Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Mayan codex may to lead to lost treasure

An expert in Mayan writing believes he has deciphered a code that will lead to eight tons of gold.

Rittsteig calculates that "just the gold in the tablets is estimated to be currently worth up to 211 million euros (290 million dollars). "

arrow3.gifRead more...

• Replies 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Ikki

• Mac E

• StarChild 83

• zooage

Kinda creepy there was a giant earthquake that destroyed the mayan capital in.. 666BC.

Edit: Ok, this article lost all credibilty to me in the last sentence: "In the last chapter, the codex describes the coming apocalypse, which it says will take place on December 12th, 2012."

Time and time again, scientists have said its not an "apocolypse" its the start of a new begining. And I believe this. Its a cycle. If Dec 2012 was the end of days, a new cycle couldn't begin.

Edited by Kitana2010

Good luck and have a nice swim. My hat will come off to Joachim if he finds anything, or the world ends... (but in that case my hat may be already off)

Right,, I would not tell till I had all the gold hidden for personal use LOL

LOL. This is funny. I love Fox News.

There is no evidence of such early gold use anywhere in Mesoamerica, as far as I'm aware, and certainly not for those purposes. And there doesn't appear to have been a Maya city named Atlan. At 666 BC. Which sank into a lake. It's pretty obvious where those inspirations came from. :rolleyes:

But much more telling, the alleged professor Rittsteig is nowhere to be found in a Google search, except in this single article.

@lkki: Funny that you jeer at Fox News, that is merely reporting the groups departure, yet say nothing about the German newspaprer that is actually funding this absurd expedition. Your bias is showing. LOL

Sounds a bit strange ....

Maya capital of Atlan
The treasure sank, along with the city, into the waters

Sounds like a cross between plato and Sitchin :w00t:

TiP.

It is the start of a new beginning - that could have many interpretations. Such as the start of a new beginning of life... or a new beginning on a political level, technological level, etc...

It's the beginning of a new calendar.

@lkki: Funny that you jeer at Fox News, that is merely reporting the groups departure, yet say nothing about the German newspaprer that is actually funding this absurd expedition. Your bias is showing. LOL

My apologies. Compared to the Bild, Fox News is an oasis of sanity.

If anyone reads German, this seems to be the original article: http://www.bild.de/BILD/news/2011/02/28/maya-schatzkarte/deutscher-forscher-entschluesselt-8-tonnen-gold.html.

I find it funny that took a mathematician to come up with a translation that no professional Mayanist have stumbled upon before.

This sounds more like the plot of a Dirk Pitt novel... actually, I'm pretty sure this is Inca Gold.

that would amazing if they do find the treasure. But it's not like the money would go to help anyone who could really use it.

What I am curious about the most is the laws that are supposed to be on the tablets. That is priceless and would give great insight to their culture.

This will prove to be false. The Spanish, backed by the church, did a damn good job of stealing or destroying everything in their entire culture. All the way down to the people themselves.

I suppose it's always good to dream though.

• 1 year later...

The treasure is possible;

Gold, or ancient alien technology and/or knowledge, or something else entirely.