Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Bio energy

Energy knowledge  

16 members have voted

1. 1. have you ever heard of bioenergy?

2. 2. did you know it can explain vampires witches etc..

3. 3. How would you describe you knowledge of occult rituals

• Don't know a darn thing
    • Know a little
    • Know a fair bit
    • Know alot
    • Know almost everything

They said she was dead.

She was found alive and well.

She may have "appeared" to be dead. Its strange they would get so many detail's correct.

It may not necessarily be definitive proof, but it sure sounds odd...

• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• HerNibs

• Setton

• Copasetic

She may have "appeared" to be dead. Its strange they would get so many detail's correct.

Seriously? "Appeared" to be dead.

She was kidnapped and traveling with nutjobs.

Regardless, it is a failure of remote viewing.

Just as an added FYI - they refuse the JREF Challenge.

So far, no evidence. Some stories but nothing with any support.

Nibs

Regardless, it is a failure of remote viewing.

Nibs

A failure of remote viewing? I thought you said such things were impossible....

now you are confusing me.

I'm still wondering about my previous questions -

Where is this energy created? How is it stored and received?

Nibs

A failure of remote viewing? I thought you said such things were impossible....

now you are confusing me.

Confusing you? Not sure why.

I'm showing where a group that says they can "remote view" failed at doing so.

Nibs

I'm still wondering about my previous questions -

Where is this energy created? How is it stored and received?

Nibs

I can't give you definite answers(you still think it is impossible) but as far as the theoretical answers go,

The energy is "created" (taken from somewhere around of course not created in the literal sense)as the first cells begin to develop,

Your bio-energy begins to dissipate as you start getting older (Bio-energy-body are connected, one thing affects the other)It is stored within you

and your cells. It is not received in any other way. Your Bio-energy makes a field, some may call it an aura.

Are you referring to the remote viewing experiments conducted by the CIA? The ones that were cancelled due to lack of results?

Can you supply a source for this? I did a few searches on Scholar and nothing came up about failed programs. Several partially successful ones but nothing that was an abject failiure.

Can you supply a source for this? I did a few searches on Scholar and nothing came up about failed programs. Several partially successful ones but nothing that was an abject failiure.

I already posted a couple links. The project is called Project Stargate. There were a few successes, but mostly just failures. The successes, furthermore, were pretty vague successes. In the end, the program was cancelled because the information obtained was not reliable.

I already posted a couple links. The project is called Project Stargate. There were a few successes, but mostly just failures. The successes, furthermore, were pretty vague successes. In the end, the program was cancelled because the information obtained was not reliable.

Sorry, missed that post.

I'm not sure how you come to the conclusion that this was a failiure though. From the two sources you gave, one is biased, the other (wikipedia) somewhat unreliable but nevertheless only mentions successes had by the programme. Do you have any academic sources about the project that make you say it was a failiure? I've had a look but they all seem to say more or less the same as the wikipedia article.

Bio-energy, can be converted into any other type of energy (i.e. light to heat, bio-energy to heat)

Therefore it can explain how "psychics" can affect the world with their will, they simply convert some of their bio-energy into something else.

Bio-energy is just another name for bio-fuel.

(i.e. heat to cook something) Nearly every occult/magical society bases things on "energy". Seems too much of a coincidence.

That can be put down to lack of education.

Why do cells make up a human organism?

Chemistry does not answer that.

What do you mean why? Cells are the only thing living. If we were made up of iron, we would not be alive.

Here's some evidence. It doesn't directly back up the bio-energy theory (still needs a new name!!! :) ) but it does show that things happen that current biology cannot explain.

http://www.bmj.com/content/329/7480/1459.full

http://www.sciencedirect.com/science?_ob=ArticleURL&_udi=B6X01-4NSX9SK-B&_user=121711&_coverDate=08%2F31%2F1979&_rdoc=1&_fmt=high&_orig=gateway&_origin=gateway&_sort=d&_docanchor=&view=c&_searchStrId=1658978528&_rerunOrigin=scholar.google&_acct=C000009978&_version=1&_urlVersion=0&_userid=121711&md5=10327cb874428dadede951453c26f6ab&searchtype=a

Might be able to find some more later. These are just the first ones I came across in a quick search.

Of course there are things that current biology cannot explain and when some of those are answered, more questions will be found. That is the way of things, it does not mean we should go looking for the supernatural.

Anyone wonder why the link didn't work?

It wasn't a link, it was the address. Links are in blue.

it didn't work because the address wasn't valid.

Bio-energy is just another name for bio-fuel.

That can be put down to lack of education.

I am very interested in rewneable energy sources and the problems of climate change.

I've researched electric fuel cells that convert hydrogen and oxygen to water and thus produce electricity (like electrolysis but working in the opposite order)

I've researched nuclear fusion reactors that use very high temperature to make a mini star and hold it in a magnetic field.

I've researched the newest photovoltaic solar panels including the new plastic ones that are cheaper and more efficient than the old silicon cells.

I've researched hydro energy which is the oldest form of rewneable energy there is.

I've done research on bio-fuels and how they are supposed to be carbon neutral.

My parents were researchers.

And you say I have no education? Seriously, skepticism is one thing, Insulting a person because you don't agree with them is quite another.

so was she just mostly dead? like in princess bride?

Of course there are things that current biology cannot explain and when some of those are answered, more questions will be found. That is the way of things, it does not mean we should go looking for the supernatural.

Nobody is suggesting anything supernatural. I'm not sure where you got the idea from but the whole idea of this thread is that there is an energy people can use to do things that may in the past have seemed supernatural. That word gets used far too much to mean 'something current science cannot explain'

I am very interested in rewneable energy sources and the problems of climate change.

I've researched electric fuel cells that convert hydrogen and oxygen to water and thus produce electricity (like electrolysis but working in the opposite order)

I've researched nuclear fusion reactors that use very high temperature to make a mini star and hold it in a magnetic field.

I've researched the newest photovoltaic solar panels including the new plastic ones that are cheaper and more efficient than the old silicon cells.

I've researched hydro energy which is the oldest form of rewneable energy there is.

I've done research on bio-fuels and how they are supposed to be carbon neutral.

My parents were researchers.

And you say I have no education? Seriously, skepticism is one thing, Insulting a person because you don't agree with them is quite another.

Mate, that wasn't referring to you. The 'lack of education' comment was referring to why so many cultures believe there is some kind of energy people can tap into.

Mate, that wasn't referring to you. The 'lack of education' comment was referring to why so many cultures believe there is some kind of energy people can tap into.

So that comment was calling countless civilizations stupid? They might not have Iphones, that doesn't mean they are stupid.

So that comment was calling countless civilizations stupid? They might not have Iphones, that doesn't mean they are stupid.

A lack of education doesn't mean that some one is stupid. It means that the person hasn't learned the skills or obtained all the knowledge needed to reach a solid conclusion.

It's the same way folklore builds up. Hair and nails growing after death is an example.

Nibs

A lack of education doesn't mean that some one is stupid. It means that the person hasn't learned the skills or obtained all the knowledge needed to reach a solid conclusion.

It's the same way folklore builds up. Hair and nails growing after death is an example.

Nibs

Not every supernatural story is folklore and mass hysteria.

People seem to think Bio-energy is a bad name..

Can I have some recommendations? please no "life force" or "life energy" stuff, I don't want mysticism.

The problem being that the way you are describing your "force" is precisely the way that New Agers and mystics describe the "life force" or " life energy" you are talking about.

Perhaps you can tell us what the differences are, so that we can better define what you are talking about?

The problem being that the way you are describing your "force" is precisely the way that New Agers and mystics describe the "life force" or " life energy" you are talking about.

Perhaps you can tell us what the differences are, so that we can better define what you are talking about?

The theory isn't what is different, But the way I look at it.

While New agers and mysticism's treat this force as being mystic and supernatural,

I regard it as something we haven't yet discovered. So the reason I don't want to

call it life force is because I don't regard as supernatural but rational.

Edited by 0011235813

The theory isn't what is different, But the way I look at it.

While New agers and mysticism's treat this force as being mystic and supernatural,

I regard it as something we haven't yet discovered. So the reason I don't want to

call it life force is because I don't regard as supernatural but rational.

Okay, so you are postulating an imaginary force, that leaves no evidence...To explain things pretty well explained through science and biology.....to answer questions that you don't understand the answers too.

Why again is it not supernatural?....

The better question would be, Aquatus, why is this in the Paleontology and Archaeology section? And even better; why is it in the science section at all? We are not talking science here, and most certainly the science of paleontology or archaeology--We are however, talking about faeries at the bottom of the garden.

Edited by Copasetic

Okay, so you are postulating an imaginary force, that leaves no evidence...To explain things pretty well explained through science and biology.....to answer questions that you don't understand the answers too.

Why again is it not supernatural?....

The better question would be, Aquatus, why is this in the Paleontology and Archaeology section? And even better; why is it in the science section at all? We are not talking science here, and most certainly the science of paleontology or archaeology--We are however, talking about faeries at the bottom of the garden.

I agree it doesn't belong in the palaeontology, Archaeology and History section. That's it.

1. You say 'an imaginary force that leaves no evidence' - read the thread and you will find links to evidence both for and against.

2. You say 'things pretty well explained through science and biology' - again, read the thread. If they were explained by current science, we would not be having this discussion.

3. It is not supernatural because he is looking for a scientific explaination for it. Read the post you quoted.

4. We are not talking 'faeries at the bottom of the garden'. We are talking about finding a scientific reason for phenomena that have been reported for centuries.

Any clearer?