Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Syria says jailed blogger worked for CIA

Persia

yeah am sure we all do michael

but interesting you had time to post the same views we discuss there in other topics

yet not there ? :D

however the evidence of such are in the court of that girl which shows eiather her guilt

or innocence

it's matter of facts and evidence .. not emotional rants

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Knight Of Shadows

• Hurrikane

• The Silver Thong

• MichaelW

are you gonna ask me next to say those things about my president to prove my point ?

instead of discussions in logic way ?

i do have freedom .. all syrians does there's a topic that was about this

which the person above stopped posting coz failed to prove his point

right michael ?

i mean if he have still doubts about the topic why not post in that same topic

why bring the same topic in every post ? simply to run in circles again

however silver

bring single point we'll disucss it if you like

when we're done with it we'll discuss another and so on

No don't post anything that could get you in trouble. I actually like my leader aka Prime minister and he's a conservative lol. I was just pointing out that I have the freedom to ridicule with out persecution.

I find your posts here on UM to be honest as far as you can be and it's not to often I or us here on UM have members that are from nations in the ME. I personally like it and wish we had more from your neck of the woods on here.

there's few arabs as i think here one from syria i guess too

but in general arabs not mainly interested in supernature forums and such

even though they'd rather arabic forums i suppose coz of arabic language

there's times i don't even understand some sentences of what people says here

but it's all cool am improving my english :D

again bashing and discussion me not the point silver

i'd ask you politely to mind your words ok ?

you wanna discuss the point .. bring a point

you wanna call me names and discuss me .. not interested

i don't see syrians posting topics and sticking nose in trials and courts

in usa ? coz we don't know the facts of their courts or evidence they have

same goes to you .. you don't know our court and evidence they do have

which will be revealed in court

but again keep your words straight with me if you please

is this your way of countering other pointviews ?

calling people dicators ?

Does the Syria legal system allow the facts of the case to be known? Will they release the evidence?

trial might not allow cameras inside .. but i think that's the case of all over the world

no cameras in court but only the family of accuser and such people are allowed ... same as your kind of court and evidence will be revealed and judge to and defense lawayer

kinda of same trial of your kind of court

ok sorry for slow reply got lot of things going on

however syria is republic country the president came in power through voting

he was the only candidate " people here might claim voting are false or fixed "

but i think such strong accusations requires strong evidence right ?

we can say same about any western country voting is fixed .. but without evidence does it worth anything ? what do you think ?

Why was there no alternative candidate?

How long is a presidential term in office?

Who is the leader and what are their political goals?

If there is only one candidate, then the voting can't be fixed since there is nobody else to vote for. I have to wonder why there was nobody else that had an ambition to run though. In my mind, there should be at least two or three people that are capable and willing to take on such a challenging position unless there people have been forced out of the election. r

now there's things must be done to maintain the stablitiy of the country

voilent acts against terrorism for example muslim brotherhood commited crimes against people of syria at a time ..

imagin following syrian girls who dress nice and tight and kill them with their families

the goverment reacted harsh to those and put them down

Would it be correct to state that the killers were radical islamic terrorists? It's good to know that even countries like Syria, that have an international presence of being quite conservative, punish people for killing those who do not follow the same beliefs.

On another note, how does Syria view other religions? How are people treated that are not Muslim? I am assuming here that Syria is dominantly muslim by the way...

groups who criticize in such polite and real logic way are allowed to

we got tv series that criticize the govermet .. harsh way but still modern

i mean it's not sain to swear at president in tv right ?

this isn't civilised way to do so .. swearing at any one is voilation

What is the punishment for swearing? In the United States there are certain policies that have to be followed while on television and swearing is usually bleeped out or not played until after a certain time (9pm?)

trial might not allow cameras inside .. but i think that's the case of all over the world

no cameras in court but only the family of accuser and such people are allowed ... same as your kind of court and evidence will be revealed and judge to and defense lawayer

kinda of same trial of your kind of court

I was wondering more along the lines of the actual evidence being revealed to the public by reporters, news articles, etc. Cameras aren't always allowed here either, but reporters often report the case to the public as it is happening or sometimes after it had happened.

Why was there no alternative candidate?

How long is a presidential term in office?

Who is the leader and what are their political goals?

If there is only one candidate, then the voting can't be fixed since there is nobody else to vote for. I have to wonder why there was nobody else that had an ambition to run though. In my mind, there should be at least two or three people that are capable and willing to take on such a challenging position unless there people have been forced out of the election. r

Would it be correct to state that the killers were radical islamic terrorists? It's good to know that even countries like Syria, that have an international presence of being quite conservative, punish people for killing those who do not follow the same beliefs.

On another note, how does Syria view other religions? How are people treated that are not Muslim? I am assuming here that Syria is dominantly muslim by the way...

What is the punishment for swearing? In the United States there are certain policies that have to be followed while on television and swearing is usually bleeped out or not played until after a certain time (9pm?)

this will be long so please have patience :D

the sudden death of the previous president hafiz " rest in peace "

left the country shaken up he was very popular leader among syrians and very wise

it was all so sudden for the country it wasn't excpected so

as for why there wasn't others wanted to run i don't know honestly

but to prove they been forced out of it .. needs prove to back it up with right ?

and for how much the president run i don't really know accourate but i know the president

get reelected after 2 or 4 years by saying yes or no or the prisdent and ours got re elected again and kept as president you have to understand very big majority likes and support him .. very little minority are against .. and the republic rule by majority

not minoritiy

for political goals first over all is the stability of syria is the first concern

to free all syrians lands from invaders and to speak for the rights of palestinian peoples

when other arabic presidents are too cowards to do so some one has to do it

and for terrorism syria always been against it

but people mix it up by syria support for hamas and hezboallah

hamas is " resistance " am sure you know what resistance means

it's group of people due to the absenth of army to defend their land taken that responsiblity to them self

hezboallah is kinda of replacement for the lebanon army coz lebanon really don't have much of an army .. hezboallah also been resistance that successfully drove israel of lebanon before and it was also the same group who kept israel at pay and not make it go far inside lebanon ..

now syrian is muslim in majority country therefor the president must be muslim to run for president over 90% muslims .. so again majority speaks louder

but for treatment there's no different between christians jews or muslim in syria

any voilent act by muslims against any other religion will met really harsh punishment

so all equal no special religious treatment

punishment of swearing is not much really just little time maybe 24 if i think right

and not always really taken seriously but swearing on people isn't really logic way to get your point acrossed if you know what i mean

sorry for making it long

I was wondering more along the lines of the actual evidence being revealed to the public by reporters, news articles, etc. Cameras aren't always allowed here either, but reporters often report the case to the public as it is happening or sometimes after it had happened.

i have no personal knowledge in the case but i suppose without evidence the case will be dropped .. and beside sometimes not evidence but confession

like i said i really don't have personal information on the case

but when the trial over am sure arabic journalists would post detailed information

about the trial and evidence i guess

now syrian is muslim in majority country therefor the president must be muslim to run for president over 90% muslims .. so again majority speaks louder

I actually thought Syria would have a higher percentage of people who follow the Islamic faith than 90%, that to me is surprising it's not closer to 95%.

Is there a Syrian constitution?

Does the President have to be Muslim to be able to run for president? Could someone with good political ideas (but differ in religious beliefs) be able to make a run for the presidency?

Has there been any demonstrations similar to what has happened in Egypt, Tunisia, Bahrain and Iran?

in usa ? coz we don't know the facts of their courts or evidence they have

same goes to you .. you don't know our court and evidence they do have

which will be revealed in court...

Yeeeesss.... revealed in court perhaps, but not to you - or anybody else - KoS. Because it was a SECRET hearing. On the other hand, you CAN know the facts and evidence from a US court... the proceeds are open.

slight difference, methinks.

meow purr :)

i already answered you hurrikan in the previous post

before asking your question

and shipcat

you can also know the facts and evidence in courts here but during court or after by media but no cameras are allowed inside courts of law

and how you mean they are open ? to the public ? any one can attend the court ?

i'd imagin then the any court wouldn't have much chairs for people right ?

only family and witnesses and people related to the trial are allowed in

Well I need clarification on that point. In my opinion, I would say it is discrimination to say a person has to be Muslim to run for a political position. In the United States there is supposed to be a separation between Church and State but from your post it appears this is not the case in Syria???

and shipcat

you can also know the facts and evidence in courts here but during court or after by media but no cameras are allowed inside courts of law

and how you mean they are open ? to the public ? any one can attend the court ?

i'd imagin then the any court wouldn't have much chairs for people right ?

only family and witnesses and people related to the trial are allowed in

Your questions can by answered here. Yes, court hearings and transcripts (word for word testimony) are open to the public. In rare cases there is a gag order, while the trial is in session, and can't be talked about in the news, but afterwards, it is open to the public.

http://www.jud.ct.gov/faq/courtrec.html

Well I need clarification on that point. In my opinion, I would say it is discrimination to say a person has to be Muslim to run for a political position. In the United States there is supposed to be a separation between Church and State but from your post it appears this is not the case in Syria???

I think he means that the majority rules and because the majority are muslim it's highly likely they wouldn't select a Christian. Probably not a utopic political environment but in a way you could similarly compare it to the US with African Americans who have been present in the US since the 1600's but only after 400 years was one allowed and given the honour and privilige to sit in the White House.

exactly my point devil thanks

here it's over 90% muslim so the person runing for president " have " to be muslim