Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Theme park bosses move new water ride

Karlis

A new water ride at one of the country's biggest theme parks has been moved after the ghost of a headless monk was seen. Workers at Thorpe Park feared they had disturbed an ancient burial ground when they dug down 15 metres down.Staff complained that objects had been moved around, they felt like someone was watching over their shoulders and reported being hit by a sudden cold feeling. arrow3.gifRead more...

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Karlis

• scepticalbeliever

• Prab

• Kelbie25

aww rats. i bet the ghost was all "yippy! a water slide! cant wait, here let me help build it with you guys!.....hey where you taking my slide!?"

Reminds me of a Family Guy episode where Peter was digging a swimming pool only to uncover an Native American skull and disturbing its grave in the process.

Edited by :PsYKoTiC:BeHAvIoR:

Can't wait for the headless monk attraction that will be made there now...... Nice advertising.

I'm not being a lame skeptic but this just seems dodgy.

Well I don't think a theme park would spend tons of money to build a ride only to have to move it for no reason. Something must've happened.

More of story and less of fact.

and of course the cool headless monk man?

and I bet that he was riding a horse?

lol !

It seems more of a publicity stunt rather than reality.

Well I don't think a theme park would spend tons of money to build a ride only to have to move it for no reason. Something must've happened.

Are you sure about that?(tons of money?)

Maybe they had some problem with the type of land(soil) where the ride was or maybe it was already planned to be shifted for some other reason and they decided to give it try for a story for publicity ;)

Besides I bet the headless monk didn't come in the morning to trouble everyone and he didn't hurt anyone.

aww rats. i bet the ghost was all "yippy! a water slide! cant wait, here let me help build it with you guys!.....hey where you taking my slide!?"

hahah i know right,thats what i was thinking

shoulda left it and used it for a theme.

Let's face it, would any self respecting dead person (with or without a head) like a bunch of rowdy kids dancing on their grave?

Id like to be a fly on the wall of the park's executive level management meeting over this. But I guess a gravesite is a gravesite, no matter how old and should be respected. Ghosts or not.

Eta. I also suspect excavating and relocating ancient burial sites isn't that cheap either.

Edited by Framling

Sounds like a marketing scheme to me. I thought you can't build stuff on ancient burial grounds, maybe in the UK its different. Also how did they know it was a monk if it was headless? I bet this waterpark will be crowded with ghost hunters with the regular fun seekers this summer.

Are you sure about that?(tons of money?)

Maybe they had some problem with the type of land(soil) where the ride was or maybe it was already planned to be shifted for some other reason and they decided to give it try for a story for publicity ;)

Besides I bet the headless monk didn't come in the morning to trouble everyone and he didn't hurt anyone.

The English are pretty much on the up and up. So what you suggested seems farfetched with the exception of the money problems in which case the ride would've ceases to be built.

About headless monks. I have never read in history where they beheaded a monk. Burned at the stake maybe but never beheaded as far as I know. With the exception of Thomas Moore but he was a priest who displeased Henry VIII and was beheaded.

I take that back. I re read some of history and Henry VIII did indeed have monks and nuns beheaded.

Edited by scepticalbeliever

Aren't there people whose entire job is to find /expletive deleted/ like this before they can level whatever it is and build /expletive deleted/ on top of it? I mean, especially in England, where /expletive deleted/ like this is everywhere.

Just by the by, if there were more ghost stories involving headless monks and maybe a shrieking hobgoblin that was like, on fire or something, these ghost stories would be way more fun to read.

I read somewhere (nice and specific I know, this was a while ago and I haven't been on here in a long time) that six members of staff played a Ouija board on the grounds of the Saw ride that was opened in 2009 and they were all suspended from work due to paranormal activity happening in and around the attraction.

I don't know how true this claims are but it does seem that the park owners(?) are very conscious of paranormal phenomena in their theme park.

I personally experienced this believe it or not.It happened in my wife's barrio now called barangay in carmelo,cebu,philippines.It was night and dark,while walking home in a deserted pathway with three companion(my son,my wife's nephew and a friend)we are walking side by side then suddenly we saw this headless priest.The barrio folk said that it is the ghost of a headless priest.This happened in 1980.So I believed.

Edited by kulas910

I think they should have left the water slide where it was and make the ghost story part

of the attraction. They might actually make a little more money that way.

Lol. This story isn't even vaguely true. This park used to be a quarry. This ride was never planned for another area in the park, plans submitted to the local council months ago confirm this. This is a marketing stunt, probably as a narrative build-up to next years attraction (which includes a fake derelict church, you see). The company is renowned for such "news" marketing stunts.

Its a pity, I rekon they would of got more visitors with the ghost