Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Man-Eating Elephant In India

ohio state buckeyes

After a rogue elephant killed 17 people in India, locals knew it had to be stopped. Once the animal was killed, DNA tests on the contents of its stomach revealed something even more terrifying: the elephant had consumed human flesh.

According to zoologist Dave Salmoni, humans are to blame for the herbivore's shocking behavior.In this clip from his new TV show, he claims this particular man-eating elephant lashed out in an act of revenge after her calf was killed.

Elephants have recently witnessed their homes destroyed to make room for crop fields.

arrow3.gifRead more...

Just sad.

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Lucky7

• ships-cat

• Pezmo

• Bendy Demon

We are way over due for another " Black Plague " epidemic...

To many damn humans on this world.....

Coooool.. Man eating Eliphants, something i never even considered.

The destroying of their habitats is a damn shame, Elephants remember.

Kind of reminds me of that "Simpsons" episode where Bart gets an elephant and it picks Homer up and crams him in its mouth.

Could it be possible that the elephant may have also been suffering some manner of deficiency in its diet and made up for it by eating meat (in this case a human).

I recall watching a documentary on hippos and they observed a hippo going over to a carcass and taking a few mouthfuls of the meat before it left again.

So perhaps, like the hippo, there was more than one reason the elephant did what it did....maybe.

Still..that is creepy.

Yeah i remember that simpsons episode.<BR><BR>I dunno maybe the Eliphants are gearing up for war with man, who knows. I do think however that at some point nature will take us down a peg or two. I would like to see a world were nature prospers on its own rather than see it destroyed by Humans.

Yeah. It's not like they have fangs or anything so you get nicely masticated to death OR if the elephant is feeling compassionate, he'll just squish you first. Ewww!

"Man made monsters". Except I don't think of them as monsters. Yep, we are the only ones to blame for this behavior. :(

no wonder, destroy its home, kill its baby, would anyone else of acted differently? poor elephant, it suffered so much, humans deserve it.

An innocent creature of this planet is trying to stop another creature of this planet that is destroying their own common planet, now someone has to take the motive.

For how long will these poor animals tolerate the bad behaviour that we humans do on them.

I have seen humans eating humans so these things doesn't surprise me at all but I have never seen an elephant eating another elephant.

That sounds very creepy.Without escusing the said elephant.I think it's because humans treat animals so badly,it is bound to happen.

i find the thought of a man eating elephant extremely disturbing!!! i agree though that if they were left alone it would never have happened, so sad!

How much flesh was found in its stomach? The elephant does not really have the physiology to bite flesh off an animal[or a man].

I wonder what Nelly the Elephant and Dumbo have to say about this.

Elephants are vegetarians. I cannot see how any part of this story is true. It is most likely a propaganda so that people can now go out and kill them for their ivory in the hopes that no one will complain and then they can say 'well, we thought it was the man-eating elephant, so we killed it just in case'. This is sick.

It was behaving abnormally ?

Could it have been...

a ZOMBIE man-eating killer elephant ?

"Durnit... We're gonna need BIGGER chainsaws, Earl... "

meow purr :)

It's only a matter of time before most animals seek revenge. Not surprised at this at all. I bet humans had been responsible for some of this elephant's heard dying or being forced to relocate due to human encroachment.

to Sevenof Seven so how do you explain vegetarian humans? were meant to be omnivores. maybe this elephant is just insane?

Why are people so shocked. It could be the start of evolution. Nothing on this planet stays the same, all animals evols weather patterns change so why the shock. All it takes is one to do and 1 to observer and you "COULD" have a chain reaction.

Maybe this elephant is aware of the abuse of all the elephants in zoos and circuses and sleazy carnivals and thought "Enough is enough". Paybacks a b****!

Hmmm... when they did the post-mortem examination of the Zombie Man Eating Elephant, did any of them bother to check its forehead ?

meow purr :(

no wonder, destroy its home, kill its baby, would anyone else of acted differently? poor elephant, it suffered so much, humans deserve it.

Yes I would have acted differently, for a start I wouldn't have eaten whoever or whatever destroyed my home and killed my baby.

to Sevenof Seven so how do you explain vegetarian humans? were meant to be omnivores. maybe this elephant is just insane?

Omnivores have teeth for both vegetables and meat, herbivores only have the teeth for vegetation, it's not physcially impossible for them to eat meat but it's not natural for them to do so.

Why are people so shocked. It could be the start of evolution. Nothing on this planet stays the same, all animals evols weather patterns change so why the shock. All it takes is one to do and 1 to observer and you "COULD" have a chain reaction.

I very much doubt that we're about to be overrun by herds of man eating elephants...That's not quite all there is to evolution.