Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

What is the scariest movie?

xBlackDahliax

I love all the classics like the shining, but i don't get particularly frightened in any horror films, but i do still love them and the genre in general.

One that i found quite good was 'dread'. http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1331307/

Mainly for the fact that the thing that i find scariest of all is the human psyche, and how sadistic some people can be. I suggest you guys check it out, quite a good movie.

I'd have to say rose red, however when I 14 when I watched pet cemetery and it totally freaked me out.

I haven't seen many scary movies. When I was maybe 8 I saw half of The Shining, I don't really remember much except the fact that I slept on the downstair couch for a week afterwards.

SKPandAVP

Posted 12 March 2011 - 04:44 PM

E.T. is the scarriest movie of all time.

Followed by Dawn of the Dead

then Signs

Oh my! You've seen Signs? I don't know anyone except the people I showed that have actually seen that movie, it's somewhere in my top 5 favorite movies! Good to know others have actually watched it!

Edited by Cryptid_Control

I guess I'm not really easily affected by horror movies. I found the exorcist unsettling, but not really scary.

One of my favorite movies is "The Cell" with Jennifer Lopez. To me, it was disturbing, but not overly scary and I was really drawn in by the visually breathtaking scenes.

Hmm.. I'm going to have to agree with those that said the Descent 1 & 2. That scared the crap out of me. :yes:

• 2 weeks later...

To be honest...

*Looks left*

*Looks right*

The Wizard of Oz scared the living day light out me when I was young. It just has so much creepy stuff in it. Monkeys with wings, a scarecrow being disembowled by crows, a lion. Ugh..

Eraserhead. It's one messed up mind bomb! The baby thing is very disturbing.

Another one of my Favourites is The Mist film adaptation of Stephen Kings novel.

It's not scary persay, but I love the whole concept of it. Sorta reminds me of Lovecraft's Mythos.

hello kitty super princess island adventure: the movie, it was so terrifying i wet myself watching the FBI copyright warning :lol: . For me i havn't found the scariest movie, cause the only things that scare me are the things that are beyond logic and unfathomable, the things that shouldn't exist. But there are rarely any movies like that these days.

Another one of my Favourites is The Mist film adaptation of Stephen Kings novel.

It's not scary persay, but I love the whole concept of it. Sorta reminds me of Lovecraft's Mythos.

I love The Mist! The movie ending is much better than in the book, imo. I watch that one a lot when there isn't anything on TV.

• Like 1

Off the top of my head:

Mirrors - freaky, yet refreshing

Amityville Horror (original) - Sleep with lights on sort of movie for me

Honestly, some of the shows, like A Haunting, tend be scarier than most movies.

The ones not on the list here, that freaked me out were Cujo. I saw this at a very young age And Children of the corn.

And the Blair witch movie. The first one with all the hype when it first came out was awesome!I think that was Marketing at its best, how much profit they made from that :rolleyes:

Hmm.. I'm going to have to agree with those that said the Descent 1 & 2. That scared the crap out of me. :yes:

Man, any film where the wicked witch of the west ends up with a house dumped on her is just bad. :wacko:

• 2 weeks later...

Well, the first movie that ever scared me was some lame movie about a voodoo doll that had to have this necklace on or it came to life. And of wouldn't ya know it, it falls off. At the end someone puts it in the oven! I was 4 and pretty much crapped my pants with that one. Wish i could remember the name of it. Anyway, Exorcist (the original ) left me so scared i was shaking and weak. I didn't sleep for a week! I hate scary movies. Especially ones that i hear have some truth to them. My boyfriend talked me into that one.

Well, the first movie that ever scared me was some lame movie about a voodoo doll that had to have this necklace on or it came to life. And of wouldn't ya know it, it falls off. At the end someone puts it in the oven! I was 4 and pretty much crapped my pants with that one. Wish i could remember the name of it. Anyway, Exorcist (the original ) left me so scared i was shaking and weak. I didn't sleep for a week! I hate scary movies. Especially ones that i hear have some truth to them. My boyfriend talked me into that one.

Trilogy of Terror! the info

Scared me, too! Dreamed the creepy thing was in my house! Was sure, when I woke up, it was real, too! HATED that movie as a kid!!!!!

Alright...other than "Trilogy of Terror".....ewww Hey, was SMALL, and that was scary stuff, then!

As an adult?

Sleepwalkers - watched that in the theater, went home, fed the cat tuna for a week.

The Exorcism of Emily Rose - very creepy, and way too real.....

The Fourth Kind - yeah, yeah, know it's supposed to be fake, but where did they get the "family photos" they had with the end titles? The eyes on the little girl...YIKES! That kid.....*shiver*

Jaws - mostly because, sheesh, sharks are real, and they do attack. Scarier now than it used to be, after living some years in Florida, and hearing reports every year about the latest attacks. No idea, after being down there, why anyone thinks it's so rare....

Misery - One, the acting was phenomenal. Two, that character could be REAL.

Movies that did NOT scare me - The Ring movies, The Grudge, basically any of the Japanese adaptations. I don't get the spook factor of pale kids with dark hair. Maybe it's just me, but they seemed so.....predictable....

Alright...other than "Trilogy of Terror".....ewww Hey, was SMALL, and that was scary stuff, then!

As an adult?

Sleepwalkers - watched that in the theater, went home, fed the cat tuna for a week.

The Exorcism of Emily Rose - very creepy, and way too real.....

The Fourth Kind - yeah, yeah, know it's supposed to be fake, but where did they get the "family photos" they had with the end titles? The eyes on the little girl...YIKES! That kid.....*shiver*

Jaws - mostly because, sheesh, sharks are real, and they do attack. Scarier now than it used to be, after living some years in Florida, and hearing reports every year about the latest attacks. No idea, after being down there, why anyone thinks it's so rare....

Misery - One, the acting was phenomenal. Two, that character could be REAL.

Movies that did NOT scare me - The Ring movies, The Grudge, basically any of the Japanese adaptations. I don't get the spook factor of pale kids with dark hair. Maybe it's just me, but they seemed so.....predictable....

Thats it thank you! That doll still looks creepy to me! Lookin at it brings back memories of me falling out of the top bunk of my bunk bed having nightmares of that dude! You seem to be like me, If it could really happen, it scares the crap out of you!

Encounters with the unknown... That first story of that mother with her eyes bugging out and saying... "Listen to me well... One by land, Two by sky..." Pretty much anything with Rod Serling in it is going to be good. The second story was the best though with the sounds coming out of that hole in the ground... It's probably laughable now but back in the 70's when I saw it, I probably had to change my pants...

Probably the Serpent and the Rainbow. Dunno why, but it scared the crap outta me as a kid. Also, the Amityville Horror remake scared me cuz I had read the book. The book gives me the willies. :cry:

• 2 weeks later...

The Fourth Kind

The Ring

The grudge

Paranormal Activity 1+2

All of these movies scare the crap out of me :unsure:

hey guys and girls,

i saw a movie as a kid, its about this traveling circus, its black and white and they actually used people with deformities for it.

i think it may have been 1950's, or 60's but it was darn terrifying.

to this day ive not been able to find it, anyone know?