Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Syria clamps down on dissent with beatings

Persia

• Replies 310
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Persia

• Knight Of Shadows

• dekker87

• Ealiar101

Nervous regime breaks up protests and sends intelligence agents round to warn civil rights activists against taking action

http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2011/feb/24/syria-crackdown-protest-arrests-beatings

sshh dont tell knight that his perfect government is supressing its people.

It's too late. Syria, Yemen, Sudan, Lebanon (Day Good Bye to Hassan FAT-olah and his Hezbollah ) Iran, Saudi Arabia.

People want democracy, people want freedom, people want to have their own political party, people want freedom for religions, people already sick of seeing one is president for life and then comes his son to follow in his footsteps.

No More Dictators .

People have already risen from a long sleep.

God is with Us.

It's too late. Syria, Yemen, Sudan, Lebanon (Day Good Bye to Hassan FAT-olah and his Hezbollah ) Iran, Saudi Arabia.

People want democracy, people want freedom, people want to have their own political party, people want freedom for religions, people already sick of seeing one is president for life and then comes his son to follow in his footsteps.

No More Dictators .

God is with Us.

I hope all turns out and your dreams of democracy will be full filled. Remember "Don't get fooled again".

I love this song truer words were never said. I am so glad I got see them when Keith Moon was alive. :gun:

Edited by Darkwind

sshh dont tell knight that his perfect government is supressing its people.

No, that never happens. It'll be biased western news sources. It'll be wrong. As always.

No More Dictators .

God is with Us.

You forgot Algeria, Behrain, Morrocco, and now Iraq. People need jobs and want better public services and are fed up with the dismal life the dictators and corrupt governments have bestowed upon them.

But this thread is about Syria. I've only seen one interview with president Assad. He seemed like a good person to me and most of what he said was intellegent and well informed. The only critisism of his policies I can offer is he's using anti-semitism and anti-americanism to keep his country unified. Which I believe will eventually cave in on itself because distractions, such as those mentioned, only work for a while. But President Assad is smart and more in tune with the peoples wishes. Facebook and youtube bans have been lifted and President Assad said he would push through political reforms aimed at initiating municipal elections, granting more power to non- governmental organisations and establishing a new media law. Sometimes you only have to give a little to gain alot.

You forgot Algeria, Behrain, Morrocco, and now Iraq.

Bahrain and Iraq have socio-religion problems and the big problem is always war between Shia and Sonni!

In Algeria we are seeing many movements for many years, the demands of the people still not well understood.

In Morocco the issue is very different, there people love their King Mohammad VI but there is much corruption and unemployment. people just want economic changes and more work.

Bahrain and Iraq have socio-religion problems and the big problem is always war between Shia and Sonni!

In Algeria we are seeing many movements for many years, the demands of the people still not well understood.

In Morocco the issue is very different, there people love their King Mohammad VI but there is much corruption and unemployment. people just want economic changes and more work.

The common theme I keep hearing from all of them is they want more job opportunities, better public services, more personal freedoms and less corruption in government. Sounds like reasonable requests in my humble opinion.

hehehehe really now ! nope perhaps later

nothing more to add KoS?

surprisingly quiet on this thread...i was looking forward to 'our man in syria' reporting events back as they happened...

Is Syria the Next Domino?

http://www.project-syndicate.org/commentary/assad1/English

(Video) Opposition says local media did not cover demonstrations due to increased government supervision; photos of hooded opposition supporters spray-painting anti-Assad graffiti surface

http://www.ynetnews.com/articles/0,7340,L-4036371,00.html