Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Maryborough UFO phenomenon remains unsolved

While all residents had similar descriptions of the glowing balls of light and their slow movements back and forth across the sky, the story did take quite an eerie twist – no one was able to successfully capture the unidentified objects with a camera. arrow3.gifRead more...

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• psyche101

• d e v i c e

• arenee

• Karlis

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Maybe that's why we never get a clear picture. This seems strange however that nothing at all shows up. Wish they'd have shown some of the footage or pics. Even if they showed nothing..

Very objective UFO hunter there, calling them "extraterrestrial crafts". I thought UFO hunters were meant to be unbiased to research their field effectively.

Yea, that was quite silly.

Not even to mention the whole "Maybe the force field around the UFO somehow affects the way in which ordinary light like infrared shows up."

:rolleyes:

How about fire lanterns and people with no knowledge of night-time photography - the self-claimed UFO expert included.

Just luv the assumption that Chinese lanterns are only released by Chinese people at Chinese NY...

Not even to mention the whole "Maybe the force field around the UFO somehow affects the way in which ordinary light like infrared shows up."

:rolleyes:

Why I can see in the infrared with just my eye's, dosnt every one? :alien:

Maybe but maybe we have other civilization-alien one as ally that is strong..

SO others cant do whatever they want :D

Just a theory

:innocent: Well I think that one just might see Glowing Orbs,Lights ect If enough Fosters is consummed!

And Try saying "Gay Cayabyab, Gay Cayabyab,Gay Cayabyab" Three times fast ! While watching

the Australian Army Shoot Tin cans and Lights in the Sky at "Tin Can Bay".

Now were getting somewhere ! :wacko:

Good Find too karlis! I love to read about the UFO`s Downunder!

post-68971-0-90264700-1299509626_thumb.j

Edited by DONTEATUS

Going by the report I'd say this is a genuine phenomena which has eluded satisfactory explanation.

Edited by Evilution13

How about fire lanterns and people with no knowledge of night-time photography - the self-claimed UFO expert included.

Just luv the assumption that Chinese lanterns are only released by Chinese people at Chinese NY...

And I love the assumptions that they are Chinese Lanterns that hundreds of people for some reason had no successes photographing. Unless Chinese Lanterns bend light in some new way unbeknownst to the rest of humanity, it is not lanterns.

somethings gona happend soon

Why do you say this? :unsure:

You have got to be kidding me.

Min Min. I cannot believe that Chinese Lanterns (Did you guys read that bit - No Chinese living around here, not Chinese New Year, cannot be lanterns LOL!! :w00t: ) planes and military were considered but not the humble Min Min which fits this description very well indeed.

Martin Gottschall? Where is Professor Jack Pettigrew? They cannot be serious. And from a Queenslander too. Crikey. I'll just hang my head over here for a bit.........

Martin Gottschall is an embarrassment IMHO. ACUFOS is not about learning more on UFO's but more about trying to prove ET from what I can tell. And he has the gall to say SETI is dithering when ACUFO was dormant for about a decade! They even offer Close Encounter Support Services! I mean Cheeses!

My Mum talks to Aliens was on SBS again last night, saw it on the program guide, but I did not feel it was worth a second look. Once was enough. If shows like this cannot express just how far these claimants are out of their league academically, and how weak and biased their assertions are, and just how nutty a large part of this ET contingent is, I am not sure what else would ring home.

Going by the report I'd say this is a genuine phenomena which has eluded satisfactory explanation.

Report? It was a newspaper article.

Here is the most likely candidate.

Min-min-light-sign-boulia-outback-queensland-australia.jpg

Edited by psyche101

yet another sort of alien craft. how many differently designed craft are invading us. as I say we have an interplanitary war taking place in our skies.winner gets us and Yellow Stone Park.

@psyche101: Journalists are reporters.

A reporter reports information, wether it be true or not. Their prime reason for being is to provided entertainment. What do you think would sell papers here?

Natural Phenomena Observed in Maryborough, Ausralia

or

ALIENS INVADE DOWN UNDER!

Here is a good example where a program called media watch investigated one such claim:

LINK - UFO Armada Invades NT News

The press has no accountability.

Edited by psyche101

yet another sort of alien craft. how many differently designed craft are invading us. as I say we have an interplanitary war taking place in our skies.winner gets us and Yellow Stone Park.

This is not an Alien craft, this is classic natural phenomena.

What I say was observed isn't based upon the journalists opinion, its based upon my comprehensive understanding of both the human psyche AND the UFO phenomena. Unexplained phenomena I tells ya! ;)

Edited by Evilution13

:innocent: Well I think that one just might see Glowing Orbs,Lights ect If enough Fosters is consummed!

Please provide evidence that Fosters is consumed in Australia. :no:

(Apart from putting it in a fancy bottle, jacking up the price, and passing it off as Crown Lager)

Anyways, Bundy-n-coke is more likely the poison in Maryborough.

What I say was observed isn't based upon the journalists opinion, its based upon my comprehensive understanding of both the human psyche AND the UFO phenomena. Unexplained phenomena I tells ya! ;)

Yes, Min Mins are not completely explained, although Professor Jack Pettigrew has a very interesting paper on them.

Thanks psyche101. Yes Ive seen very convincing film footage shot in Aussie whicn seemed to depict the charateristics of these Min Mins. Interesting how the Min Min phenomena goes back to pre-European times too. Bit of an insight into Aussie culture aswell. Thanks for that. :)

Edited by Evilution13

Thanks psyche101. Yes Ive seen very convincing film footage shot in Aussie whicn seemed to depict the charateristics of these Min Mins. Interesting how the Min Min phenomena goes back to pre-European times too. Bit of an insight into Aussie culture aswell. Thanks for that. :)

You are most welcome

I am not sure I agree with Professor Pettigrew in that the phenomena is solved. But I am sure it would help explain some sightings.

Have you heard much about the Hessdalen Project? Quite an insight into earthlights as well - LINK

Quite a breakthrough in the UFO/Natural Phenomena investigation that one.

Yeh, perhaps a natural phenomenon which doesn't show up when photographed....

BTW - We do NOT drink Fosters in Australia!

(That beer is so awful we only export it!)