Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Those Who've Seen the Hatman/Shadow People

Lucky7

Also, I have been Pagan for about 16 years now and have always been drawn to the Occult and the supernatural. I do some basic ritual work and casting, mainly herbs, candle, and gemstone magic, and I read Tarot cards as well.

I think what we have in common seems to be 1) an interest in the mysteries, or we wouldn't be here and 2) high sensitivity to emotions, feelings, auras, and just prescenses in general. I've read that non-human beings are drawn to empaths, for two reasons 1) they emit a lot of energy and 2) they are easier to make contact with. A history of abuse, depression, etc. seems to be common but not required; the main requirement seems to be, plain and simple, a high amount of empathy.

• Like 1

Another note is that... when in other places, like when I go to my hometown to visit, I don't feel anything; I felt it in the trailer, and now here--but when I travel, I don't feel it.

There is more to this, but I'd rather like to share it when the sun is up. Just thinking about it gives me the creeps.

So here's the rest, and I apologize for posting so many times in a row.

I had a particularly frightening dream about two weeks ago, in which I was sitting in the living room with my grandmother when I spotted a person watching through the window. It had features, and yet it didn't--if that makes any sense? It wasn't wearing anything that I recall, and it had a human coloring at first. I stared at it, and it became more like a shadow. I started screaming for her to call 911, and it grinned at me, this mocking, malicious smile. It felt like pure evil was looking at me, and I got the very distinct impression that it not only wanted to come in, but could come in and intended to. It disappeared, and I had the feeling that it was heading for a door in. When I woke up, I couldn't move at first, and then I felt for the rest of the evening as if I were being watched--with this lingering feeling of evil around.

Two days later my grandma fell down and busted her arm pretty bad, coincidentally.

It's probably just a simple nightmare, but I don't usually dream of things like this even in nightmares, one on one confrontations with creatures like that. I'm known for having more more horrific, grotesque nightmares than this, so it stands out that this would frighten me so much. It's got to be one of the mildest nightmares I've had, and yet the sense of evil and malicious intent was very intense.

I'm going to be safeguarding my house and myself, which I've been neglecting to do as nothing has ever really bothered me before. Provided I'm not just imagining things, I do believe it's here for energy, to feed off of fear; possibly it is dangerous, but I don't know.

I've had my dog for ten years, and I heard her bark in that time frame maybe twice in all the places we've lived. Since we got here, she barks all the time. She stands on the porch and barks at nothing; she barks in the house at nothing and seems anxious. Either she suddenly discovered she had a voice coincidentally, or there's something about this place that makes her anxious.

Also, I have been Pagan for about 16 years now and have always been drawn to the Occult and the supernatural. I do some basic ritual work and casting, mainly herbs, candle, and gemstone magic, and I read Tarot cards as well.

I think what we have in common seems to be 1) an interest in the mysteries, or we wouldn't be here and 2) high sensitivity to emotions, feelings, auras, and just prescenses in general. I've read that non-human beings are drawn to empaths, for two reasons 1) they emit a lot of energy and 2) they are easier to make contact with. A history of abuse, depression, etc. seems to be common but not required; the main requirement seems to be, plain and simple, a high amount of empathy.

Tarot cards are a wealth of occult(secret) information and they do form a connection with something in the subconscious, so be careful to learn and never misuse them.

Also trust your dog and meditate in the direction of its barking to see what you can--Empathy.

I was in the ICU a few weeks ago while an old woman died next to me behind a curtain. She was placed on the respirator, which she always refused when she was conscious, to keep her alive until her family arrived while a young priest sat across from me waiting to give a last prayer. As she lay dying something strange happened: the room darkened as something entered. It was a shadow being, or devil, that had come for her. They all said what a great woman she had been as she was taken into the darkness. I was just thinking Holy Crap! when I heard: "soon it will be your time".

I don't make this stuff up because I know how true it can be.

Believe me, I know. My empathy and my intuition have been heightened since I began using the tarot cards a few years ago. They are definitely honing a connection to my subconscious. When I started reading for others, it was hit or miss. Now my accuracy astounds even me. Besides knowing the meanings, it's like I "hear" what they are saying for the person. What would you consider as misusing them, by the way?

And that is a freaky story. Do you think it just showed up because someone was dying, and she was vulnerable--or that maybe she wasn't such a great person, and it had come to claim her?

I was in the ICU a few weeks ago while an old woman died next to me behind a curtain. She was placed on the respirator, which she always refused when she was conscious, to keep her alive until her family arrived while a young priest sat across from me waiting to give a last prayer. As she lay dying something strange happened: the room darkened as something entered. It was a shadow being, or devil, that had come for her. They all said what a great woman she had been as she was taken into the darkness. I was just thinking Holy Crap! when I heard: "soon it will be your time".

I don't make this stuff up because I know how true it can be.

I'm sure you've read this already during your research when writing your book, but I'm adding this in support of your recent experience for the benefit of the readers: Shadow sightings near death-beds, accident sights, and cemeteries is pretty common. It is so common that based on these sightings near death beds and the carrying of people to "hell" by shadow demons during their NDEs or other occassions, a full-fledged eschatology of eastern religions like Hinduism, Jainism and Indo-Tibetan Buddhism has been formed. Shadow demons are called yamadoot (literal translation: messengers from the lord death (i.e. carriers of the soul to "hell")). Satan has entered in these religions as yamaraja (lord of death). Unlike Christianity, they do not ascribe evil or rebellion of God to Satan and instead believe that he is appointed by higher gods themselves as a keeper of "hell" and he is just doing his job. In this form he is worshipped as one of their dieties along with hundreds of other dieties they have.

So about your book... I have a question: What is it actually about? Is it your autobiography or includes the experiences of other people as well?

Believe me, I know. My empathy and my intuition have been heightened since I began using the tarot cards a few years ago. They are definitely honing a connection to my subconscious. When I started reading for others, it was hit or miss. Now my accuracy astounds even me. Besides knowing the meanings, it's like I "hear" what they are saying for the person. What would you consider as misusing them, by the way?

And that is a freaky story. Do you think it just showed up because someone was dying, and she was vulnerable--or that maybe she wasn't such a great person, and it had come to claim her?

I would consider a misuse of Tarot to be doing it too often for personal reasons. If you play with it you waste it. Like getting addicted to doing it again and again just to "make sure". You probably know this but it's better to take the original meaning and not second guess with further readings. The meaning is also so deep that you could spend a year on one reading just correlating the esoteric symbolism and watching it unfold into the future. The whole deck is a summary of all esoteric philosophy that could be studied for a lifetime. At the same time there is instant intuitive understanding that cannot be taught. So it is a delicate balance or connection that is easily broken if abused.

I'm not going to judge the dead but I think she was partially used to scare me because I was right there as it happened.

I'm sure you've read this already during your research when writing your book, but I'm adding this in support of your recent experience for the benefit of the readers: Shadow sightings near death-beds, accident sights, and cemeteries is pretty common. It is so common that based on these sightings near death beds and the carrying of people to "hell" by shadow demons during their NDEs or other occassions, a full-fledged eschatology of eastern religions like Hinduism, Jainism and Indo-Tibetan Buddhism has been formed. Shadow demons are called yamadoot (literal translation: messengers from the lord death (i.e. carriers of the soul to "hell")). Satan has entered in these religions as yamaraja (lord of death). Unlike Christianity, they do not ascribe evil or rebellion of God to Satan and instead believe that he is appointed by higher gods themselves as a keeper of "hell" and he is just doing his job. In this form he is worshipped as one of their dieties along with hundreds of other dieties they have.

So about your book... I have a question: What is it actually about? Is it your autobiography or includes the experiences of other people as well?

Like the Tibetan Book of the Dead. Here the priest just says some last words then he's done, while the Tibetans keep on guiding the recently departed. So let's say somebody dies and you feel and see the darkness creep in like tentacles until it engulfs the room. What would a Tibetan do as the darkness formed a singular consciousness then spoke? Do they fight or go with it as if it was a journey that had to be completed. And what if that journey could be completed before death? That's part of what the book is about.

Like the Tibetan Book of the Dead. Here the priest just says some last words then he's done, while the Tibetans keep on guiding the recently departed. So let's say somebody dies and you feel and see the darkness creep in like tentacles until it engulfs the room. What would a Tibetan do as the darkness formed a singular consciousness then spoke? Do they fight or go with it as if it was a journey that had to be completed. And what if that journey could be completed before death? That's part of what the book is about.

Thanks Mark.

People who are interested in reading Mark Price's book on shadow beings and their connection to Satan and their actual domain-"hell", can get it from here: The Devil's Canyon (The book is a fictionalized version of paranormal events of his life).

Oh yeah, I used to read them far too often, and I realized I was just bombarding myself with symbols and images. I generally only do maybe one personal a read a day (if that) and one more if I need a clarifier read. I totally agree about using them too often--they pretty much become useless if you are doing it over and over again.

Oh yeah, I used to read them far too often, and I realized I was just bombarding myself with symbols and images. I generally only do maybe one personal a read a day (if that) and one more if I need a clarifier read. I totally agree about using them too often--they pretty much become useless if you are doing it over and over again.

You should read this book IMO:

Amazon.com: The Tarot: A Key to the Wisdom of the Ages (9781585424917): Paul Foster Case: Books

I have seen a Hatman once near a tree at night when I was walking to the stor with my stepsister. It didnt have a face, or at least his face was shadowed but I could see he had a top hat and a black suit holding a fancy cane, he looked like a Victorian gentleman. I screamed because I've had nightmares of this man and it startled me to see him in real life. My stepsister didnt see him so I turned and ran home, at the time I was a child and was haveing emotional issues because my dad left us and I kept feeling a presence in my room of an entity standing by my bed. I was Angery cause I have been molested by family members and I'm still

Full of sadness and hatred over it. I have recently had a nightmare that a black hooded figure wanted to get in my house but I was too frightened to let it in and I woke up sweaty and scared

• Like 1

I have seen a Hatman once near a tree at night when I was walking to the stor with my stepsister. It didnt have a face, or at least his face was shadowed but I could see he had a top hat and a black suit holding a fancy cane, he looked like a Victorian gentleman. I screamed because I've had nightmares of this man and it startled me to see him in real life. My stepsister didnt see him so I turned and ran home, at the time I was a child and was haveing emotional issues because my dad left us and I kept feeling a presence in my room of an entity standing by my bed. I was Angery cause I have been molested by family members and I'm still

Full of sadness and hatred over it. I have recently had a nightmare that a black hooded figure wanted to get in my house but I was too frightened to let it in and I woke up sweaty and scared

Causing rifts in friendships and families is one the MOs of shadows just like causing nightmares. Former you alone can't have control over that but the latter can be controlled.

• Like 1

Causing rifts in friendships and families is one the MOs of shadows just like causing nightmares. Former you alone can't have control over that but the latter can be controlled.

I haven't seen the hat person anymore tho, I wonder why they are attracted to people with emotional issues?do they want to help or make things worse? This molesting happened when I was seven and I'm 18, I can't bring myself to forgive them nor can I tell my mom, I have told my best friend, maybe I'm slowly learning to accept it happened and that's why I stopped seeing the Hatman. He was really real, there is no way I imagined him, he just seemed so out of place standing so still like that and stareing

I have never seen Hat Man, and I am so glad because just the thought of him freaks me out. I also think the most scary shadowy person / spirit is the "Thin Man." Not much scares me, but images of him freak me out terribly.

I feel badly for those who cannot unsee what has been seen. *shivers*

My mother used to see the 'hat man' and she would get all upset. We thought she was into the bottle or something and would make fun of her. That was all before I ever heard of the hat man or whatever. Now I feel bad about making fun of her particularly when there are others who claim to see the same things. Who knows they might be real but what they want I have now idea, or why some see them while others do not.

• Like 1

I haven't seen the hat person anymore tho, I wonder why they are attracted to people with emotional issues?

These things are always around every living person even if you don't see them. One is even integrated into you as a dark evil part of yourself. Maybe their influence continues if you are still having persistent nightmares.

They aren't attracted just to people with emotional issues. That is a misconception spread from half-baked research of authors whose only purpose seemed to be self-promotion. I didn't have any emotional issues when they came to me.

do they want to help or make things worse?

They are never there to help humans even if they may pretend to help in some rare cases. Evil is evil no matter what disguise it uses. Mine came to me as a spirit guide to "help" me in astral, turned out it had some other very evil agenda. Trusting them was the biggest mistake of my life.

This molesting happened when I was seven and I'm 18, I can't bring myself to forgive them nor can I tell my mom, I have told my best friend, maybe I'm slowly learning to accept it happened and that's why I stopped seeing the Hatman.

Indeed it is unforgivable but not unforgettable. My advice to you is, if possible, you should try to forget about it. It will be best not to speak of it even to your friends. You will just torment yourself with recursive bad memories by doing that.

He was really real, there is no way I imagined him, he just seemed so out of place standing so still like that and stareing

They are real but not "real" as the physical reality that you see. It can be standing, sitting, staring, laughing or doing anything else.... more important issue is that he got you thinking about him by showing himself to you and thats when he achieved half of his goal already. He will achieve the other half when you start trusting him and following him.

I think you should wait for response from Mark Price also (the poster above you). He too has been researching shadows for many years.

• Like 1

These things are always around every living person even if you don't see them. One is even integrated into you as a dark evil part of yourself. Maybe their influence continues if you are still having persistent nightmares.

They aren't attracted just to people with emotional issues. That is a misconception spread from half-baked research of authors whose only purpose seemed to be self-promotion. I didn't have any emotional issues when they came to me.

They are never there to help humans even if they may pretend to help in some rare cases. Evil is evil no matter what disguise it uses. Mine came to me as a spirit guide to "help" me in astral, turned out it had some other very evil agenda. Trusting them was the biggest mistake of my life.

Indeed it is unforgivable but not unforgettable. My advice to you is, if possible, you should try to forget about it. It will be best not to speak of it even to your friends. You will just torment yourself with recursive bad memories by doing that.

They are real but not "real" as the physical reality that you see. It can be standing, sitting, staring, laughing or doing anything else.... more important issue is that he got you thinking about him by showing himself to you and thats when he achieved half of his goal already. He will achieve the other half when you start trusting him and following him.

I think you should wait for response from Mark Price also (the poster above you). He too has been researching shadows for many years.

thanks, you cleared up a lot of misconceptions and doubts I had on this

I too have seen this man, but coming out of my sleep at Ft. Gordon Georgia.

When I awoke it felt like the whole room was closing in on me. I turned around quickly and saw it standing there, it reached for my feet. Then I awoke enough to where I couldn't see it again.

Many many people are experiencing the shadown men/ hat men, im glad im not alone in this.

One is even integrated into you as a dark evil part of yourself.

That is a very subtle observation that could be easily missed in a thread like this. Carl Jung basically made a living off that observation. But there is something wrong with his theory. They say the shadow is you and you have to integrate it into yourself to be whole. Then they wander through dark corners of a person's psyche to shed a little light. They never notice the lie because it is so well crafted into their practice. Clients are never told that Carl chose evil to facilitate evil.

Insidious is one way to look at that, especially since so many people are helped by that system.

The problem is the shadow is not you and has its own independent consciousness that easily confuses anyone. Psychic darkness is not this kind of shadow, but it hides there. How can you tell one shadow from another when they are both within? Only when it steps out to confront you can you tell the difference. The normal reaction when that first happens is to scream.

Edited by markprice

That is a very subtle observation that could be easily missed in a thread like this. Carl Jung basically made a living off that observation. But there is something wrong with his theory. They say the shadow is you and you have to integrate it into yourself to be whole. Then they wander through dark corners of a person's psyche to shed a little light. They never notice the lie because it is so well crafted into their practice. Clients are never told that Carl chose evil to facilitate evil.

Insidious is one way to look at that, especially since so many people are helped by that system.

The problem is the shadow is not you and has its own independent consciousness that easily confuses anyone. Psychic darkness is not this kind of shadow, but it hides there. How can you tell one shadow from another when they are both within? Only when it steps out to confront you can you tell the difference. The normal reaction when that first happens is to scream.

Agreed. As you said earlier Carl Jung had his own agenda and anyone who has an agenda is expected to lie.

My experience tells me shadow-self has a conciousness of its own. In my case, it is a curious watcher. Yet a rebel when you try to integrate your conciousness with its own. In this way it is a seperate "entity" yet a part of you. Seems to me it is integrated on a very lower level near the dense astral body like the "qareen" they say. The devil shadows are entirely different to me and I don't see them as a part of ourselves and neither that they can they be integrated.

It is interesting BTW, even Carl Jung couldn't help but ascribe "evil" to shadow-self despite his own agendas.

Agreed. As you said earlier Carl Jung had his own agenda and anyone who has an agenda is expected to lie.

My experience tells me shadow-self has a conciousness of its own. In my case, it is a curious watcher. Yet a rebel when you try to integrate your conciousness with its own. In this way it is a seperate "entity" yet a part of you. Seems to me it is integrated on a very lower level near the dense astral body like the "qareen" they say. The devil shadows are entirely different to me and I don't see them as a part of ourselves and neither that they can they be integrated.

It is interesting BTW, even Carl Jung couldn't help but ascribe "evil" to shadow-self despite his own agendas.

I'm a fan of Jung, his work comes up often in my research, but with this topic... I disagree with him.

I'm a fan of Jung, his work comes up often in my research, but with this topic... I disagree with him.

Actually the problem is not with the theory in itself as much as it is in its presentation, it is how it has been deliberately ambiguated to imply different meanings. It is very easy to plagiarize some religious texts and then drape them in oriental occult philosophies, but to pass off the whole 'theory' as a scientific one was the most difficult part.

Edited by XingWi

• 2 weeks later...

My first experience with a shadow person was a small child like being it jumped on me held my quilt over my head and started beating me until I awoke into sleep paralysis.

Now this I dismissed as a dream but my next experience I awoke into a false awakening or astral plane, standing by the right side of my bed was a 5 foot broad shouldered no neck darker than black shadow with burning red eyes staring at me. Imagine Ray Winstone with no neck completely black with red red red eyes. I was quite calm in this half awake astral dream state and told myself out of instinct, "Don't show fear." In a strange decision I turned my hand into the shape of a gun like children do and I pointed my index finger at him like it was a barrel as soon as the finger reached him, I awoke, startled sweating and everything in my room was the exact same as it was in the dreamstate, same level of light and everything. He was just watching me and I was calm when he was staring at me but when I awoke I felt like it was something sinister. It's easy to be skeptical and try and dismiss these as dreams but anybody who has seen one is aware this is not the case these things have an agenda and mind of their own.

Has anybody else seen the broad shouldered neckless one? I've never seen one with a hat although it may be easy to interpret this one as a hooded being. It makes me wonder about the writer of the film Ghost and whether or not he knew something? It is a strange little coincidence that both Swayze and the character actor from Carlito's Way who killed him in the film both died in real life. Also the film's bad guy is the really talented actor Tony Goldwyn he was the villain in Jason Statham's The Mechanic remake. Could the Goldwyn family hold secrets of the afterlife? I'm only joking but I do believe these things are real with a mind of their own, whatever their agenda is who knows?

http://youtu.be/cWOiSflrAv4

The Art Bell show about shadows makes a fine example of how the public can be so easily mislead in a cascading manner just by inventing a new name for something that was already known throughout the human history. A marketing gimmick that was only meant to popularize the show by duping the audience into believing that something new was discovered in the paranormal field and that the show was one of the first to bring this "new discovery" to the audience, has now its effects reaching far beyond its audiences, and its effects will probably continue for years to come.