Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

are aliens our future selves?

does anybody else think it could be possible that aliens could actually be us (humans) from the future that have come back in time for some reason maybe to save us from extinction, because in the future they would of worked out a massive amount more than we have so far so they would probably be likely to be able to time travel and do some pretty amazing things so maybe they have come back to watch over us or help us through this time. any comments about this welcome

• Like 1

does anybody else think it could be possible that aliens could actually be us (humans) from the future that have come back in time for some reason maybe to save us from extinction, because in the future they would of worked out a massive amount more than we have so far so they would probably be likely to be able to time travel and do some pretty amazing things so maybe they have come back to watch over us or help us through this time. any comments about this welcome

Actually I have thought about that a lot. And IMO it sounds plausible. Ya never know what the future holds. I've discussed this with my husband many times.

Yes, I think that is very possible. I think that most true encounters are either with Zetas, time-traveling humans, or interdimensional beings. There are theoretically 11 dimensions.

I think it's a posibility, but where in human history do we see their intervention, and what have they done for us lately?

Consider your statement. How could our future selves be coming back to save us from extinction? If we go extinct there is nobody left to come back here.

But, let's take this logically. The Sun is moving through space in a determined rate of speed and traveling in a known direction. The Earth and the planets are all orbiting around the Sun in predictable ways, at relatively high rates of speed. Also, the Earth rotates and has the Moon orbiting it as well. The physical point that I am standing right now is, in reality, thousands or millions of miles from the point I was at when I was born, even if I am at that same location on the surface of Earth. Time travel implies that the traveler not only has to make the leap through time, but also through space as well.

Think also of the physical stuff of what is actually involved in making such a leap. Assume that I have built my spaceship-time machine and I'm ready to go. First, I need to know that at the point I want to reach there is nothing already there. I wouldn't want to have even a pea-sized rock in my chest when I materialized in the past. Second, I want to be able to come back to my starting point. What happens if I change something? Is it possible for me to go home? It's the old go back in time and kill your ancestor paradox. The Butterfly Effect has merit in this discussion.

All of this said, it could be as simple as our future selves simply wanting to document history, or to gather DNA for study or other reasons. It would be really awesome to go back to the Ice Age and actually see what the Earth looked like, who really lived here and where, and the flora and fauna. Gathering that kind of DNA for use today would be a gold mine for health, medicine, and so much more.

• Like 1

Consider your statement. How could our future selves be coming back to save us from extinction? If we go extinct there is nobody left to come back here.

But, let's take this logically. The Sun is moving through space in a determined rate of speed and traveling in a known direction. The Earth and the planets are all orbiting around the Sun in predictable ways, at relatively high rates of speed. Also, the Earth rotates and has the Moon orbiting it as well. The physical point that I am standing right now is, in reality, thousands or millions of miles from the point I was at when I was born, even if I am at that same location on the surface of Earth. Time travel implies that the traveler not only has to make the leap through time, but also through space as well.

Think also of the physical stuff of what is actually involved in making such a leap. Assume that I have built my spaceship-time machine and I'm ready to go. First, I need to know that at the point I want to reach there is nothing already there. I wouldn't want to have even a pea-sized rock in my chest when I materialized in the past. Second, I want to be able to come back to my starting point. What happens if I change something? Is it possible for me to go home? It's the old go back in time and kill your ancestor paradox. The Butterfly Effect has merit in this discussion.

All of this said, it could be as simple as our future selves simply wanting to document history, or to gather DNA for study or other reasons. It would be really awesome to go back to the Ice Age and actually see what the Earth looked like, who really lived here and where, and the flora and fauna. Gathering that kind of DNA for use today would be a gold mine for health, medicine, and so much more.

maybe without their help there will be no future. or the future dramatically alters unless we recieve their help it could happen similar to the back to the future movies. also in the future everything we now understand as facts will all have changed so who knows what gravity space and time would be like... amybe they dont even have physical bodies anymore, they could be millions of years in front of us and its unimaginable what they would be capable of, maybe the theory that there is no time, no past future or present it could all be happening in different dimensions so they could slip in and out of any time period at their will with them being so far advanced than we are... anything is possible. i agree with you that we could be being monitered or more so i believe we are being monitered but not sure what for and whether its a good or bad thing for us.

what is logic anyway? whats logical to us now will seem stupid and uninformed in 100 years. we are only just beginning to become aware of the real truth

The thought of something/someone coming back in time is mind blowing. That would mean everything we do is a formality because the very fact that they are coming from the future means the future is happening right now. Granted anything could be possible but there is something about that thought that I can't quite get my head round.

The thought of something/someone coming back in time is mind blowing. That would mean everything we do is a formality because the very fact that they are coming from the future means the future is happening right now. Granted anything could be possible but there is something about that thought that I can't quite get my head round.

yes i feel the same i think if something like that was happening i dont really fully understand it but i think it would be beyond our comprehension at this stage in our evolution, but also what we are doing may not be just a formality or already written in history because as humans we have free will and maybe they are here trying to guide us in the right direction. there could be countless futures depending on what happens in this time and era but i find it very exciting and also a bit scary too and i think there are going to be massive changes ahead,

The theory that UFO's are future earth craft has been bounced around for decades ...however aliens ..by definition are extra-terrestrial and therefore not from Earth ..and the possibility that non-earthly civilizations exist is far more likely than the chance of us being visited by our future selves

plus its much more likely an extra-terrestrial civilization could achieve star-travel than it would be that humans/ or any extra-terrestrial civilization would be able to travel backwards in time

so really it comes down to 1 + 1 = ? the answer heavily sways to extra-terrestril visitation than terrestrial time travel

The Grandfather Paradox does come into play here. If I go back in time and assassinate Hitler, my grandfather may not have had to immigrate to the U.S. and met my American grandmother and I would not have been born to go back in time and assassinate Hitler.

Same with our future selves returning to Earth to change things. If they are our future selves they're probably archeologists or historians just observing, being careful not to disturb anything very much.

I remember reading a story by Ray Bradbury about time travelers going back to dinosaur times, and one of them accidently stepped on and killed a butterfly. When they returned to their time, their whole society had changed. A real butterfly effect.

I thought this as a possibility as well. Aliens are not really aliens at all, but humans of future. I have opened my mind to this idea, it is definitely a theory that can be explored. I know the time travel factor is a huge obstacle to accept as possible. My ideas on time travel, is yes, it will be very complex, making it a one way~one stop event. Why they have chose to come back leaves a lot of room for interpretation

Edited by Firestone66

They could more likely be ancient technologically advanced humans that have traveled to the future. There are proven ways to travel forward in time.

I presently do not think it's possible.

But I have it on good authority that my mind will someday be changed on this, and with a retroactive date of effectivity.

Therefore, the answer is yes. I think.

:)

• 1 year later...

i dont think they would come back to save us from extinction but maybe they would come back because over time our bodies have morphed or something happens to our DNA that eventually some of us would not be able to reproduce or function right. so the aliens are us coming back from the future to take us to their time to reproduce with us so maybe they could become normal again or something along those lines. not sure? its really interesting

Marks_Thoughts, Hi

You wrote: "Consider your statement. How could our future selves be coming back to save us from extinction? If we go extinct there is nobody left to come back here

. "

There's nothing wrong with the OP's statement. If we were becoming extinct it most likely would be happening over a decent period of time, thus affording us that time to try to do something about it. E.g. go back in time (IF that were possible!)

As to the stuff about space, and time and time-travel - we can't really discuss how difficult or easy it would be or if Earth movement would have any effect because it's all just fantasy at this stage... Well to to me anyway.... I really don't have ANY idea how we could physically go back in time.

To the OP: Hi lavin, and welcome,

ANYTHING is possible!!!

Why NOT!?

I mean look at greys. IF they are real*, then they must have evolved to look that way over THOUSANDS of years!!! WHO KNOWS what AMAZING things we might achieve over THOUSANDS of years (especially considering tech increases exponentially)!

Perhaps they ARE time travelors... (us).

Perhaps the nature of time travel is such that they can only sort of project here... like casting a shadow or 'looking in'.... This would explain why there is never any PROOF. (Because they are not really PHYSICALLY HERE).

*relative term

dazdillinjah - Hola!

I don't know if it's really 'far more likely' that aliens could travel thousands of light years to here than us developing time-travel in thousands of years from now.... light-speed is said to be unpossible ;)

oldie writes, "There are proven ways to travel forward in time."

I don't think so... but if so, Take me with you!!!

It has been bandied around a lot, and I do not think anyone can answer the question. On might say no, seeing as Professor Hawking did leave an Invitation at Cambridge for time travellers to meet hin in the past, which would be our time frame, but they never showed up. A funny little experiment, but effective too.

But seriously I really and truly hope not.

Aliens are Uuuuggllyyyy bleh. If that is where we are going, I want to go back to the fifties and just stay in a loop. Marilyn Monroe is a much more aesthetically advanced being than any Gray or other connotation I have seen.

Edited by psyche101
  • Like 1

you know, if AA were our future selves it could explain why there are no heirogylphs showing aliens and why the pyramids were built via the means they were - we travelle back, saw no aliens so just helped man then do the job.

It would be a good story idea, but I personally do not think that is the case. I'm not even convinced that aliens have ever been to Earth at all, time travelers or not.

• Like 1

you know, if AA were our future selves it could explain why there are no heirogylphs showing aliens and why the pyramids were built via the means they were - we travelle back, saw no aliens so just helped man then do the job.

Oh god, it's all coming together. We couldn't replicate how it was done now because we don't develop the tech for another thousand or so years. When we go back, we have a good laugh about being AA and use our majic beam weapons to move rocks while pointing and cackling at the puny humans trying to use copper tubes and ropes.

Edited by Imaginarynumber1

Mind Bender: In the future, humans grasp the technology / knowledge required to build a time machine, so we can travel back to now, to help us create a time machine now. ARGH! lol

Marilyn Monroe is a much more aesthetically advanced being than any Gray or other connotation I have seen

Now that, I can most certainly agree with... ;)

• Like 1