Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Masons in your town

Godofcats

What's up people. I know the Free Masons topic is tired and stuff. I never was really into the Masons and others groups like that but recently I have been wondering. I live in a small town in Ohio. A few months ago I noticed a building with strange symbols on it. I always seen the place but never really paid attention to it before. When I finally did I noticed that it was a Free Masons hang out or whatever. To my understanding the Masons are a group of rich and powerful people. The town I live in isn't known for having any money or power. So I thought what would they be doing here? So my question to people is are there a Free Mason buildings were you live at that you know of? If so and the Masons are in every town and city in the country that's something I need to look into.

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• MstrMsn

• ShadowSot

• puridalan

• Travelling Man

Freemasons aren't a group of powerful and rich men. It's a fraternity who lets in anyone who asks providing they have some concept of a supreme deity and no criminal history.

Yeah, there are Freemasons who are wealthy, but mostly due to the Lodge (the area where Freemasons meet) being in an affluent area.

There's a Lodge in my area as well, and this is a bit of a hick town.

I live in a small town too and there's one. I had a friend who knew a few people who were part of them and you do have to go through a lot of stuff to join, at least at the one here. I've never paid attention to the wealth of the members, they're mostly just old men. It is a very large and nice building though.

There's one in my town too, looks like it was built early last century when we were just a small market town, population about 2000. Not that big, on a par with the two political clubs.

I think there probably are; at least, there's a Masonic Lodge round the back of the supermarket. I presume it's still in business, though they don't advertise exactly. I haven't noticed any particularly evil goings-on emanating from it, but I'll keep you informed.

The Masons in our town are busily trying to fund the takeover of the world through Chicken BBQs and Pork Suppers.

What's up people. I know the Free Masons topic is tired and stuff. I never was really into the Masons and others groups like that but recently I have been wondering. I live in a small town in Ohio. A few months ago I noticed a building with strange symbols on it. I always seen the place but never really paid attention to it before. When I finally did I noticed that it was a Free Masons hang out or whatever. To my understanding the Masons are a group of rich and powerful people. The town I live in isn't known for having any money or power. So I thought what would they be doing here? So my question to people is are there a Free Mason buildings were you live at that you know of? If so and the Masons are in every town and city in the country that's something I need to look into.

My friend is a Freemason, he is not rich. It is just a fraternal organization. Their symbols do have meaning but not really like what you see on TV or movies.

The Masons in our town are busily trying to fund the takeover of the world through Chicken BBQs and Pork Suppers.

No steak? Those inhuman monsters!!! :angry:

No steak? Those inhuman monsters!!! :angry:

The local Moose Lodge offered steak dinners for about a month. I liked them, but somehow just can't picture myself with the antlers.

Really? Where's this? I LOVE chicken.

I think there probably are; at least, there's a Masonic Lodge round the back of the supermarket. I presume it's still in business, though they don't advertise exactly. I haven't noticed any particularly evil goings-on emanating from it, but I'll keep you informed.

That's because there isn't any. You want a place where there is, go to 1600 Pennsylvania Ave, Washington, D.C.

The one here does it through pancake breakfasts.

There's one in my town by the trail where I go jogging every night. Creepy.

Masons are nothing to worry about. They don't have any particular influence over American life... Honestly. Would I lie to you ?

Now take a look at a dollar bill. See the Pyramid with the Eye ?

Ever wondered about that ? I mean... the USA isn't USUALLY associated with pyramid building.

so why is it on your currency ? On every single note ? I mean... if it was an EGYPTIAN dollar, then no problemo. Egypt = pyramids.

But in the USA ? I mean.. SERIOUSLY people, why do you have a pyramid on your banknotes ? What POSSIBLE relevance does it have to American culture and/or history ?

the Pyramid is (amongst many other things) a masonic symbol of the struggle towards enlightenment. So how does a masonic symbol end up on your banknotes ?

Simple... the "founding fathers" where either masons, or illuminati, or both. And there is NOTHING sinister about that !

For a PROPER understanding of this.. do proper research.

On the other hand, For a FUN introduction to the rich heritage of USA Masonic/Illuminati influence, try "The Lost Symbol" by Dan Brown. (yes, the guy who did "The DaVinci Code".)

Its only a work of fiction, and shouldn't be taken seriously in terms of the plot , but his commentary about the artworks (and symbols) in the Library of Congress ... and even Congress itself... are interesting. (and easily verifiable by a quick trip to Washington DC)

His understanding of how the CIA works is... however... lamentable to the point of embarrassing.

Ummm... apparently. So I've been told.

meow purr :)

Edited by ships-cat

Masons are nothing to worry about. They don't have any particular influence over American life... Honestly. Would I lie to you ?

Ever wondered about that ? I mean... the USA isn't USUALLY associated with pyramid building.

so why is it on your currency ? On every single note ? I mean... if it was an EGYPTIAN dollar, then no problemo. Egypt = pyramids.

But in the USA ? I mean.. SERIOUSLY people, why do you have a pyramid on your banknotes ? What POSSIBLE relevance does it have to American culture and/or history ?

the Pyramid is (amongst many other things) a masonic symbol of the struggle towards enlightenment. So how does a masonic symbol end up on your banknotes ?

Simple... the "founding fathers" where either masons, or illuminati, or both. And there is NOTHING sinister about that !

On the other hand, For a FUN introduction to the rich heritage of USA Masonic/Illuminati influence, try "The Lost Symbol" by Dan Brown. (yes, the guy who did "The DaVinci Code".)

Its only a work of fiction, and shouldn't be taken seriously in terms of the plot , but his commentary about the artworks (and symbols) in the Library of Congress ... and even Congress itself... are interesting. (and easily verifiable by a quick trip to Washington DC)

His understanding of how the CIA works is... however... lamentable to the point of embarrassing.

Ok, well, first off....

The pyramid was taken from a colonial dollar that had an unfinished pyramid on it. One of the designers of the Great Seal liked it, so it was added. Guess what? He was NOT a Mason. The only Mason involved with the creating of the Great Seal was Benjamin Franklin, he wasn't in charge of the group, and some of his ideas were shot down.

Also, not all of our "founding fathers" were Masons.

To the OP:

You'll find a Grand Lodge in every state. You'll also find at least one lodge in every major city.

The freaky thing about it with me is that the building is really big and it's about four blocks away. It's like a straight line lined up with my house. I can see the building from my house and that eye at the top is just wierd. I feel as if it's looking at me and the whole town at that.

The freaky thing about it with me is that the building is really big and it's about four blocks away. It's like a straight line lined up with my house. I can see the building from my house and that eye at the top is just wierd. I feel as if it's looking at me and the whole town at that.

Well, most Masonic Lodges are pretty big. I'm a Mason, and something like that would freak me out, too. We're not a group that you have to be concerned about. We don't recruit, we don't do human or animal sacrifices (unless you count the barbeques), we don't worship demons, or Satan. We are everyday people, just like you.

Well, most Masonic Lodges are pretty big. I'm a Mason, and something like that would freak me out, too. We're not a group that you have to be concerned about. We don't recruit, we don't do human or animal sacrifices (unless you count the barbeques), we don't worship demons, or Satan. We are everyday people, just like you.

You're a Mason? What degree of Mason are you?

Most masons are nothing to worry about,heck most of them don't believe or have knowledge of the same things so there is no worry for mass rebellion or something like that. However, you always have a few black sheep in any group. You want an interesting masonic group to look up, look at the Visconti Masons.

Edited by puridalan

Adding a lot of founding fathers were masons. A good portion on both sides of my family at one time were masons, and highly invovled in the governement, lets just say somethings have changed. It has an egyptian touch to it because egypt has a lot to do with 'travel' in general, and it goes past egypt. What I am saying is that even many religions such as Roman Catholics practiced have egyptian symbols, such as amen-rah. Sun god, note gods back then before Ramses were not for worship, just honour..and equals big difference. Then temples and worshipped formed..and ya was the end of most of that respect and into slavery. Of course you are going to have a lot of symbology from that because of the extensive line of masontry and other mixed practices. It goes past egypt and into the spirtuality of it all, through global means, of various peoples/histories/cultures into global beliefs ie like the ancient spiral. But I am not really going to get into all of that.

You're a Mason? What degree of Mason are you?

Ummm, Master Mason... M s t r M s n :blink:

Ummm, Master Mason... M s t r M s n :blink:

Third Degree?

Y'ver looked at the Scottish or York Rite?

You need a little patience dealing with some members of this site.

Yes, there is a Lodge in my town. My Grandfather is a Mason.

The Lodge provided a location for a memorial lunch after my Aunt died. I've seen the basement of the building, and there aren't any instruments of torture of plans for world domination. Just a kitchen and some posters for Masonic parties or something like that.