Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

State multiculturalism has failed

Persia

Not so, three quarters of the Canadian population is within 90 miles of the US border. Populations are concentrated in dense urban areas, just like anywhere else.

BTW we also don't live in igloos.

70010-004-BBFE93FB.gif

You telling me now? I just bought one. Damn salespeople.

As for mulitculti, it does not work for UK not because the immigrants or the native population. It does not work because of bad policies by the government. They did give way to much rights to immigrants and at the same time left the native population think they are second hand citizens. I understand that. It is time for the UK government to equilize the rights for everyone. I do feel bad for the English natives. Just think about how would you feel in your own country when you do not have the same privilages as the newcommers.

Canada is different. We are all the same here. Pay your taxes, work, mind your own business, do not talk trash about others, you can not get rich of welfare..... Is it perfect? No, but much better regulated then in many other countries, especialy in UK.

I just wish they would fund more soccer, I am kinda not much of a fan of men in tights.

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• danielost

• hetrodoxly

• odas

• Flashbangwollap

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I live in Canada and ya theres lots of space here and multiculturalism is our identity in Canada. People are proud regardless of race or creed that they are living in Canada amongst lots of nice people from different backgrounds. I live in a small town and multiculturalism is effecting rural areas aswell now and people get along well although depending on how rural the area is the process can be slow lol. I don't see why multiculturalism is being blamed for the current down time of the UK when there own policies and decisions led them into the state they are in now similar to that of the Europeon union. Economy sucks now but the immigrants make much of the work force and work long hours to try and have a good life. these people work 12 hours a day and 6-7 days a week in a lot of cases. Multiculturalism is beneficial to society, humans being exposed to many different peoples and their backgrounds creates more acceptance, as people start to acknowledge the similarities between each other. I think that choices such as going into the iraq war and other dumb mistakes like that have caused the UK to be in such a state. such what i think atleast .

Very good post, Seller. Must be the Ontarian climate. :tu:

and your people were the 5th or 6th to show up there, not counting the neanderthols.

even the indians cant claim to be the first here in america. there were at least two other groups here first.

there is no land that didnt have someone else there before the current group showed up.

"even the indians" are they a special case? we crossed the land-bridge following the retreating ice-sheets

"even the indians" are they a special case? we crossed the land-bridge following the retreating ice-sheets

and according to the science europeans got here before that, and the neonderthals get here before them.

Edited by danielost

Of course multi-culturalism works, just visit any ghetto in the USA.

Of course multi-culturalism works, just visit any ghetto in the USA.

Again a misconception. USA has ghetos but they are not reserved just for immigrants, unlike UK.

If you earn enough you can aford better regardless of race, heritage, religion. Trust me, Americans are better people then europeans. Americans are not twofaced. What you see is what you get.

Again a misconception. USA has ghetos but they are not reserved just for immigrants, unlike UK.

If you earn enough you can aford better regardless of race, heritage, religion. Trust me, Americans are better people then europeans. Americans are not twofaced. What you see is what you get.

rubbish!

tell that to the millions of descendents of african slaves who are now mired in poverty and degradation as a DIRECT result of slavery.

tell that to the native americans peoples...or what's left of them....

nor does the UK have any ghettoes whatsoever. an awful lot of immigrants have bought their own houses in areas where there were already immigrants living....this had nothing to do with policy.

'americans are not two-faced'

40 acres and a mule.

Speaking as someone living in Canada. Tell you what Odas, why don't you stick to the canadian forum & talk about all the interesting things happening in canada..........oops, i think i've just answered my own question.

i like it how people who dont live in a country know more about what the people are like than the ones who live there,

Speaking as someone living in Canada. Tell you what Odas, why don't you stick to the canadian forum & talk about all the interesting things happening in canada..........oops, i think i've just answered my own question.

Well, as someone living in Canada and visiting frequently the US I think I know what I am talking about. Even in my beautiful Canada is the division more evident then in the US.

As I said, everyone makes his own choises. You can move on, work hard and have a good life or you can sit in the corner and cry. For what I know Americans are the least unsuportiv people, good leaders, good and rrspectfull bosses.

Do not confuse the american politicsians with the avarage american population. Very good and honest people.

So I take in the UK multiculturalism is actually segregation?

In America we call it diversity and some people even try to encourage others to learn to live with each other.

And in America we've had some hard lessons to learn that "Separate but equal" never truly works.

rubbish!

tell that to the millions of descendents of african slaves who are now mired in poverty and degradation as a DIRECT result of slavery.

tell that to the native americans peoples...or what's left of them....

nor does the UK have any ghettoes whatsoever. an awful lot of immigrants have bought their own houses in areas where there were already immigrants living....this had nothing to do with policy.

'americans are not two-faced'

40 acres and a mule.

OMG, you know nothing of the racial politics of the U.S. and how slavery has impacted blacks over here. I know MANY blacks who own their own businesses, own nice houses in great areas of the city, have great cars, and don't use the slavery that their ancestors went through over 200 years ago as an excuse not to succeed. We are not perfect, but everyone has an equal opportunity to become prospersous here, as long as you follow the laws of the land.

OMG, you know nothing of the racial politics of the U.S. and how slavery has impacted blacks over here. I know MANY blacks who own their own businesses, own nice houses in great areas of the city, have great cars, and don't use the slavery that their ancestors went through over 200 years ago as an excuse not to succeed. We are not perfect, but everyone has an equal opportunity to become prospersous here, as long as you follow the laws of the land.

Sure there are many examples of black success. But how do a few successful examples stand up in comparison to the multi-generational racial injustices and resultant crime, poverty and despair, especially in the big city ghettos and deep american south?

In theory anyone can become prosperous, in reality, not so much.

and according to the science europeans got here before that, and the neonderthals get here before them.

Were from the oldest people in Europe and what is now Britain wasn't inhabited when we got here.

i like it how people who dont live in a country know more about what the people are like than the ones who live there,

I have to agree :P

Well, as someone living in Canada and visiting frequently the US I think I know what I am talking about. Even in my beautiful Canada is the division more evident then in the US.

As I said, everyone makes his own choises. You can move on, work hard and have a good life or you can sit in the corner and cry. For what I know Americans are the least unsuportiv people, good leaders, good and rrspectfull bosses.

Do not confuse the american politicsians with the avarage american population. Very good and honest people.

Another thing you have to thank the Brits for, the opportunity of living in wonderful Canada, i imagine your eternally grateful to Elizabeth 11 their and our Queen, when you meet the wonderful people of America the one's who don't put Latin, African etc. before American when stating their nationality (the nice ones :)) the chances of their familles coming

from Britain is very high, you might have heard of a couple of familles that originate from my town, Wyatt Earp, the Sutton's & Taylor's, (the feuding hillbillies often portrayed in cartoons) they fought on the ship going over to the new world, John wesley Hardin reputed by many wild west historians to have been the fastest gun in the west, "Remember the Alamo" (you might not know the significance) i wonder how many Americans remember or even know about the Brits who volunteered to stay fight and die in it's defence, no need to tell me about America my ancestors helped build it.

Sure there are many examples of black success. But how do a few successful examples stand up in comparison to the multi-generational racial injustices and resultant crime, poverty and despair, especially in the big city ghettos and deep american south?

In theory anyone can become prosperous, in reality, not so much.

A few successful examples, I wouldn't say that there are just a few. Blacks have just as much of an opportunity as whites to get into college and to get into well paying professions. This has more to do with class, not race. People seem to forget the fact that there are more poor white people than black people in this country, so I don't think that you can say that their lack of prosperity is just because of race. In actuality, I believe that racism is barely noticeable in contemporary America. I never said that we are perfect. In fact, we have made MANY bad mistakes in the past about race and slavery, just like many other countries, but we are well on the way to making up for that. Minorities have a huge voice in this country, I don't think that is debatable.

I am just going by what I see in my immediate vicinity and from other media sources. I really do not see a difference in the types of jobs blacks and whites are given at all.

Someone please tell me it this is out of line. Canada is hardly a bright light of multi-culturalism. According to the 2006 census, 85% are white, with 4% Asian, and 3% Black. While in the USA it is 74% white, (64% if you exclude hispanics such as resident Mexicans) 12% Black and 4% Asian. How can a country where whites outnumber the next leading minority by 20 to 1 claim to be super multi-cultural? Just curious.

Britan has a problem with Muslims because they make up 3-4% of the population, yet are so vocal they get like 30-50% of the media attension.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Demographics_of_the_United_States

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Demographics_of_Canada

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Demographics_of_the_United_Kingdom

Multi-culturalism will not work unless all the cultures involved respect each other. If the majority population bends over backward to show how PC they are, they still have a problem if the minority culture will not respect the majority culture. Those who do not respect other cultures will look for any chance to seek advantage, and the majority, being PC, will accomodate them. But, those accomodationists are still going to lose.

Someone please tell me it this is out of line. Canada is hardly a bright light of multi-culturalism. According to the 2006 census, 85% are white, with 4% Asian, and 3% Black. While in the USA it is 74% white, (64% if you exclude hispanics such as resident Mexicans) 12% Black and 4% Asian. How can a country where whites outnumber the next leading minority by 20 to 1 claim to be super multi-cultural? Just curious.

Britan has a problem with Muslims because they make up 3-4% of the population, yet are so vocal they get like 30-50% of the media attension.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Demographics_of_the_United_States

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Demographics_of_Canada

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Demographics_of_the_United_Kingdom

Since when is "white" a culture?

Canada is a country of immigrants of all colours & cultures.

A few successful examples, I wouldn't say that there are just a few. Blacks have just as much of an opportunity as whites to get into college and to get into well paying professions. This has more to do with class, not race. People seem to forget the fact that there are more poor white people than black people in this country, so I don't think that you can say that their lack of prosperity is just because of race. In actuality, I believe that racism is barely noticeable in contemporary America. I never said that we are perfect. In fact, we have made MANY bad mistakes in the past about race and slavery, just like many other countries, but we are well on the way to making up for that. Minorities have a huge voice in this country, I don't think that is debatable.

I am just going by what I see in my immediate vicinity and from other media sources. I really do not see a difference in the types of jobs blacks and whites are given at all.

Although I do see your point, there are certainly poor people of any colour & the US is definitely making leaps & bounds in equality;

I would also venture to say they there are different reasons for different groups being poor. The Black group has a history of systemic, multi-generational racist treatment and segregation, arguably to the present day.

I would think it's really hard to buy into the mythos of the American dream when your grandfather tells you terrible stories of racism/injustice that happened to him & his generation because of his skin colour.

I agree, Psukhe. There is still racism here and there in America, mainly in the south, but I don't think that the same can be said for the majority of the country. The systemic racism of the past is definitely gone, imo, and being racist is really looked down upon this day in age. Also, it is not like the whole of America was as racist as the deep south and their institutionalized prejudice against blacks, since there have been free blacks in America since the beggining in the North. We still have a ways to go, but I think that we have come a really long way.

Just to give you some perspective on where I live, the area in which I reside is 30-40% black and also has a good percentage of hispanics. I see interracial couples quite regularly and I also find that people of all races usually have no problem making friends and just generally getting along with eachother. Even the Mexicans who come here and still retain much of their traditions are still treated reasonably well. There are plenty of Mexican grocery stores that are only in Spanish around where I live, which gets alot blacks and whites as customers. This is Indiana, which is not historically liberal at all. I know that in the rural areas there is still some racist attitudes, but those are dwindling away quite fast as more people come into contact with eachother.

I agree, Psukhe. There is still racism here and there in America, mainly in the south, but I don't think that the same can be said for the majority of the country. The systemic racism of the past is definitely gone, imo, and being racist is really looked down upon this day in age. Also, it is not like the whole of America was as racist as the deep south and their institutionalized prejudice against blacks, since there have been free blacks in America since the beggining in the North. We still have a ways to go, but I think that we have come a really long way.

Just to give you some perspective on where I live, the area in which I reside is 30-40% black and also has a good percentage of hispanics. I see interracial couples quite regularly and I also find that people of all races usually have no problem making friends and just generally getting along with eachother. Even the Mexicans who come here and still retain much of their traditions are still treated reasonably well. There are plenty of Mexican grocery stores that are only in Spanish around where I live, which gets alot blacks and whites as customers. This is Indiana, which is not historically liberal at all. I know that in the rural areas there is still some racist attitudes, but those are dwindling away quite fast as more people come into contact with eachother.

the millions of descendents of african slaves now living in the US do not have the same opportunities as a white american family. and that is not because of racism today....but because of racism 100's of years ago...blacks have more chance of being born to a poor family...that fact gives them less chance of success in life...because of all the environmental factors that brings. throw in other issues - such as the lack of black fathers in the household - a phenom. i see as directly traceable to the practice of selling slaves children off and it quickly becomes apparent how far back black kids, generally speakin, start compared to white kids.

just to be clear i'm not saying it's racism today that has caused all these issues...it's the legacy of the last 300 years.