Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Da Vinci Code: age finally worked out

Still Waters

The bizarre sequence of symbols, charts and figures have baffled the world of science for the last 100 years.

But now thanks to carbon dating, researchers have finally begun to pick apart the secrets of the Voynich manuscript, the most alien artifact of its kind in the world.

They have been able to determine for the first time that it was written in the early 15th century, more than 100 years earlier than previously thought.

And while they are no closer to understanding what the complex text actually means, putting a date on it takes them a huge step closer to discovering what it is really about.

arrow3.gifRead more...

• Replies 18
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• BishopRyan

• Set the Fallen

• WoIverine

• TheMcGuffin

Hmm, wonder if a translated copy is available? They should widely publicize things like this, so everyone could take a crack at it. Some genius kid would probably figure it out.

No one knows what it is, and no one has ever been able to translate it, beyond the fact that it's a late-medieval book about alchemy, magic and all that.

There are like 4 threads on this "news". One I started myself. Da Vinci Code, was kind of misleading! :P

I just learned that Zecharia Sitchen died 10-09-2010. I was going to suggest that he be given the opportunity to translate since he was able to translate the original language of the Sumarian that were discovered as the ancient text of the first language of humankind.

Edited by Stuffudontunderstand

I don't think a dating test prooves anything. Forgers are really good at finding the materials they need to give the right age to a project, even forgers back in the 18th, 19th, or even the 15th century did this.

Personnally I think it is just an artwork with no language behind the symbols. It is like when you see a painting of a scene that has a sign in it, usually the sign is just squiggles, that seem to be language, but are not.

Just like in this Van Gogh... There is the impression of writing, but no information is really there.

Artist_Vincent_van_Gogh_Fine_Art_Poster_Print_of_Painting_Still_Life_with_Drawing_Board_and_Onions.jpeg

I just learned that Zecharia Sitchen died 10-09-2010. I was going to suggest that he be given the opportunity to translate since he was able to translate the original language of the Sumarian that were discovered as the ancient text of the first language of humankind.

Sitchens translations of sumerian text is dubious to say the least , most informed people at UM will say that he was a nutter and had no idea what he was translating .

If the Annunaki happens to turn up i will reconsider my position :P

TiP.

Hmm, wonder if a translated copy is available? They should widely publicize things like this, so everyone could take a crack at it. Some genius kid would probably figure it out.

That is a very good idea; I am surprised no one has thought of that before. I first heard of this manuscript some twenty three years ago, and thought it fallen from sight or lost.

Just like in this Van Gogh... There is the impression of writing, but no information is really there.

Artist_Vincent_van_Gogh_Fine_Art_Poster_Print_of_Painting_Still_Life_with_Drawing_Board_and_Onions.jpeg

I've never seen that painting before... I like it!

Whoever this "Van Gogh" character is, he seems like he might be an okay painter. Has he painted anything recently?

i agree they should make a public copy

I've never seen that painting before... I like it!

Whoever this "Van Gogh" character is, he seems like he might be an okay painter. Has he painted anything recently?

Yes, he did my back bedroom just before Christmas. I'm going to get him to wallpaper the lounge next month!

Yes, he did my back bedroom just before Christmas. I'm going to get him to wallpaper the lounge next month!

Your bad :w00t:

• 2 weeks later...

LOL yep Jose' VanGogh

• 3 months later...