Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Nintendo DS vs PSP

Yautja

The war of the hadheld consoles, which one do you think will win? Personally, I like nintendo DS better than PSP, the double screen, touch sensitive screen and the 30 ft wireless instant messaging thing sounds great, I heard there are 120 games in development already.

In any case, I'm concerned about the battery life in the PSP. I like that it uses mini-discs because they plan to sell blank ones that you could store 1.8GB of MP3S or video on. But if the internal battery doesn't stay charged for long, it wouldn't really be worth it. Mini-CD's need to be spun really really fast, and spun constantly. That takes alot of power. Also, is sony going to be able to keep making original games

against something as innovative as the DS?

• Replies 226
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• AztecInca

• Janiel

• Neo2005

• Shakezulah

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

the PSP is gonna kick ass. im gonna buy it, i know that. ill try the DS if someone else has it, but im not that interested in it. most of the early games for both of them are going to be released on the other of the company's systems (GameCube and PS2). but after awhile, they will both have their fair share of original games.

the double screen, touch sensitive screen and the 30 ft wireless instant messaging thing sounds great, I heard there are 120 games in development already

dont forget full backwards compatibility! grin2.gif

Mini-CD's need to be spun really really fast, and spun constantly.

umm no, they only spin while loading, look at PS1 after its done loading you can open the lid and play intill it needs to load again....

Nintendo DC all the way.... its gonna kick psp butt

Still, spinning mini CD takes a lot of energy, and if the graphics are similar t PS2, it will take loads of energy, I think DS will also consume much energy but not as much as the PSP, which also may read DVD's and play MP3's, nintendo DS seems more innovative to me, the voice recognition system you may not need to press buttons to play, and the wireless communication with up to 4 DS's and touch screen seem to be able to provide more innovative games, DS using cartridges doesn't mean that it isn't a good system

DS using cartridges doesn't mean that it isn't a good system

but it is one of its weaker points...

spinning mini CD takes a lot of energy

yea for little spurts like a (for example) couple seconds for like every hour

and if the graphics are similar to PS2

then yes that'll take quite a bit of energy thats its only flaw i see...

which also may read DVD's and play MP3's

i read that they DO do mp3s but dvds im not sure about yet

voice recognition system you may not need to press buttons to play

i dont think thats gonna work at all, now its just getting too lazy, and what if your in a subway or somewhere load and busy....

and the wireless communication with up to 4 DS's

thats an idea i love...

touch screen seem to be able to provide more innovative games

but your screen would get all dirty, and what if your fingers are really big....?

so basically it depends on who you like better, nintendo, or sony...

true...there is some fan boy in me that wants the DS strictly to help Nintendo and not support its 'enemies' but, ive read about both products, and i think psp actually does seem worse than the DS...and...metroid prime: hunters...need i say more? tongue.gif

Janiel made good points there, I'll have to wait to have more info to judge both things better, in Hey you pikachu for N64 you could call pikachu a ***** and he still would remain smiling at you, I hope they do better with the DS, also, I heard the DS will have a stylus

yeah...stylus included...and u can draw on the screens if yer bored with yer games tongue.gif haha

DS all the way, I `ll be getting one of those when they come out. Nintendo rule handheld consoles and always will the PSP has many good points but its simply put not good enough to take over the market, the DS will help nintendo retain the crown for handheld consoles!!!! Anyway just my opinion, and I am a nintendo fan but I do have a PS2, although I will always be loyal to nintendo when it comes down to any game or console!!!

how is drawing on the screen a waste? i like drawing...specially when im bored with the games i have...and u can, i believe, send the pictures to other DSes in the area...just like the text msgs...u can get lil kids in trouble by makin obsene drawings and send it when u know their mommy's lookin...hehehe

its a waste of money and resources, they could do something more impressive...like up the graphics. or do something funny like make it a cell phone tongue.gif

haha, i think we learned our lesson with cell phone gaming systems...and i doubt removing a stylus from each one would be enuff money to give better graphics...tongue.gif

ha...that was so funny i forgot to laugh...excluding that first 'ha'

meh...i look at it as bein able to play cd's or dvd's on yer ps or ps2...why would u? i mean, unless u dont have one...but if u can afford a ps2, u can afford a dvd/cd player...just a perk

well its just something they threw in the ps2, but thats like asking why you can play 'em on a computer....

as for cd's on the PSP that makes perfect sence, some music on the go if you dont have a cd player (or just wanna show of)

i agree with Janiel. it does make sense to have dvd's and cd's on the psp because then you dont have to switch devices that only play cds or dvds individualy. it would also use less power to have everything in one machine. it doesnt matter if you can afford everything. the point is that its better to have it all in one place. and yeah, drawing on the game is pretty pointless. Nintendo has always been bent on making the cheapest systems for some reason, and cheaper systems usualy means they wont be as good as the more expensive system. the DS is only going to be 150 bucks where as the PSP is going to be double. the reason Nintendo systems are always so cheap is because of the lacking amount of features it has. so its only logical to go for the better system, even if it is more expensive

i agree with Janiel. it does make sense to have dvd's and cd's on the psp because then you dont have to switch devices that only play cds or dvds individualy. it would also use less power to have everything in one machine. it doesnt matter if you can afford everything. the point is that its better to have it all in one place. and yeah, drawing on the game is pretty pointless. Nintendo has always been bent on making the cheapest systems for some reason, and cheaper systems usualy means they wont be as good as the more expensive system. the DS is only going to be 150 bucks where as the PSP is going to be double. the reason Nintendo systems are always so cheap is because of the lacking amount of features it has. so its only logical to go for the better system, even if it is more expensive

thank you HetericDude finally someone sees it my way.

Nintendo=Economy

Sony PlayStaion=Quality

its been like that since PS1 and N64

thats why nintendo has been dying since GC's debut

Sony simply had more money for their products thru dvd players cd/mp3 players and so on (TV'S)

Nintendo is stuck using only the money they make from their video game products...

so the DS is an improvement on the SP? or what? .....does anybody have a link to it?

i still dont have an sp and i want one

Nintendo is stuck using only the money they make from their video game products...

good point.

so the DS is an improvement on the SP? or what? .....does anybody have a link to it?

i still dont have an sp and i want one

DS is the new hand held its not a gameboy...