Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

What is the scariest movie?

xBlackDahliax

Awesome news! :D The stand out aspect is really the paranoia that they all go through during the development of the film.

As for Starship Troopers that brain impalement scene is terrifying!

I watched it and thought it was excellent, especially during the scene where she was checking in there mouths pure tension. It gets a thumbs up from me :tu:

Edited by R4z3rsPar4d0x

I'd give that remake about 6/10 it isn't too bad, decent in itself and the modern effects are nice but the original smokes it of course!

I'd give that remake about 6/10 it isn't too bad, decent in itself and the modern effects are nice but the original smokes it of course!

Yeah I like though how they didnt try and copy it exactly, I mean them going into the ship at the end was a new take

Yeah the first time I watched The Thing I didn't even realize it was a spaceship, what an idiot haha.

Yeah the first time I watched The Thing I didn't even realize it was a spaceship, what an idiot haha.

lol yeah in the very beginning I think that they show a saucer crashing to earth at least they do in Carpentars version

Edited by R4z3rsPar4d0x

Yeah they do, the effects are amazingly retro and charming haha. I think it's better without showing that though, most audiences can put two and two together (except me though I was a little tipsy lol).

Yeah they do, the effects are amazingly retro and charming haha. I think it's better without showing that though, most audiences can put two and two together (except me though I was a little tipsy lol).

Haha nothing wrong with that

Certainly isn't for the guys in the original haha, MacReady and his darn whiskey! What would you say the creepiest scene in the 1982 version is? I reckon Bennings and THAT scream is insane, the best movie monster scream I've ever seen. I like how they are standing in a circle fairly reminscent of the Norwegian's around the blown up crater too, eerie stuff.

Yeah anytime a human is shown screaming with his jaws open to a dramatic extent scares the love out of me, I thought the tensest scene in the carpentar version is when there all testing the blood on the slides, and then that thing breaks out of that guy totally transforming him

Wow, you guys really missed the boat on this one... it wasn't a remake, it was a prequel to John Carpenter's The Thing. Read the back of the cover. Quote: "The chilling prelude to John Carpenter's cult classic film."

I thought it was nicely done and enjoyed watching them both back to back.

Wow, you guys really missed the boat on this one... it wasn't a remake, it was a prequel to John Carpenter's The Thing. Read the back of the cover. Quote: "The chilling prelude to John Carpenter's cult classic film."

I thought it was nicely done and enjoyed watching them both back to back.

Actually John Carpentar remade it, from the 1951 version called The Thing from another world, I enjoyed Both films also. But John Carpenters version better than the 2011 version

Edited by R4z3rsPar4d0x

Actually John Carpentar remade it, from the 1951 version called The Thing from another world, I enjoyed Both films also. But John Carpenters version better than the 2011 version

That is true. What I'm saying is that it's not a remake, it's a prequel.

The blood testing is great tension and particularly effective with all the paranoia, first time you see it you have no clue who could be a thing. Why they all use the same knife is weird though considering Fuchs says even a tiny particle could take over someone.

I heard it was a prequel but I didn't think there was enough substance to it to hold a candle to the original!

Hey have any of you guys ever seen Dont Be Afraid of The Dark, Not the remake but the one that came on tv wayyyyyyy back when?

• Like 1

The blood testing is great tension and particularly effective with all the paranoia, first time you see it you have no clue who could be a thing. Why they all use the same knife is weird though considering Fuchs says even a tiny particle could take over someone.

I heard it was a prequel but I didn't think there was enough substance to it to hold a candle to the original!

It's what happens next after the Palmer thing is exposed and burnt to a crisp that cracks me up.

The reaction of Childs and Garry even when they realise that they have passed the blood test.

For somebody who has relinquished his position as leader of the camp,Garry sure gave it hell for leather.

Speaking of Garry did he and Nauls get totally absorbed into the final incarnation of the Thing?

It can sure explain the size but if it was true what person will the Thing be if it made to the mainland.

I'm laying money on Garry because it won't be a rollerskating cook or the cranky Blair.

And it certainly won't be a snarling dog though who would suspect.

Btw it sure did turn into a buddy buddy movie near the end between Childs and Mcready.

I'm glad we are still discussing this classic.

Edited by Medium Brown

It's what happens next after the Palmer thing is exposed and burnt to a crisp that cracks me up.

The reaction of Childs and Garry even when they realise that they have passed the blood test.

For somebody who has relinquished his position as leader of the camp,Garry sure gave it hell for leather.

Speaking of Garry did he and Nauls get totally absorbed into the final incarnation of the Thing?

It can sure explain the size but if it was true what person will the Thing be if it made to the mainland.

I'm laying money on Garry because it won't be a rollerskating cook or the cranky Blair.

And it certainly won't be a snarling dog though who would suspect.

Btw it sure did turn into a buddy buddy movie near the end between Childs and Mcready.

I'm glad we are still discussing this classic.

I love Childs character,he seems like a cool guy

Palmer was a freaking legend 'Chariots of the Gods, man. They practically own South America. I mean, they taught the Incas everything they know.' hahaha.

I dunno, it still had a lot of that freaky dog in it, didn't it? Maybe the ultimate nightmare, a dogthing with the wit of Palmer :D

The ending is absolutely phenomenal, so cautious and quiet and the dialogue is killer, when that DUN-DUNDUN comes in over the flaming camp and you have no idea what happens after.

Palmer was a freaking legend 'Chariots of the Gods, man. They practically own South America. I mean, they taught the Incas everything they know.' hahaha.

I dunno, it still had a lot of that freaky dog in it, didn't it? Maybe the ultimate nightmare, a dogthing with the wit of Palmer :D

The ending is absolutely phenomenal, so cautious and quiet and the dialogue is killer, when that DUN-DUNDUN comes in over the flaming camp and you have no idea what happens after.

Yeah that music is spine tingling :tu:

There was a theory it comes on everytime a Thing is onscreen, dunno how accurate it is though.

played on screen in that movie or just in general ?

Whenever it comes on during the movie it's supposed to hint that a Thing is onscreen, never really checked whether the theory has any accuracy, but then again early on it's hard to tell who could be human and not...

Whenever it comes on during the movie it's supposed to hint that a Thing is onscreen, never really checked whether the theory has any accuracy, but then again early on it's hard to tell who could be human and not...

Yeah imagine an alien like that that could take the form of others scary stuff

How about another classic outer space freak, anyone like Alien and Alien 2? I love 'em both!

The Changeling with George C. Scott. 1980 or 1981

ZOMG I watched that movie years ago...I can barely remember it but the one scene that freaked me out so bad was this part where a guy and a girl are taking a bubblebath together, and for some reason the crazy b**** submerges her head under the water, and then she just pops back up violently screaming at the top of her lungs, made me jump thru the ceiling! Seriously what the hell was even the point of that...aside from scaring the **** out of me...

• Like 1