Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Nintendo DS vs PSP

Yautja

I did put it in the Trivia, i put it under non-released because it was never released.

There's a NEW one comming out, they've just started working on it as far as i know.

• Replies 226
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• AztecInca

• Janiel

• Neo2005

• Shakezulah

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

there was supposta be a new 3D-ish one for GBA a long time ago. i saw a screen of it and it looked cool. it was never released tho. and REG was released. at least it was here

In NA? I never seen it, i've asked numerous times at places like Electronics Boutique and they all say it was never released. I'd like to see a source or something saying it was released in NA.

ive actualy seen it in stores tho. ill try to find somewhere where it says it was released

Wow. I'd love to get my hands on it. You're sure it was for GBA? And you're sure it wasn't just the Resident Evil original that was remade for Gameboy?

REG was for gameboy color. i read the review on it so i know it was a new game. but why would you want that piece of crap?

Just saw the latest pictures of the DS and it looks sweetttttttttttttt!

I could care less about its graphics, its games and extra features do all the talking for it!

REG was for gameboy color. i read the review on it so i know it was a new game. but why would you want that piece of crap?

269178[/snapback]

Some day i plan on buying Dead Aim and Survivor.

They may be pieces of horse****, but hey, they're Resident Evil damnit.

Just saw the latest pictures of the DS and it looks sweetttttttttttttt!

I could care less about its graphics, its games and extra features do all the talking for it!

269939[/snapback]

yeah, its slick, huh?

drool....... w00t.gif

But for how long!? Nothing lasts forever Nintendo aren`t down and out yet!

............................................ They shall arise from the ashes!

If anyone can do it, Nintendo can!

thats what they said about sega....
They had sonic as their supporting character....what a mistake.....because Sonic games weren't that fun like Mario games.....

That picture above is a screwed advertisement. Your just lucky nintendo doesn't do that disgust.gif .....

Nintendo brought gaming into this world....which eventually tempted Microsoft and Sony....o why do the other companies prosper crying.gif !!

In my opinion, Nintendo is funner.

Edited by Hailo_hellFIRE

And then look at what happened to atari, nintendo took the video games industry and made soemthing of it, they made it popular and mainstream with all their charcaters, games and ingenuity! They made it what it is today! Atari began it and nintendo made something of it!

it wasnt even atari...i may be mistaken, but it was, technically, a pinball game called baffleball...but, it was sega...started by david rosen...he created the first coin op arcade games...even further than that tho, sum student in a computer programming class made THE first interactive videogame called spacewar. and the very first home cosole was called oddysey...then came channel F...tho, atari 2600 was the first console to really get the public's attention. then commodore 64, then...FAMICOM!!!! followed by NES grin2.gif and the first handheld system was made by microvision and milton bradley...i dont know what it was called tho.

but n e ways, i just read an article about DS...if u have 2 in wireless connection...dont go near a pacemaker...lol

Edited by tendo

only if theyre wirelessly connected with a pace maker close by...but thats only a rumor...hasnt been confirmed haha

May just have to test that theory now on one of my teachers, muwhahahahahah........ah never mind!

US debut for Nintendo DS gadget

Nintendo has announced more details of its up-coming new two-screen portable gaming device, the Nintendo DS.

For the first time the gaming giant, which dominates the portable games market, is releasing such a device in the US before Japan.

The gadget will go on sale on 21 November in the US and 2 December in Japan. Europe will see the device on sale sometime at the start of 2005.

Rival Sony is set to release its portable PSP at the end of the year.

It is widely expected to go on sale in Japan first, however.

Nintendo also announced the DS will have a price tag in the US of $149.99 (£84), and 15,000 yen in Japan (£76).

It already announced a 20% price cut on its popular GameBoy Advance SP in an attempt to reinforce its position as the dominant portable gaming device.

GameBoys have commonly attracted a wide range of gamers, with its different colours and relatively inexpensive price tag.

The DS has a sleeker design and will be launched in silver and black. When the device was announced in January, it was stressed that it was not meant to be the successor to the GameBoy Advance.

Satoru Iwata, president of Nintendo, said the idea behind the DS was to "expand the game experience" and build a "road map" for the future of gaming, according to what gamers demand.

Portable gaming is a lucrative and growing market for the big games console makers.

There is also an increasing effort from major games companies to target their efforts on mobile gaming.

Nokia has launched its N-Gage devices and others, like Gizmondo and Tapwave Zodiac, are moving into the market too.

Games console makers tend to start making announcements on price and availability of their wares in the run-up to the busy Christmas period, which is a big market for them.

In 2003, global £10.1bn ($18.2bn) was spent on gaming, according to a report by analysts Screen Digest. It predicts that this will grow to £11.7bn ($21.1bn) by 2007.

Touch and voice

The Nintendo DS has two separate screens so that players can check maps, whilst the game is being played on the other screen, for instance.

At 148.7mm (5.85 inches) wide, 84.7mm (3.33 inches) long, and 28.9mm (1.13 inches) tall, the device also has a wireless range of 30 to 100ft (nine to 30m), which means that multiple users can play multiplayer games using one DS game card.

It also has a touch screen and an embedded microphone for voice recognition control, and has a chat software that lets up to 16 users chat at once.

Games will come from 100 different companies which have already agreed to develop titles for the device.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/technology/3675922.stm

the new nintendo thing really bugs me though....the double screen would get really distracting. but i must try 1st tongue.gif