Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

UM's past site designs

UM-Bot

grr :o im so mad i hadnt seen this on time! HAPPY belated BIRTHDAY UM ^_^ !!!! this is the site i mostly get on, when i do get a chance to get on my comp. :lol::lol: cheers!

i gotta confess, i joined on 07, but i was always lurking around the site since around 05 or so, till one day i had something to say so i decided to join lol

Edited by Aubrienne_Ellyrias

Blue/Grey design for me as well.

This is more of a birthday than anniversary song, but it's my favorite.

It's great looking through these.

I first started coming here sometime in 2003, forgotten what it looked like then.

• 5 months later...

The pre-era page I totally could've seen using Prodigy browser on my 486. Will have to wait until this post goes through to remember what era of design I first saw.

Ah, the '08.

Edited by Jerry Only
  • Like 1

Wow! I'd completely forgotten how the site used to look when I first signed up. It's amazing how much this place has truly grown over the years.

Edit* Oh yeah, I started here when the site had just changed to the blue/gray I think.

Edited by MedicTJ

• 3 months later...

I started visiting the site 2001-2002.

I think I even joined but didn't know how the message board thing worked. I was still hanging out in chatrooms. :rolleyes:

When I tried looking for it again in 2004, I found this one and thought maybe it was a different site. Looks like I had it right. I wish I could remember my first screen name or even the email address I joined with. I wonder if it would even work...

I LOVE UM! Happy Birthday!! :wub:

Most of the time I was on UM for 3 or 4 years except I became a regular poster for the last 2 yaers, I only remember the blue-grey scheme :alien: ...and an occassional small revamp. I expect the UM site's design to change again when they enter its' 11th year.

You really did a great job with this site over the years. I remember when you first installed the IPB forums and you had under 500 members, it sure has grown!

• 1 year later...

I began coming here as a viewer back in 2002 during the Dark blue era, but didn't become a member till 2003 during the blue grey era. My oh my how times have changed throughout the years. I still remember my 3 day ban I got from Magikman until Saru finally uplifted it. :nw: It seemed like an eternity, and it was only 3 days Lolz!!! I was a little internet warrior back then hahahaha

• 2 weeks later...

In my day the site was painted on the side of a cave wall. Its come a long way :yes:

• Like 5

Yeah Subby, I recall those cave times as well! Chowing down on mammoth burgers and logging onto UM...good times, good times!

• Like 3

True. It wasn't as good when Saru installed Cave 2.0 and he started bringing in Tofu.

• Like 3

• 1 month later...

Oww..I've never seen this thread before .

So,you mean ,we still aren't in blue grey days ?

^_^

I say make is rainbow psychedelic once a year ....heh .Make everyone think they've put LSD in the water ...

^_^

I can't even remember joining!

You were probably wasted and thought you were joining a dating site, that's how they got me!

• Like 2

By the way.. I still haven't hooked up with anyone yet.

Edited by xsas
  • Like 2

• 2 months later...

I found one post in this thread that mentioned it was really an achievement that this site has lasted 10 years. :yes:

I think we all need to take a minute here and thank the creators and the moderators of this forum. :clap:

I haven't been a member all that long but I can say there are a couple of times I've needed help. I don't know who you are but each time you have been right there to both support me and to correct the problem.

Can we all join in a round of applause please !!! I hope they can all hear it !! :st Good job !!! :tsu:

• Like 9

• 3 weeks later...

I must have joined in the blue/grey after reading a few replies on this topic ..even though it seemed from memory to be just grey with black text in 2004 ??? however as stated previously a huge thank you to Saruman & all the Moderaters ..so many happy discussions over the years especially with Talon regarding Military History discussions and one I have since forgotten his name (but he had the most posts here back then) and we discussed Zombie Movies a lot :D (Arggh his name is like right there yet I cant bring it to mind !!!)

I must have joined in the blue/grey after reading a few replies on this topic ..even though it seemed from memory to be just grey with black text in 2004 ??? however as stated previously a huge thank you to Saruman & all the Moderaters ..so many happy discussions over the years especially with Talon regarding Military History discussions and one I have since forgotten his name (but he had the most posts here back then) and we discussed Zombie Movies a lot :D (Arggh his name is like right there yet I cant bring it to mind !!!)

Finally I remember him, his name here was Burnside !!!!

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

Can't recall the theme when I joined but it's all good.

Happy 10th, UM and all the mods and staffers, too

• Like 1

• The title was changed to UM's past site designs