

I had never connected it to nightmares, but now that I think about it I had a nightmare around the time I saw the cloaked figure that I can not get out of my head. I had never had dreams like this and for a while I had them, it was dreams of being pursued. The one I can't forget was me running trough the city, like someone was chasing me, it was a car; and I was barefoot running through dark allies in between really tall buildings. I got to this one building that had windows where I could see inside and I could see people in there, and I would bang on the windows and ask for help, but they wouldn't let me in, they would stare at me in fear. As I was banging on the window I looked towards the end of the alley and I saw the car drive past the alley on the road, they were looking for me so I turned and ran the other way. I could feel my feet aching from running on pavement and glass, I could hear my breath as I ran, it just kept going and going until I was trapped in an alley. I woke up breathing really hard and reaching for my feet. Whoever said it was like a horror movie is right on, that's exactly what it felt like. It was so strange because it was a looping nightmare like it was described... It kept going and going, I didn't realize I was dreaming until I woke up because I was trapped and couldn't go anywhere. I have never forgotten it because it felt SOOO real, like I was going to die. I cried when I woke up, my boyfriend couldn't understand why a nightmare would make me cry, but it was terrible, like I had really just been chased all over town.

There is another nightmare I had in my teens that horrified me, it was around the beginning of my SP. I dreamed that I was walking out of my house, and there was all these dead cats, like a line of them with their throats slit it was like a trail, and I started crying and covering my mouth I couldn't understand... My moms cat was dead, and my neighbors cats were dead, and I just followed the trail horrified. When I got to the gate my dad was holding my cat and he had a knife he was about to slit his throat, he had this horrible evil look on his face he was smiling really big in a very disturbing way. I began screaming and woke up. It was terrible, that time I also woke up crying. It scares me to this day!!

If these things can cause those dreams, they really know where to hit you because I loved all of those cats and it showed them to me dying.... in a very gruesome way. I won't even get in to the other one, it's terrible any way you put it, I felt like prey.

Its been a year and it never came back.

Thats the thing though, I honestly do not believe you can actually kill it. This Entity or shadow ghost or hat man or what ever we label it is not really alive and its not really dead. We really don't know what it is. If we strangle it does that mean it needs oxygen to live? I hardly doubt it.

And yes I am very aware of the dangers it can do. Back in 2008 we were sleeping in bed one night and everything was fine. No dreams or no visits for quite some time. I awoke at 6:00am with two police officers here at my bedroom door. I had no idea what was going on but I was handcuffed and brought to the police station, where I was in custody for about 23 days and almost deported. What happened? From what she told me was that during the last stages of night I suddenly kicked her off the bed with such force that she hit the wall and I got up and grabbed her and started to strangle her, she said my face was not my own and my eyes were of another person, that I had such energy that it seemed like it was ten men on her. Our oldest daughter, who has since moved out and starting her own life now used her cell phone to call the cops from the other room since she heard what was happening. She then said I simply stopped and climbed back into bed and then thats where I recall what happened, the two cops opened the door some ten minutes later and they walked me down the stairs and into the car, i didnt even have my glasses on or any shoes.

So yes, I do understand the dangers of this, he is a trickster, just evil.

I don't share this story to anyone, for its something that truly terrifies me that this happened. But I feel I can say it here to give you some insight of how evil this guy can be.

And trust me, its true. I wouldnt want to make this up.

To this day I have no memory of it, all I know is she told me that it wasnt me that did this.

Edited by Tom B

Those who disregard their senses and refuse to believe that it was real, just put their lives in danger. What kind of shadow person have you seen? I mean what did it look like?

well the very first time i saw it, it was almost formless... a thick bluishblack cloud. it was directly over me, almost floating 2 ft over my bed. as i woke up, it slowly (then rapidly) jetted to the foot of the bed. I tried to kick it so hard that i kicked all the sheets off the bed. It shook me up, but I eventually dismissed that one as maybe just having my nightmare carry over into consciousness. It wasn't til the next time I saw it that I was dead certain of its existence .... I woke up from a dream while I was kicking out (I actually kicked my girlfriend) ... she kinda moaned so I started to apologize to her, when I noticed a figure standing over the bed. I looked up and this thing was looking dead into my face .... it was dark in the room, and this thing was even darker, but it was pretty short (I would say not much taller than 5'4) and had a beard. The eyes were completely black (and probably the scariest feature, as they were fixed directly on mine). I started to feel terror rise up in my chest, so I started attempting to wake my lady (saying "there's something in the room)" ... as I was doing that, the thing slowly backed away and moved across the room, watching me the whole time as it disappeared into the shadows of the closet. I was completely shocked, as I've always believed in ghosts, but I've always felt their presence, and never actually thought I would SEE one with my own eyes. I don't know if its a ghost or not, but it obviously wasn't human (although it appeared to be). I wonder if these are creations of an individual's consciousness, or if they exist outside of that realm and just decide to interact with certain people? Because like I said before ... my girl was never affected by this thing, and the time she was awake and it was in the room, it appeared that she was unable to see it...

Thats the thing though, I honestly do not believe you can actually kill it. This Entity or shadow ghost or hat man or what ever we label it is not really alive and its not really dead. We really don't know what it is. If we strangle it does that mean it needs oxygen to live? I hardly doubt it.

And yes I am very aware of the dangers it can do. Back in 2008 we were sleeping in bed one night and everything was fine. No dreams or no visits for quite some time. I awoke at 6:00am with two police officers here at my bedroom door. I had no idea what was going on but I was handcuffed and brought to the police station, where I was in custody for about 23 days and almost deported. What happened? From what she told me was that during the last stages of night I suddenly kicked her off the bed with such force that she hit the wall and I got up and grabbed her and started to strangle her, she said my face was not my own and my eyes were of another person, that I had such energy that it seemed like it was ten men on her. Our oldest daughter, who has since moved out and starting her own life now used her cell phone to call the cops from the other room since she heard what was happening. She then said I simply stopped and climbed back into bed and then thats where I recall what happened, the two cops opened the door some ten minutes later and they walked me down the stairs and into the car, i didnt even have my glasses on or any shoes.

So yes, I do understand the dangers of this, he is a trickster, just evil.

I don't share this story to anyone, for its something that truly terrifies me that this happened. But I feel I can say it here to give you some insight of how evil this guy can be.

And trust me, its true. I wouldnt want to make this up.

To this day I have no memory of it, all I know is she told me that it wasnt me that did this.

I totally believe you. I know so many cases like these. That's what I am talking about. This creature can make you voilent even if you are not voilent. Wouldn't it be better if you confronted this creature instead of having that voilent episode with your girlfriend? You ended up being voilent anyway.

But how can you claim that the creature is not really alive? It is just your personal belief? This creature is an animal, a living one. When you wake up it runs back scared into darknesss? What is it afraid of if it is not alive? What is it afraid of losing? It runs in self-defense, of course. It is an alive creature but only with a difference that it has both physical/tangible and astral aspects to it. When it is in tangible state you can literally kill it. I am not the only one who has succeeded after physically confronting it, there are many others. Some fought with it in the physical dimesion hurting it/klling it and some did it in astral projections. I have confronted it in physical dimesion, it struggled with pain, ran away scared. If you do not want to physically confront it, it is your own choice but please do not disregard what others have seen with their own eyes. This is becoming a debate now. I am not here to debate with anyone. If you do not want to confront it, it is your choice. No one will judge you on that. You can do whatever you want.

well the very first time i saw it, it was almost formless... a thick bluishblack cloud. it was directly over me, almost floating 2 ft over my bed. as i woke up, it slowly (then rapidly) jetted to the foot of the bed. I tried to kick it so hard that i kicked all the sheets off the bed. It shook me up, but I eventually dismissed that one as maybe just having my nightmare carry over into consciousness. It wasn't til the next time I saw it that I was dead certain of its existence .... I woke up from a dream while I was kicking out (I actually kicked my girlfriend) ... she kinda moaned so I started to apologize to her, when I noticed a figure standing over the bed. I looked up and this thing was looking dead into my face .... it was dark in the room, and this thing was even darker, but it was pretty short (I would say not much taller than 5'4) and had a beard. The eyes were completely black (and probably the scariest feature, as they were fixed directly on mine). I started to feel terror rise up in my chest, so I started attempting to wake my lady (saying "there's something in the room)" ... as I was doing that, the thing slowly backed away and moved across the room, watching me the whole time as it disappeared into the shadows of the closet. I was completely shocked, as I've always believed in ghosts, but I've always felt their presence, and never actually thought I would SEE one with my own eyes. I don't know if its a ghost or not, but it obviously wasn't human (although it appeared to be). I wonder if these are creations of an individual's consciousness, or if they exist outside of that realm and just decide to interact with certain people? Because like I said before ... my girl was never affected by this thing, and the time she was awake and it was in the room, it appeared that she was unable to see it...

I meant to ask, was it wearing a hat or a hooded cloak?

This is not a creation of your conciousness. How come so many people see the figure with similar characteristics irrespective of their cultural background. It is real. It is there alive hunting people who he sees dangerous to his clan. Your girlfriend may not have that high level of perception so is unable to see it.

Edited by angela_sb

I totally believe you. I know so many cases like these. That's what I am talking about. This creature can make you voilent even if you are not voilent. Wouldn't it be better if you confronted this creature instead of having that voilent episode with your girlfriend? You ended up being voilent anyway.

But how can you claim that the creature is not really alive? It is just your personal belief? This creature is an animal, a living one. When you wake up it runs back scared into darknesss? What is it afraid of if it is not alive? What is it afraid of losing? It runs in self-defense, of course. It is an alive creature but only with a difference that it has both physical/tangible and astral aspects to it. When it is in tangible state you can literally kill it. I am not the only one who has succeeded after physically confronting it, there are many others. Some fought with it in the physical dimesion hurting it/klling it and some did it in astral projections. I have confronted it in physical dimesion, it struggled with pain, ran away scared. If you do not want to physically confront it, it is your own choice but please do not disregard what others have seen with their own eyes. This is becoming a debate now. I am not here to debate with anyone. If you do not want to confront it, it is your choice. No one will judge you on that. You can do whatever you want.

Wasnt trying to debate with you, these are just my beliefs as to what this demon is, and yes I do believe he is a demon of some sort. I think this is a wonderful thread thats actually helping people as it seems that we got lucky with who is adding to it, the dreams everyone is having is a big thing here, thats something of importance. I'm very happy that we are all adding to this thread and wanna thank Sevenofseven for starting this topic.

I meant to ask, was it wearing a hat or a hooded cloak?

This is not a creation of your conciousness? How come so many people see the figure with similar characteristics irrespective of their cultural background. It is real. It is there alive hunting people who he sees dangerous to his clan. Your girlfriend may not have that high level of perception so is unable to see it.

no cloak or hat .... just a beard. and yes, i do believe that my girlfriend simply does not have the power to perceive the thing. You say its hunting people who it finds to be dangerous? Is this what you believe the thing to be doing?

Wasnt trying to debate with you, these are just my beliefs as to what this demon is, and yes I do believe he is a demon of some sort. I think this is a wonderful thread thats actually helping people as it seems that we got lucky with who is adding to it, the dreams everyone is having is a big thing here, thats something of importance. I'm very happy that we are all adding to this thread and wanna thank Sevenofseven for starting this topic.

Yes, this thread can really benefit the readers. we should keep it alive to help other victims.

Edited by angela_sb

To be honest, I probably would've never known that this happens to other folks if I hadn't tried to look it up online. Imagine where stuff like this would end up with no internet...

• Like 1

That's what I think... If it is a living creature we have no idea how it survives or what it needs to survive. It may not breathe at all, it may use air to expand or contract itself but that doesn't mean it needs it to survive. It may easily dissipate, when you reach for it. If it were physical I envision it like some form of ocean life(even tho it's not in the ocean)... Let me explain, like plankton, you don't see them but they are there like a cloud in the water... it is like a cloud in our air, it may gather it's cell contracting them to the point where we can see it, and then easily spread out again. I know this is way out there but just try to follow envision it like a sponge sucking in particles then releasing them again, what you are actually seeing is particles being contracted not a thing at all. It's as if this creature is using some sort of camouflage that shows you things you fear. Hatman, hooded figures, animals, dark blobs. It's like something using our atmosphere or air to manifest. It would explain why so many people see hatman, these creatures know it frightens us, so they keep using it. I'm sorry if that is too out there, I try to find scientific explanations of some sort, try to find how it would be physically possible for something like this to change shapes or appear and disappear.

Then again it may not be a physical or a living creature at all,it may be a spirit, it may be some sort of psychological manifestation. I know there was dark things in my life I'd rather forget... We all have them, what if it's our own way to manifest our own darkness, things we want to forget. It may be things we want to leave behind so every now and then they manifest and spook us, some sort of psychological self punishment. Either way we have to learn to defeat them.

When I saw the hooded figure I did not back down. I was telling it to leave, I stood my ground and stared at it, it wouldn't budge or leave it seem to get stronger but the my friend started praying and it just vanished. All of a sudden it was gone, and there was a rush of air in the house. There was 3 people in the room at the time, since then nothing has happened, it was gone. That was the only time I ever saw it.

I feel left out ... as far as the dreams go. My dreams are screwed up, dont get me wrong yet to say that I have ever had but a few nightmares is fact. I have always been a happy go lucky person ... who suffers only from watching the suffering of others. Which may have a deal with this. I have also been reading too much of sleep paralysis. I once upon a time believed I was half asleep then on a couple of occassions I knew I was not. For one you cant do homework while running to the bathroom with a stomach virus and even think about sleep ... Mr. Hat was there the last time I came from the bathroom and grabbed my blanket.

Also there are the bogcreepers near the Cherokee burial grounds besides the river here. Locals there have seen many SP's while driving around that bend.

I still see this as many of a kind being able to tune into these SP's. Like a radio, yet some people do not get FM. SP's associated with people, SP's associated with places.

I do agree though ... if I was not one "even though I have not seen one in 7 years" I would read this site and believe you, we, I are all nuts. That have cracked, :lol:

Yet if I am to believe myself I have to at least give the benifit of the doubt to others here. A hypocrite I am not.

Hi. I've never had anything like this happen to me. I've never even seen or looked for a ghost or activity etc.

About a year ago I started seeing the Hat Man in the middle of the night (at the time I didn't know it WAS the hat man, or know OF him), about 3-5 nights a week. His presence startled me awake, and then I saw him either in the corner of my room or against a wall. I always yelled out at him, the first few times actually thinking he was a real man in my room "WHO ARE YOU, OMG WHAT DO YOU WANT!!?". I started grasping it was not an actual physical man in my room obviously, and would simply scream out when I saw the figure.

Three months ago he became braver. Now he wakes me half the time stadning right above me, or swoops down towards my face from the ceiling. I am always frozen in absolute fear and always yell out. Sometimes he moves his arms out acting like he will grab me or choke me. Its become terrible. I literally have to take some benardry to sleep thgouh the night without him disturbing me and have been telling friends I had a ghost following me.

Then I started googling to see if anyone had similar experiences, and found the hat man. FIT MY SHADOW FIGURE TO A "T". I was absolutely floored. I read that theories assume the Hat Man feeds off of your fear, almost like his sick version of entertainment. The last week I tried several times to control my emotion when I saw him- to no avail.

Last night I did it. He scared me awake , and was moving towards me as if he wanted to grab me again. And suddenly I thought YOU NEED TO TELL HIM YOU AREN't AFRAID, TO GO AWAY. And AT THAT EXACT MOMENT, I mean the second I thought this too myself, the shadow man CHANGED. I have never seen him do this, but he shifted his shape into a grey and black wolf figure, still flying towards my face. And for a brief second stared at me, with tears rolling down his nose. This happened all extremely quick, the whole episode in 5 seconds. But it all makes sense now. Wolves represent steadfastidness and fearlessness. When I felt I needed to show no fear he turned into the wolf because he understood what I was trying to say, and then cried because I was taking away what he wanted- my fear and anxiousness, being scared and screaming.

I am not as afraid today. Because I know I have power to enable Hat Man's reaction. I am going to try to do the same thing if he comes back tonight or tomorrow. It is very hard to do in that moment of fear, but if he comes back tonight I am ready. I can't believe this has happened to me, and one day would love to know why he picked me.

To be honest, I probably would've never known that this happens to other folks if I hadn't tried to look it up online. Imagine where stuff like this would end up with no internet...

There are many books and historical documents with SP's included. Watched a show on the history channel once and who showed up??? Mr. Hat ... what coincidence!!!

SP's have been seen throughout history, throughout the world. Yet the internet age has made "it" a much bigger deal. Without the net ... many would believe they are crazy and nobody else has seen what they have.

no cloak or hat .... just a beard. and yes, i do believe that my girlfriend simply does not have the power to perceive the thing. You say its hunting people who it finds to be dangerous? Is this what you believe the thing to be doing?

I am not the only one who believes this. I have enough evidence to prove that this should be the most probable reason for its attacks on selected individuals.

I cannot go in all the details right now but I will try to explain this to you.

These are intelligent species that have been living among us for thousands of years. Owing to their lesser physical strength they use this camouflage of shadows(please read all my previous posts in this thread to know their capabilites and weaknesses). If discovered, humans (you know how we are) can bring an end to their race. They cannot afford being discovered. They know this pretty well. They should be thanking skeptics for this. But there are some individuals among humans who have this higher sense of percieving the paranormal. These individuals can see many hidden entities. This worries them because these individuals can become a cause of their annihilation. Therefore their clans send these delegates (hatman/hooded-figures) to kill these individuals. These are like professional men in uniform working for their species. They try to kill the victim or hurt him or scare him so that he does not pose any danger to their race in the future. They seem to appear only to individuals with previous paranormal experiences, or those who delve into paranormal studies. I have discussed this earlier. Please read that.

The nightmares that they give off is just horrific. Things that a normal person can never dream up. In my case the dreams are always of death and destruction around me, the one thing that is truly terrifying to me since I value human life so sacred. It knows this and wow.. really just unleashes chaos. So sadistic. When these dreams are over I feel so drained. I feel that these creatures sorta feed off of that, like drinking it from a cup. They feed off of that energy and I would assume it makes them stronger.

Its funny because sometimes I tell my better half what happens in these dreams and she's like.. wow, that would make a good horror movie. :D

There are ways to control your own dreams and what happens in them and how you react in them. You are the master of your dreams. It does take some practice, but you can take control in your dream world. I've done it. If I can do it, you can do it.

@Tom B - I think that they breath oxygen. My reason for believing this is because it is documented that they are made from 'smokeless fire'. Much is written about them in the Koran and they are well known in the Middle East. What feeds fire? oxygen. This is my theory from my research.

Hi. I've never had anything like this happen to me. I've never even seen or looked for a ghost or activity etc.

About a year ago I started seeing the Hat Man in the middle of the night (at the time I didn't know it WAS the hat man, or know OF him), about 3-5 nights a week. His presence startled me awake, and then I saw him either in the corner of my room or against a wall. I always yelled out at him, the first few times actually thinking he was a real man in my room "WHO ARE YOU, OMG WHAT DO YOU WANT!!?". I started grasping it was not an actual physical man in my room obviously, and would simply scream out when I saw the figure.

Three months ago he became braver. Now he wakes me half the time stadning right above me, or swoops down towards my face from the ceiling. I am always frozen in absolute fear and always yell out. Sometimes he moves his arms out acting like he will grab me or choke me. Its become terrible. I literally have to take some benardry to sleep thgouh the night without him disturbing me and have been telling friends I had a ghost following me.

Then I started googling to see if anyone had similar experiences, and found the hat man. FIT MY SHADOW FIGURE TO A "T". I was absolutely floored. I read that theories assume the Hat Man feeds off of your fear, almost like his sick version of entertainment. The last week I tried several times to control my emotion when I saw him- to no avail.

Last night I did it. He scared me awake , and was moving towards me as if he wanted to grab me again. And suddenly I thought YOU NEED TO TELL HIM YOU AREN't AFRAID, TO GO AWAY. And AT THAT EXACT MOMENT, I mean the second I thought this too myself, the shadow man CHANGED. I have never seen him do this, but he shifted his shape into a grey and black wolf figure, still flying towards my face. And for a brief second stared at me, with tears rolling down his nose. This happened all extremely quick, the whole episode in 5 seconds. But it all makes sense now. Wolves represent steadfastidness and fearlessness. When I felt I needed to show no fear he turned into the wolf because he understood what I was trying to say, and then cried because I was taking away what he wanted- my fear and anxiousness, being scared and screaming.

I am not as afraid today. Because I know I have power to enable Hat Man's reaction. I am going to try to do the same thing if he comes back tonight or tomorrow. It is very hard to do in that moment of fear, but if he comes back tonight I am ready. I can't believe this has happened to me, and one day would love to know why he picked me.

Well Done Ryann! Once you show that you have no fear, they will leave.

Well Done Ryann! Once you show that you have no fear, they will leave.

Hmmm ... granted I did sleep with my TV on for quite a few years yet it I enjoyed even though my last experience was years ago my last two eye to "whats" with SP's. I still fear them, yet I look forwards to seeing one again. To look at it straight and not flinch as with my last experience.

Maybe that is the biggest reason I have not seen one in awhile. I stopped emotionally fearing them and became one that was more intrigued and wanted to know more about them.

QUESTION ... how many stopped seeing them after they defeated their fear??? Quality question.

Edited by Ignus Fatuus

I would like to ask if people can describe how it felt when you were touched by the shadow person?

I can describe mine as it felt like a ice cold, fuzzy, electric feeling that say if it touched your back your back would cave in and give you spasms around the area where it touched you.

I haven't really seen any description here besides the "he touched me".

Did it feel like a human or how I described my events?

Edited by Tom B

@ Ignus Fatuus - regarding your post. QUESTION ... how many stopped seeing them after they defeated their fear??? Quality question.

I stopped seeing them after confronting them and deciding to no longer fear them.

If these things can cause those dreams, they really know where to hit you because I loved all of those cats and it showed them to me dying.... in a very gruesome way. I won't even get in to the other one, it's terrible any way you put it, I felt like prey.

Yup, totally agree. The dreams are horrible, sadistic and it takes the things you cherish most and finds the most um.. innovative way to have them perish in front of you eyes.

@ Ignus Fatuus - regarding your post. QUESTION ... how many stopped seeing them after they defeated their fear??? Quality question.

I stopped seeing them after confronting them and deciding to no longer fear them.

WOW!!! Same here ... yet I just wanted to understand after the emotions stopped. I figured that asleep in a locked room I would have been a shadow tird if they wanted to harm.

Very interesting!!! Thank you for your reply ... I found it intriging that I have not seen Mr. Hat since I looked at it straight in its whatever.

Its like "hey he/she knows were not a hallucination anymore"!!! "Time to go"!!! :lol:

Edited to ask for others thoughts on this. If enough reply and correlations do come to exist I am going to email Dr. Persinger back and tell him to suck on it!!!! ;)

Edited by Ignus Fatuus

My sister and I both frequently see shadow people around our house, mostly in our front courtyard but occasionally inside. As far as I know, neither of us is going through any emotional turmoil at the moment, but we both did when we were younger (myself especially). I'm talking like 7 and 8 years ago for emotional turmoil that we both experienced (big family problems - and yes, our parents divorced 7 years ago) and then more emotional turmoil for me about 4 years and then again 3 years ago. But we never saw any shadow people then, it has only been since we moved into this house (about 2 and a half years ago). I have actually been quite happy living here and haven't had anything dramatic happen in my life that's been bad. The shadow people themselves don't even scare me, although there is this one that my 2 year old brother has also seen that does seem to make us fairly uneasy - this is a female shadow person, you can tell from her dress and hair. My brother is scared of her and she does make me feel uncomfortable, not scared, but I don't like it when she's there. The other shadow people we see outside aren't scary at all, I hardly give them a second thought - it's just, oh here they are again! Hope this helps!

@Tom B - I think that they breath oxygen. My reason for believing this is because it is documented that they are made from 'smokeless fire'. Much is written about them in the Koran and they are well known in the Middle East. What feeds fire? oxygen. This is my theory from my research.

Great Reasoning! :tu: