Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Movies That Are So Bad, They're Good

Bracket

oh man you guys haven`t seen nothing till you saw Trees

im not kidding thats a real moive supposed to be a retelling the jaws story but replace the shark with a killer tree

I woke up this morning and thought of another... pretty obscure... Liquid Sky... I haven't seen it in years, it's just not one of those movies you'll find at Blockbuster or playing on TBS on a Saturday afternoon.

It was about heroin addicted space aliens. VERY bad, a trainwreck really, but that movie has stuck with me since 1982 when I first saw it. LOL. Yes, it's so nauseating it's good.

Attack of the Killer Tomatoes. Haven't seen it in years, but I thought it was awesome when I was younger...

I have never gotten around to seeing that. Is it good, or should i say is it bad?

I have never gotten around to seeing that. Is it good, or should i say is it bad?

It is horrendously bad... an absolute must-see. ;)

lol, yeah those are good. When did someone mention Bubba Hotep? Because that is a great movie.

I did. :lol:

"Everyone liked Bubba Ho-tep!" to quote My Name is Bruce. Which definitely belongs on this list moreso than Bubba Ho-tep. :P

Oh yeah, I loved My Name Is Bruce! :rofl: Great movie!

Oh the other horrible movie, that' s SO frickin' awesome.... Tank Girl. I have to watch that one every time it comes on too. LOL.

Ooooh another of my faves. I watched Tank Girl over and over and over. :ph34r:

Many of the Gamera movies are cheesy, yet I love them to death.

Many of the Gamera movies are cheesy, yet I love them to death.

Same with me for Godzilla. I've seen all of them. :tu:

If you all have not seen this movie, I encourage you to see it.

It is hilarious. Simply, gut wrenching hilarious.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FoRHEeBY2-I

Ooooh myyyy that's a definite not miss. You gotta watch this if you've not seen it. Hell, come on, it's black history month. :D

BTW, I remember a movie my bro made me watch long ago called Black Roses. Cult following, was interesting, but very very BAD. :lol:

Oh oh oh how about Blackula???

As I was sitting here this morning wasting time, I thought of two other movies that are so bad they're awesome....

Oddly, both are Brendan Fraiser movies.... Blast from the Past and.... Encino Man! Love 'em both! Guilty pleasures for sure!

It is horrendously bad... an absolute must-see. ;)

As said, it's been ages since I saw it (early teens, at the oldest). But from memory (as old as that memory might be), I would agree with boony - horrendously bad... an absolute must-see :lol:

As said, it's been ages since I saw it (early teens, at the oldest). But from memory (as old as that memory might be), I would agree with boony - horrendously bad... an absolute must-see :lol:

Alright, now i have to see it. :tu:

• 4 weeks later...

It's been said before, but The Room, by the legendary Tommy Wiseau, is one of the best worst movies around. It becomes even more so with Wiseau's decision to salvage his reputation by claiming that it was meant to be a dark comedy all along. I have to say, though, much respect to him for

Here's a film that I haven't seen yet, that looks like it would fit the category:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VXX68Y7j75U

"Take the stairs..."

Mars Attacks!

Mars Attacks!

Meh, that was bad, but not necessarily good.

Tombstone

It's a western movie about the lawman Wyatt Earp and his buddies.

One of the scenes:

He already has an unrealistically hot wife, but he has a 'moment' looking at an out of place theater actress.

While out riding his horse, he runs into the other lady. She's on a horse to. She's also on a girl horse, and Wyatt Earp has a boy horse, and they comment on how the horses like each other. And then they have a race through the forest, after which they stop and sit down together in a naturally occuring uniform bed of roses and flirt.

Another scene:

There's a theater full of rowdy, drunk cowboys. The curtain is lifted and they shoot at the performer until he runs away. Than a blue-eyed actor man comes on to the stage, who is not scared when they shoot at him, and starts reciting Shakespeare. The Cowboys go quiet and end up being touched by the beautiful performance. Then, instead of applauding, they all pull out their guns and holler and shoot at the cieling. Because, you know, that's what cowboys do when they're happy. They shoot in the air.

Tombstone

It's a western movie about the lawman Wyatt Earp and his buddies.

One of the scenes:

He already has an unrealistically hot wife, but he has a 'moment' looking at an out of place theater actress.

While out riding his horse, he runs into the other lady. She's on a horse to. She's also on a girl horse, and Wyatt Earp has a boy horse, and they comment on how the horses like each other. And then they have a race through the forest, after which they stop and sit down together in a naturally occuring uniform bed of roses and flirt.

Another scene:

There's a theater full of rowdy, drunk cowboys. The curtain is lifted and they shoot at the performer until he runs away. Than a blue-eyed actor man comes on to the stage, who is not scared when they shoot at him, and starts reciting Shakespeare. The Cowboys go quiet and end up being touched by the beautiful performance. Then, instead of applauding, they all pull out their guns and holler and shoot at the cieling. Because, you know, that's what cowboys do when they're happy. They shoot in the air.

I love Tombstone. I wouldn't catagorize it as a bad movie. It was entertaining as it was suppose to be. It was never meant to win an Oscar. Althouhg I think Val Kilmer should've at least been nominated for supporting. He was awesome as Doc!

Movies I love already mentioned...

5th Element - A good movie, I think people expected it to be more science fiction and less fantasy

Mars Attacks

Tremors

Movies to add...

The Bill & Ted Movies

Weird Science

Real Genius

Youngblood

Planet of the Apes - the Tim Burton version

...and yes, Ep I - The Phantom Menace

And as for the Megan Fox vs Emmanuelle Chriqui..they both are very beautiful, but I gotta go with Kristen Bell! :wub:

Is there any movie out there that you know is terrible, but you love it anyway? That kind of movie that you hate but for some reason, if you come across it on tv, you watch it from beginning to end, laughing at how rediculous it is. :wacko:

And what is it about the movie that you think you like?

REDNECK ZOMBIES!!!

And Jesus Christ Vampire Hunter

Edited by ChloeB