Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Two More Debate Judges Needed

Saru

I'm looking for another two forum members who would be interested in judging some of the debates in this section of the board.

If you'd like to know more about debate judging first, read through this thread which describes how the whole debate judging system works.

Please make sure that you really would like to do this before volunteering, in particular i'm looking for two members who visit the forum on a regular basis and have a keen interest in the debating.

If you're interested, please post to this thread to let me know. If more than two people volunteer then those picked will be based on who i feel would be most suitable for the job.

Thanks thumbsup.gif

• Replies 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• BurnSide

• Saru

• reese2

• AztecInca

Since Hunterkiller2001 and Janiel signed up first you can pick them, but if one of them decides not to do it or another position for debate judge opens up I`m all for it. All my experiences at school with debating must be worth something!!! thumbsup.gif

I think you should all post a short paragraph explaining why you'd be fit for the job of debate judging.

I think you should all post a short paragraph explaining why you'd be fit for the job of debate judging.

We didn't have to do that Burnside.. If Saruman wanted people to do that, he would ask them to. dontgetit.gif

I know, but that's because there wasn't more than enough interest. We all posted, we all got the position. Here is a situation where more than two people are interested. I guess it's fair That Janiel and hk2001 get the parts because they posted first but there is more interest than just us.

Plus, there are some debate judges that, as far as we have seen, have yet to judge a single debate. Which is why we need more debate judges in the first place. Why not be sure that wont happen again.

I know, I see what you are saying. I agree. I see a lot of green names, with a couple of judges that have never judged anything. sad.gif

But I believe Saruman wrote that if there are more than two people showing interest, he would give the positions to those he felt would be good for the job.. But, who knows, he may do what you said and make them write a paragraph, I just thought that he would have posted that up front.

No harm no foul..... original.gif

Edited by reese2

T'was just a suggestion. original.gif

I'd be pretty interested in it...if it turns out you do want more than just an expression of interest, let me know.

I see a lot of green names, with a couple of judges that have never judged anything.

Only one of the judges has never judged anything, and that person has been removed from the list.

I would like to throw my hat into the debate ring if that is OK.

I enjoy the debates and think they add a lot to our nice forum.

Thanks to all those who volunteered, as i say at the moment i'm only looking for two more debate judges, so i've had to chose between those who have expressed an interest by posting in this thread.

The two members who have been added to the 'Debate Judges' member group then are Fluffybunny and AztecInca.

You'll both need to familiarise yourselves with the debate system as outlined in this thread , and keep an eye out for debates ready to be judged which will have [being Judged] in their subheading.

and thanks for your help, it's much appreciated. thumbsup.gif

Welcome to the Debate Staff guys. grin2.gif

That is really cool, thank you for selecting me. I shall do my best to make you proud...I look forward to judging my first debate.

I always liked the color green. tongue.gif

Do I get a crown and scepter? A royal chair? Royal Footmen?

A Castle?

A Bag of Cheetos and a Diet Coke?

tongue.gif

Thanks Saruman thumbsup.gif , You can count on me! With all the bloody school debates and the one I did on here plus watching all the other debates I am ready to get judging!!! grin2.gif

Its sooo cool, my name is in green, lol! I`m a bit excited, thanks once again!!! thumbsup.gif