Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Mysterious Great Cross of Hendaye tells all..

Mycologist

Forgive me if this has been discussed but I wasn't able to turn anything up on search, and wiki even has very little info, but the more I dig to de-bunk this thing, the more interesting it becomes.

Indulge yourselves for a moment..

per wikipedia

The Great Cross of Hendaye (French: Croix d'Hendaye) is a stone cross located on the town square of Hendaye, in the Pyrénées-Atlantiques, in southwestern France.

The cross is carved with alchemical symbols that occultists find to contain encrypted information on a future global catastrophe.

[edit] See also

* Fulcanelli

so on to Fulcanelli

Fulcanelli is almost certainly a pseudonym assumed, in the early 20th century, by a French alchemist and esoteric author, whose identity is still debated.[1] The name Fulcanelli seems to be a play on words: Vulcan the ancient Roman god of fire plus El, a Canaanite name for God and so the Sacred Fire.[2] He is also called the Master Alchemist. The appeal of Fulcanelli as a cultural phenomenon is partly due to the mystery that surrounds most aspects of his life and works; one of the anecdotes pertaining to his life retells, in particular, how his most devoted pupil Eugène Canseliet performed a successful transmutation of 100 grams of lead into gold in a laboratory of the gas works of Sarcelles at the Georgi company with the use of a small quantity of the "Projection Powder" given to him by his teacher, in the presence of Julien Champagne and Gaston Sauvage.

This doesn't explain much at all about the work itself that ties him to the cross, but the book entitled "Mystery of the Cathedrals" explains the links to Gothic Cathedrals being clues to Ancient Alchemy secrets.. But what is even more interesting than that is his connection between Alchemy to the spiritual path to dissolving the ego...and how we are moving to a new age which will require this transformation..

A lot to swallow I know, but hear this guy out on how he made the connections, then check it out and share your thoughts.. if it's all B.S. it's better than the The Da Vinci Code!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mdnyigghU14

Why must all predictions of future cataclysms be in cypher/code/double-speak/argot rather then "on this date, be somewhere else".

If you can see the future enough to see exactly what's going to happen, specifically enough to know the date then why the bloody hell not say so?

• Like 5

Why must all predictions of future cataclysms be in cypher/code/double-speak/argot rather then "on this date, be somewhere else".

If you can see the future enough to see exactly what's going to happen, specifically enough to know the date then why the bloody hell not say so?

Usually when a date is given, its wrong. Vague predictions can be applied to multiple events .
  • Like 1

A small quantity of lead into gold? Alchemists are surely un-believable people!

A small quantity of lead into gold? Alchemists are surely un-believable people!

Must be in the top ten stupidest ambitions ever.

When I think of alchemy I think of Blackadder, Baldrick and Percy.

• Like 1

Because if they weren't in code, credulous people wouldn't be able to read whatever they want into it.

Forgive me if this has been discussed but I wasn't able to turn anything up on search, and wiki even has very little info, but the more I dig to de-bunk this thing, the more interesting it becomes.

per wikipedia

so on to Fulcanelli

This doesn't explain much at all about the work itself that ties him to the cross, but the book entitled "Mystery of the Cathedrals" explains the links to Gothic Cathedrals being clues to Ancient Alchemy secrets.. But what is even more interesting than that is his connection between Alchemy to the spiritual path to dissolving the ego...and how we are moving to a new age which will require this transformation..

A lot to swallow I know, but hear this guy out on how he made the connections, then check it out and share your thoughts.. if it's all B.S. it's better than the The Da Vinci Code!

Thank you.

I was hoping someone might watch and and want to discuss the presented ideas. Thanks for your thoughts anyways.

• Like 3

• 1 year later...

I wouldn't worry about them-

just ignore them instead.

It's always easier to play the critical cynic...

"Scientism,

in the strong sense,

is the self-annihilating view that only scientific claims are meaningful,

which is not a scientific claim and hence,

if true...

not meaningful.

Thus, scientism is either false or meaningless.

This view seems to have been held by Ludwig Wittgenstein in his

Tractatus Logico-philosophicus (1922) when he said such things as "The totality of true propositions is the whole of natural science..."

-The Skeptic's Dictionary

Most so-called "Scientists" are actually only slaves of "Scientism"....

Thanks for posting!

garron

• Like 1

per wikipedia

so on to Fulcanelli

I tried watching it but it has been removed by Youtube due to the account that was assoiciated with it was terminated by Youtube

• Like 1

I wouldn't worry about them-

just ignore them instead.

It's always easier to play the critical cynic...

"Scientism,

in the strong sense,

is the self-annihilating view that only scientific claims are meaningful,

which is not a scientific claim and hence,

if true...

not meaningful.

Thus, scientism is either false or meaningless.

This view seems to have been held by Ludwig Wittgenstein in his

Tractatus Logico-philosophicus (1922) when he said such things as "The totality of true propositions is the whole of natural science..."

-The Skeptic's Dictionary

Most so-called "Scientists" are actually only slaves of "Scientism"....

Thanks for posting!

garron

Seems it's easier for some people to believe baseless claims which can't be backed up rather than evidence which can be observed and reproduced.

You can't blaim scientists for being skeptical.

When something has basis for scientific investigation it will be pursued. Most scientists don't have the time or interest required to persue wild claims. But if presented with appropriate evidence that can change...

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Interesting Guy This Fulcanelli ..

Has Anyone Maybe Read A Book Called "The Secret History Of The World" By Laura Knight-Jadczyk? Apart From Being A Weird Weird Person Talking To "Cassiopaeans", The Only Reason I Mention Her Is That She Goes At Lenghts Talking About Fulcannelli And These Are The Only Interesting Parts Of The Book ..

Anyway, I Did Lost 3 Whole Precious Months Reading This "Book" .. I Wanted To Give Up Many Times But I Always Continued Reading Because I Wanted To See How Far Does Human Silliness Go ..

Ambiguity means people can interpret it they way they want to.