Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Dolphins help save Dog

thedutchiedutch

Sailors have always told stories of dolphins guiding lost ships, chasing off killer sharks and assisting drowning victims, so why not save a drowning dog?

That is exactly what happened Monday afternoon on Marco Island. The 11-year-old Doberman, Turbo, found himself drowning in a neighborhood canal.

Two dolphins splashed furiously enough to finally grab the attention of Sam Dalessandro.

LINK TO FULL ARTICLE AND SOURCE : http://news.gather.com/viewArticle.action?articleId=281474979100634

• Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• chaoszerg

• d e v i c e

• Lilly

• Funky Poacher

Top Posters In This Topic

such intelligent and compassionate beings... JAPAN STOP THE SLAUGHTER

AND DENMARK. Or me and SolarPlexus will form a Green Army Malitia. Then there'll be trouble

Edited by Evilution13

such intelligent and compassionate beings... JAPAN STOP THE SLAUGHTER

They are actually quite sadistic and nasty.

Maybe dolphins are like people? Some are nice/compassionate and some are sadistic/nasty? :unsure2:

They actually enjoy wearing monocles and going to tea. I have proof to back up my claims, do you? You can't make such flippant comments without any facts to back it up. Every animal could seem to be 'sadistic and nasty' by a human's definition.

They actually enjoy wearing monocles and going to tea. I have proof to back up my claims, do you? You can't make such flippant comments without any facts to back it up. Every animal could seem to be 'sadistic and nasty' by a human's definition.

Here is one vid, this one is not the best that shows what they can be really like.

http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=e65_1186275383

They rape and kill for fun.

I will look for the documentary that dealt with their nasty side. It was much better than that vid above.

Here is one vid, this one is not the best that shows what they can be really like.

I will look for the documentary that dealt with their nasty side. It was much better than that vid above.

Humans rape and kill for fun too.

That doesn't mean the entire species is like that.

Edited by Chronii

Yeah, I saw that, too. Was it the one that had them killing baby dolphins as well? Where they would toss them around amongst themselves violently like some sort of living beach ball until they were pretty much beaten to death? :unsure2: That documentary made me terrified of dolphins.

Dolphins, like humans.. have multiple sides. They can be aggressive, and they can be helpful. *shrugs* All animals (including humans) are unpredictable.

Sexual aggression is used by countless species for dominance. That still does not make dolphins as a whole unworthy of being able to be admired when they *do* help a stranded swimmer or animal.. or make friends with one.. As was pointed out, humans rape as well. Should all humans be seen as sadistic and cruel?

Dolphins are incredible. Humans of the sea but without the cities and weapons to murder eachother with, but besides that they are pretty much humans in the form of a silly looking fishie!

I read somewhere even the ancient Greeks recorded cases of dolphins saving people from drowning. I think all animals are worthy of our protection. We're all in this together.

Their splashing furiously does not necessarily mean that they were trying to attract attention to save the dog. Maybe they were trying to call their friend dolphin with the video phone over to record the dog drowning?

Love to play devil's advocate but I've also seen no evidence to support the flippant remarks that they're intelligent and compassionate beings, or that they actually intended to save the dog.