Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

The Ancient Babylonian Cult

joeycastaneda56

(The Ancient Babylonian Cult)

What is the historic relation of Babylon to the city of ***** and the ***** ******, and why should ******** be called Babylon in mystery? That the cities of ***** and Babylon were related seems to have been well known in the earlier days. It is simple to trace in the archives of history the relation of Babylon to ***** and to the ***** ******. Let us first look at the history of ancient Babylon.

This city was built bi Nimrod, the mighty hunter (Gen.10:8-10). It was the seat of the first great apostasy against God after the flood. Here the Babylonian Cult was invented by Nimrod and his queen, Semiramis. It was a system claiming the highest wisdom and ability to reveal the most divine secrets. This cult was characterized by the word "MYSTERY" because of its system of mysteries. Besides confessing to the priests at admission, one was compelled to drink of " mysterious beverages," says Salverte (Des Sciences Occultes, Page 259) was indispensable on the part of those who sought initiation these mysteries." The "mysterious beverages" were composed of wine, honey, water, and flour. They were always of an intoxicating nature, and until the aspirants had the influence of it and had their understanding dimmed they were not prepared for what they were to see and hear. The method was to introduce privately, little by little, information under seal of secrecy and sanction of oath that would be impossible to reveal otherwise. This has been the policy of the ***** ****** and the secret of the power of the priest over the lives of men whom they could expose to the world for their sins that have been confessed to them. Once admitted, men were no longer Babylonians, Assyrians, or Egyptians, but were members of a mystical brotherhood, over whom was placed a Supreme Pontiff or High Priest whose word was final in all things in the lives of the brotherhood regardless of the country in which they lived.

The ostensible objects of worship were the Super Father, the Incarnate Female, or Queen of Heaven, and her Son. The last two were really the only objects of worship, as the Supreme Father was said not to interfere with mortal affairs (Nimrod III, Page 239). This system is believed to have come from Fallen angels and demons. The object of the cult was to rule the world by these dogmas..

Part 2 will be (How the Ancient Babylonian Cult Spread).

Joey

• Replies 18
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• joeycastaneda56

• Aus Der Box Skeptisch

• The_Spartan

• SHaYap

(How the Ancient Babylonian Cult Spread)

In the days of Nimrod this cult secured a deep hold on the whole human race for it was of one language and all were one people. Nimrod gained the title "mighty Hunter" because of his success in building cities with walls to free men from the ravages of wild beast which were multiplying against men. He was called "the Apostate" because he sought to free men from the idea of God and His wrath. As a great deliverer and protector of the people and as the head of the godless civilization at that time he would naturally have great influence upon the people. He led them astray to such an extent that they gloried in the fact that they were free from the faith of their fathers.

All tradition from the earliest time bears witness of this great apostasy, which finally reached such proportions that the people defied God to send another flood to destroy them and they built a tower to escape it. The result was that God confused their language and scattered them throughtout the Earth. This Babylonian system was the one which the devil had planned to counteract the truth of God. From Babylon it spread to the ends of the Earth and have record the Abraham was chosen of God from all these nations to represent the true God. Through him God planned to bring man back to Himself. This explains how the different nations of the world have traditions and religions somewhat similar, with charges suitable to the individual nation.

After the nations were scattered abroad, Babylon continued to be the "seat of Satan" until it was taken by Xerxes in 487 B.C. The Babylonian priesthood was then forced to leave Babylon, so it moved to Pergamos, which was then headquarters for some time. When *******, the ******* and King Pergamos, died in 133 B.C. he bequeathed the headship of the Babylonian priesthood to *****. When the Etruscans came to Italy from Lydia (the region of Pergamos) that brought with them the Babylonian religion and rites. They set up a ******* who was the head of the priesthood and he had the power of life and death over them. Later, the ****** accepted this ******* as their civil ruler. Julius ****** was made the Supreme ******* of the Etruscan Order in 74 B.C. In 63 B.C. he was made Supreme ******* of the Babylonian Order, thereby becoming heir to the rights and titles of *******, who had made **** his heir by will.

Thus, the first ***** emperor became the head of the Babylonian priesthood and ***** became the successor of Babylon with Pergamos as the seat of this cult. Henceforth ****'* religion has been that of Babylon. In the year 218 A.D. the ***** army in Syria, having rebelled against ********, elected ********** emperor. This man was High Priest of the Egyptian branch of Babylonianism. He was shortly afterward chosen Supreme ******* by the ******, and thus two Western branches of the Babylonian apostasy centered in the ***** Emperors who continued to hold this office until 376 A.D. At that time, however, Emperor *******, for Christian reasons refused it, because he saw that by nature Babylonianism was idolatrous. Thus, religious matters became disorganized until it became necessary to elect someone to fill the office.

Joey

whats with all these ****** in your posts??? censored stuff??

I was wondering the same thing I am intrigued but have no clue what I'm intrigued about. Quite the funny feeling!

They are a Church, places, and people. I have to be careful that I do not break the rules. If not people will say that I am attacking their Church.

Joey

Are you saying there is a fear involved in speaking about this matter? A fear of retaliation? Introducing us to a concept is not an attack. I am unable to follow the post without pertinent information, to follow up on with study.

Are you saying there is a fear involved in speaking about this matter? A fear of retaliation? Introducing us to a concept is not an attack. I am unable to follow the post without pertinent information, to follow up on with study.

Some members will take my tread as attacking another members beliefs. It even states that in our rules that we can not even quote our rules to another member. But do take the time to read all of our rules on our site please. That is all I can say about this issue. But I have just started on this tread. As I go on it will give all a better understanding who I am talking about.

Thank you, Joey

Can you direct me to the site of which the rules are spoken of? Or (and I doubt it) were you talking about forum rules here. Joey your mysterious... :)

Can you direct me to the site of which the rules are spoken of? Or (and I doubt it) were you talking about forum rules here. Joey your mysterious... :)

Under the Forums click on "Spiritual, Religions and Beliefs" Look at the top of that page. Read where it says (Board Rules). As an older member on our site I have to keep the rules just like everyone else.

Joey

But for historical purposes the name can be given ... No? I'm off to read the rules.

Joey your still mysterious

Arrgh... On my phone and cannot seem to locate forum rules. If a mod is looking at this could this issue be clarified? Thanks in advance.

(The Babylonian Religion and ***** Christendom United)

*******, Bishop of the Christian Church at ****, was then elected to the office of supreme *******. He had been bishop for 12 years, having been made such in 366 A.D. through the influence of the monks of Mount Carmel, a college of the Babylonian religion originally founded by the priests of Jezebel and continued to this day in connection with ****. So, in 378 A.D. the Babylonian system of religion because part of Christendom, for the bishop of ****, who later become the supreme head of the organized church, was already Supreme ******* of the Babylonian Order. All the teaching of pagan Babylon and **** were gradually interspersed into the Christian religions organization. Soon after ******* was made Supreme *******, the rites of Babylon began to come to the front. The worship of the ***** Church became Babylonish, and under him the heathen temples were restorer and beautified and the rituals established. Thus, the corrupt religions system under the figure of a woman with a golden cup in her hand, making all nations drunk with her fornication, is called by God "MYSTERY, BABYLON THE GREAT."

Joey

Wait a second woman with golden cup I remember this... revelations?

well it did make me go back and read my sources of Babylon history ... still cant get the connection with the church though.

Julius 64BC ? How does that one work ? :unsure2:

headdress_01.jpg

the woman ?

Edited by third_eye

There are a number of mysteries that relate to Babylon. The first may be the way that temple prostitutes were used to manipulate people into ungodly action. It was used to satisfy the appetites of visiting men of power and as the perceived reward for the brave heroes. Sadly it was customary for women to become prostitutes of the temple prior to their wedding for a whole week.

http://www.bilderberg.org/babylon.htm

Tied in with this is the Easter bunny and the eggs which are both fertility symbols of the Mystery Babylon.

http://www.christiananswers.net/q-eden/edn-t020.html

It all stems from Nimrod, Semiramis and Tammuz and of course the tower of Babel. Who are these characters? Are they historical or mythological? Perhaps a little of both. I think there is strong evidence to tie Nimrod to Osiris or Asshur and it was from the Osirian cult that Babylon first emerged.

http://www.redmoonrising.com/Giza/index.htm

Another mystery is the meaning behind the use of names Peter and Pater. Liber Pater is Dionysus or Bacchus. Ju-Pater is none other than Jupiter and Janus is the keeper of the mysteries. Rome was a continuation of Babylon. They had been practising augury and witchcraft for two millenia by the time of Christ.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Haruspex

The last and perhaps most confusing mystery is why the Pope's Mitre so closely resembles the headgear of the priests of Dagon. The connection between the two is fairly obvious but why is it worn so openly?

http://babylon-the-great.xanga.com/653331325/item/

There is a fair bit more but imo the mysteries of Babylon are real, go back a long way and are so subtely twisted it is hard to discern fact and fiction, history and myth, what is clear is the power these beliefs had on the people and the extent that the symbols have spread and permeated culture.

Maybe he's having a stab at making us work by mimicking the Egyptians? Or perhaps a question setter for school exams?

Sorry just had to put my initial thoughts down.:innocent:

Edited by Flashbangwollap

Under the Forums click on "Spiritual, Religions and Beliefs" Look at the top of that page. Read where it says (Board Rules). As an older member on our site I have to keep the rules just like everyone else.

Joey

Joey, you do realize that this is not the Spiritual, Religions and Beliefs part of the forum, the rules here if you go to the top of this page and check them are slightly different, as they are for every part of the forum, according to it's specificities. So leaving out names, churches and places is a tad pointless.

Edit : Saving screwup, posted double, weird.

Edited by TheSearcher

Babylon

mid-14c., from Greek version of Akkad. Bab-ilani "the gate of the gods," from bab "gate" + ilani, pl. of ilu "god" (cf. Babel). The O.Pers. form, Babiru-, shows characteristic transformation of -l- to -r- in words assimilated from Semitic.

Babel

capital of Babylon, late 14c., from Heb. Babhel (Gen. ix), from Akkadian bab-ilu "Gate of God" (from bab "gate" + ilu "god"). The name is a translation of Sumerian Ka-dingir. Meaning "confused medley of sounds" (1520s) is from the biblical story of the Tower of Babel.

(How the Ancient Babylonian Cult Spread)

In the days of Nimrod this cult secured a deep hold on the whole human race for it was of one language and all were one people. Nimrod gained the title "mighty Hunter" because of his success in building cities with walls to free men from the ravages of wild beast which were multiplying against men. He was called "the Apostate" because he sought to free men from the idea of God and His wrath. As a great deliverer and protector of the people and as the head of the godless civilization at that time he would naturally have great influence upon the people. He led them astray to such an extent that they gloried in the fact that they were free from the faith of their fathers.

All tradition from the earliest time bears witness of this great apostasy, which finally reached such proportions that the people defied God to send another flood to destroy them and they built a tower to escape it. The result was that God confused their language and scattered them throughtout the Earth. This Babylonian system was the one which the devil had planned to counteract the truth of God. From Babylon it spread to the ends of the Earth and have record the Abraham was chosen of God from all these nations to represent the true God. Through him God planned to bring man back to Himself. This explains how the different nations of the world have traditions and religions somewhat similar, with charges suitable to the individual nation.

After the nations were scattered abroad, Babylon continued to be the "seat of Satan" until it was taken by Xerxes in 487 B.C. The Babylonian priesthood was then forced to leave Babylon, so it moved to Pergamos, which was then headquarters for some time. When *******, the ******* and King Pergamos, died in 133 B.C. he bequeathed the headship of the Babylonian priesthood to *****. When the Etruscans came to Italy from Lydia (the region of Pergamos) that brought with them the Babylonian religion and rites. They set up a ******* who was the head of the priesthood and he had the power of life and death over them. Later, the ****** accepted this ******* as their civil ruler. Julius ****** was made the Supreme ******* of the Etruscan Order in 74 B.C. In 63 B.C. he was made Supreme ******* of the Babylonian Order, thereby becoming heir to the rights and titles of *******, who had made **** his heir by will.

Thus, the first ***** emperor became the head of the Babylonian priesthood and ***** became the successor of Babylon with Pergamos as the seat of this cult. Henceforth ****'* religion has been that of Babylon. In the year 218 A.D. the ***** army in Syria, having rebelled against ********, elected ********** emperor. This man was High Priest of the Egyptian branch of Babylonianism. He was shortly afterward chosen Supreme ******* by the ******, and thus two Western branches of the Babylonian apostasy centered in the ***** Emperors who continued to hold this office until 376 A.D. At that time, however, Emperor *******, for Christian reasons refused it, because he saw that by nature Babylonianism was idolatrous. Thus, religious matters became disorganized until it became necessary to elect someone to fill the office.

Joey

That is interesting. Can you Private Message me the information without ********. I've studied Mystery Babylon quite extensively, but only from a historicist perspective. I took some time off to study prophecy history more collectively, so I haven't looked into Mystery Babylon at all lately. I'm open to new ideas.

What I studied more was the beast that Mystery Babylon sat on:

Seven kings and seven hills, five have fallen, one is, and one will be only for a short time. What I think is meant by that is, at the time that Mystery Babylon was drunk with the blood of the saints was not necessarily present time to John (circa 98 CE), but at a time when this religious cult was about topple over. I place that time line in the Dark Ages from the time John saw the vision to the time Rome would fall again. (98-1806). The city of seven hills was ruled by seven kingdoms which the Mystery Babylon cult had influence on since John saw the vision: The Romans, The Heruli, The Ostrogoths, The Eastern Empire, the Franks, the Germans, and the French revolutionaries. The city of Rome was very blood thirsty during the time of the German dynasties, starting with Otto the Great. It was during the German rule that the Crusades, Inquisition, and mass persecutions were carried out the most. That is also the darkest time in Church history. It was Napoleon who was elected in Rome as Emperor (forming a new empire). Napoleon later conquered Rome, dethroned the Pope, put an end to papal legislation, and disbanded the Holy Roman Empire, and putting in it's place a new federation of secular states.

Starting with the Babylonian Captivity of the Church in 1306, Europe underwent a massive tribulation during which both the Great Famine of 1315 and the Bubonic Plague claimed a quarter of Western Europe's population, changed the political status of many towns, and caused people to begin looking outside of the Roman Church more in search for meaning and spiritual understanding. This began what would soon turn into the Great Enlightenment, which was fuel for the very French Revolution that put an end to papal authority in 1806. Later the Italian king Victor Immanuel would take control of the city of Rome and the Italian government instituted a secular rule over it's territory. By the time that the Vatican became it's own authoritative branch, the Mystery Babylon cult no longer had influence of European kingdoms.

I hope this is of any help to your research.

Edited by Bluefinger