Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Blue skin people

Big Bad Voodoo

Tlaloc-Aztec god

Tlaloc_Coll_Goupil.jpg

tlaloc.jpg

tlaloc.jpg

Ptah-Egyptian god

Ptah.jpg

PTAH+ET+SON+EPOUSE+SEKHMET+ENTOURENT+PHARAON.jpg

Vishnu-Hindu god

Vishnu.jpg

God+Vishnu.jpg

Tatnen-Egyptian god

tatenen.jpg

Kali-Hindu god

hindu-gods-kali.jpg

Edited by the L

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Big Bad Voodoo

• SHaYap

• Abramelin

• Blues Girl

Amun-Egyptian god

rameses2_amun_khons_mut.jpg

amun_nebket_pharaoh.jpg

Yama –lord of death in India Tibet Japan China Korea

yama_tibet.jpg

yama.jpg

Krishna

avatar of Vishnu and in some monotheistic traditions considered the Supreme Being. Krishna is identified as a historical individual who participated in the events of the Mahābhārata.

krishna_0.jpg

Krishna_with_flute.jpg

krishna.jpg

Meister_der_Bh%C3%A2gavata-Pur%C3%A2na-Handschrift_001.jpg

There were also green gods, purple gods, yellow gods, and red gods.

Usually it had to do with what part they played in the pantheon, for example P'tah is actually green, and is represented as a bearded mummy.

Osiris is lord of the Underworld, and is also colored similarly.

Strictly guessing here, but in effort to distinguish the gods from mortal man in images, as well as in reenactments and plays, it stands to reason color was one tool to separate them.

Edited by ShadowSot

in ancient times blue is one of the rarest natural color available from nature thus also valued the most,

purple being the most valued natural dye and color that one can wear is often reserved for only the highest honored,

in ancient times blue is one of the rarest natural color available from nature thus also valued the most,

purple being the most valued natural dye and color that one can wear is often reserved for only the highest honored,

Very good answer. Too much is read into ancient art and literature with a modern viewpoint - UFOs in the bible or in renaissance art etc. You need to look at these things in the context in which they were produced.

I have to disagree. For example Mayan.

blue-maya-warrior.jpg

Also if gold is ingested you will turn blue. I have linked the picture before but google blue man gold or something like that. (Not referring to the blue man group) lol can't link now but it is definitely an honorable mention.

@ShadowSot

Ptah is green? Why did Egyptians painted blue?

Also there are people with "yellow" and "red" skins.

@JGIRL

My favourite cartoon as a kid.

Aksobhya is one of the five cosmic Buddhas

aksb1.jpg

Samantabhadra Yabyum

Samanatabhadra (Tibetan: kun tu zang po) imbosom his consort, also called: Dharmakaya Samantabhadra.

The primordial Buddha of the Nyingma School. Samantabhadra is renowned as the "first buddha,"(Adi-buddha) since he is the primordial perfection of all enlightened qualities, and is the ruler, or guru, of all buddhas. Samantabhadra is the originally pure state of supreme emptiness-the ground of being for all beings and all buddhas-in the form of a deity with face and hands. He is the symbol for the fact that mind is imbued with the seed of buddhahood.

samb1.jpg

Medicine Buddha

Medicine Buddha (Sanskrit: Bhaishajyaguru. Tibetan: sang gye men la. English: the Buddha, Guru of Medicine).

meb1.jpg

Vajrapani(Chana Dorje)

Vajrapani (Tibetan: chag na dor je. English: the Vajra Holder): wrathful Tutelary Deity, representing the power of all Buddhas.

Blue in colour, with one face and two hands he holds aloft in the right a golden vajra.

vapb.jpg

Chakrasamvara

Chakrasamvara (Tibetan: kor lo de chog) with the consort Vajra Varahi (Tib.: dorje pag mo).

chakb1.jpg

Vajrabhairava

vahb1.jpg

Also if gold is ingested you will turn blue. I have linked the picture before but google blue man gold or something like that. (Not referring to the blue man group) lol can't link now but it is definitely an honorable mention.

e2szWQjMkqilhg9eOtwV9vPxo1_500.jpg

Paul Karason

I have to disagree. For example Mayan.

of course you disagree

otherwise you wouldn't be posting all these

I did Fine Arts, Art History, Color Theory and Graphics for eight years at college

your maya warrior was also using the Blue color as a distinction as "tribe" while others were using the distinction of as reverence, still it's a reference to "status"

colors has symbolic meanings too though today its lost in the mass produced madness that is media today

go back just a hundred years and you'll understand how just how difficult it is to get colors in your life

especially certain colors, blue usually is from minerals hence regarded as higher knowledge than the other more common colors usually from plants

go back just a hundred years and you'll understand how just how difficult it is to get colors in your life

especially certain colors, blue usually is from minerals hence regarded as higher knowledge than the other more common colors usually from plants

yet ancient people have been able to produce blue color.

Edited by the L

yet ancient people have been able to produce blue color.

yes i know, it doesn't mean that its not still difficult just a hundred years ago...

humans were working with colors since cave and wall paintings ...

My link

He turned blue from ingesting silver... which was an ancient healing remedy..

http://www.stoptherobbery.com/MetalsForHealth.html

The Indian Ayurveda describes storing water in a copper vessel overnight and drinking it in the mornings for its

many health benefits. Silver vessels were also used to give water powerful antibacterial, antiviral and antifungal

properties. Ancient Egyptians drank water from gold vessels to raise consciousness, IQ and as a means to

relax the body and mind.

Copper is a micronutrient needed for red blood cell synthesis, protein and RNA metabolism, enzyme activity,

hair, skin colour and the overall good health of nerves. It can be used to stay young, healthy and has been found

to strengthen blood and improve all aspects of the body’s circulatory system. It also improves skin elasticity, reduces wrinkles and can even stop and reverse the process of hairs turning grey. Copper is also an

extremely effective remedy for parasites and arthritis.

Silver is an excellent metal for all around good health. It is arguably the most effective antibiotic known to man.

For centuries silver coins were often placed in a glass of milk as a means of preservation.

It can be consumed as a defence against germs, viruses, bacteria, allergens and pathogens.

Silver was used from the beginning of civilization up until the early 20th century to keep wounds clean of

infection and as a means to accelerate healing. It works by instantly destroying pathogens by means

of suffocation without leaving any surviving microbes to mutate or become immune.

I wonder where the term Blue Bloods came from when refering to the ruling class?

References to ancient Blue People?

They did eat and drink with silver and Gold .

I wonder where the term Blue Bloods came from when refering to the ruling class?

References to ancient Blue People?

They did eat and drink with silver and Gold .

Me too. From where came that term anyway?

Also here is link to Argyria. Blue skin disoreder.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Argyria

We hear color symbol in previous posts, I wonder did Blue people symbolize people from the sea. Maybe Atlantis. Just thought.

Paul Karason drank large quantities of homemade silver chloride that he thought was colloidal silver.

A thought--blue gods might have a connection to death since a dead body can have a gray/blue hue for awhile.

I've never heard of blue being a difficult color to achieve. It certainly wasn't much of a challenge in the Near East, and the Egyptians used and developed blue pigments throughout their entire history. One of the most common sources was azurite, a blue carbonate of copper, which came both from the Sinai and from locations in the Eastern Desert. Blue was also commonly used in frit consisting of a crystalline compound of silica, copper, and calcium (Lucas & Harris 1962: 340). This frit was an extremely common compound that's similar to pottery and the Egyptians used it for everything from funerary figurines to votive statuettes to jewelry.

Purple is something else. It's not something typically seen in Egyptian artwork, although I don't know that it would be all that difficult of a color to achieve given the correct mineral components. Where I think purple was rarer was as a dye for clothing, which in fact was difficult and very costly to achieve. I believe it was the Phoenicians who specialized in this, drawing the component for the dye from a species of marine life. Only the wealthiest people could afford clothes of this color (tyrian purple).

A deity of a certain color was usually shown with that color for a specific reason; that is, the color symbolized something. For example, Osiris was usually shown with skin of black or green due to his fertility associations with the Nile Valley, the black representing the dark soil and the green the abundant crops.

Amun (see the L's avatar) was often shown with a blue face, which is thought to reflect this god's associations with the air (Wilkinson 2003: 95). But it wasn't always so. In earlier periods Egyptian deities were more often shown with reddish-brown skin, in the same manner that mortal men were portrayed. It was only following the Amarna Period that Amun was regularly shown with blue skin.