Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

What is the scariest movie?

xBlackDahliax

Hey, I cannot for the life of me remember the films name but I had a party once and my friends brought over , ummm, Attack of the Killer Clowns? Cheesy to say the least and funny.

Hey, I cannot for the life of me remember the films name but I had a party once and my friends brought over , ummm, Attack of the Killer Clowns? Cheesy to say the least and funny.

I hate clowns but that movie...awful..

• Like 1

I hate clowns but that movie...awful..

Oh, I hate clowns too. Yes, the movie was horrible,LOL but it went well with the Alice White Shiraz !!! LOL

Oh, I hate clowns too. Yes, the movie was horrible,LOL but it went well with the Alice White Shiraz !!! LOL

Maybe a good scary clown movie might do it for me...and not like that It movie. I thought that was ridiculous...

• Like 1

The Excorcist

The Shining

The Sixth Sense

I love a good scarey movie. There aren't many out there. I like scarey not blooody.

There are "scary" movies, of which the Exorcist is a prime example and then there are the ones that were artfully crafted to wrap themselves around your psyche and take you for a ride days or months after you left the theatre. I love a good scare like everyone else but most movies I watch now give me only the immediate scare and done. The film that creeped me out the most and for the longest and truthfully still gives me the willies long after watching is 'Carnival of Souls', the original. (I believe there was a remake a few years back) Its B/W and has some great camera angle work going. If you haven't seen it, give it a try, just don't think you will come away quite the same.

"Carnvial of Souls" is great. It's kind of "Sixth Sense"-ish with the twist at the end. Very eerie, indeed. I can't think of one movie that really "scared" me, though. I'd have to go with Alien and agree with the poster who noted that the fact you didn't see the monster right away helped to build up suspense. The part where Dallas is on the ladder and waves his torch then *munch*. Yep. That made me jump!

What is the scariest movie you have ever seen in your life? ... :ph34r:

Very easy : Stanley Kubricks "The Shining"

I have no idea why, but that movie works on every level to reinforce the tension and scariness of it. There are scenes in it that send chills down my spine no matter how many times I see it (For example: Danny goes to his room to get a toy and his father is just sitting on his bed, staring into space... then turns his head toward Danny with a big smile baring all his teeth... That scene is just plain scary, I don't care what you say).

"Carnvial of Souls" is great. It's kind of "Sixth Sense"-ish with the twist at the end. Very eerie, indeed. I can't think of one movie that really "scared" me, though. I'd have to go with Alien and agree with the poster who noted that the fact you didn't see the monster right away helped to build up suspense. The part where Dallas is on the ladder and waves his torch then *munch*. Yep. That made me jump!

Yeah - "Carnival of souls" actually is very scary! And, just like my vote for the Shining, there is no specific reason why it is so scary... It's all in the way things are filmed or the music rather than simple jump scares...

Relative to my age the scariest film was The Gate but I was only six I think. I'm pretty sure it was a sheets change event.

Seriously though, no one stands out as being awsomely scary. I grew up on Maniac Cop and 80s classic horror but some older ones stand out and even the odd modern horror flick. The Sentinel was scary, Audition was wierd but I would probably have to go for a David Kronenberg film like the Brood or Shivers. It is one of my favourite genres though and one I've overlooked in recent years. Carnival of Souls sounds like a riot.

Home Movie.

Joshua.

The Item.

Definitely the Bieber movie. We refer to it as The Omen, The True Story.

Inside.

Edited by runninglady

Killer klowns from outer space?

The Shinning is very frightening, it drives you mad along with Jack.

The Excorcist is scary, but I'm more frightened by The Emily Rose story. *Shivers*

There's an old short film I saw where the crazies in an Asylum take over and they fill a narrow hall (the walls) with a bunch of razor blades - the staff become the victims and it's just so scary!

Evil Dead.

Night of the Demons/the ending stuff where they're chasing the blonde girl.

Killer klowns from outer space?

Damn Clownes had sharp teeth and were hideous but funny. Cheesy to the 1st factor there Nadia. A must see.:w00t:

--

The Ring (Not EVEN going to mention how terrified I was a week later :ph34r: )

--

Without a doubt, this is the scariest movie I've ever seen. That little girl sends shivers down my spine...

The Shining definitely is up there too, but I watched it as a kid so I was probably a bit more prone to being scared.

The Exorcist didn't scare me at all though. Maybe if I actually believed in demonic possession it would be scary, but I don't.

E.T. is the scarriest movie of all time.

Followed by Dawn of the Dead

then Signs

Damn Clownes had sharp teeth and were hideous but funny. Cheesy to the 1st factor there Nadia. A must see.:w00t:

I've seen it a few times. It rocks! :lol:

I was like 6 and there was a movie called "Bad Moon" or something like that,about a werewolf,at the time it scared the s..t out of me,after a few years i re watched it and it was,cheesy and un-scary.

I never actually saw the Exorcist,but i have it on Blu-ray (the extended directors cut) I'll watch it tonight ^_^

I've seen it a few times. It rocks! :lol:

Do they suck your brain through a straw? I think I have a memory of that and I hope it was a film.

Clowns are extremely scary especially when played by Tim Currie.

• Like 1

The Creeper I found quite scary it's a bit old and long in the tooth now but worth a watch.

Yes Jim childhood chills like "This Island Earth." sent me to my mums bed for the night.

Edited by Flashbangwollap

The scariest movie I've seen is Changeling. Not the old movie from the 70s, but the one that Angelina Jolie was in. That movie disturbed me like no other has. It is the epitome of a mother's worst nightmare. And this was based on a true story.

• Like 2

The Exorcist was the scariest Ive seen

but I have a bit of trouble to clearly pick a second scariest ..but I liked the 'original' Evil Dead ..also liked Stigmata ..and when it first came out I quite liked the 'original' of The Omen

I haven't been scared by horror movies since I was a child. I still see a lot of horror movies though but only for the entertainment value and the black humor. Those so hyped low-budget movies with shaky hand-held cameras bore me to death. A good horror movie has nothing to do with gore or CGI though. The Shining has both the eerie mood and some humor while Evil Dead was the other way around. It all depends on a good script and good plot if it is good or not. Although there is no movie that scares me, there is one movie character that has always creeped me out. Which might seem funny to you since it was made 90 years ago and released to the public the year after. Funny this thread comes up because I was surfing for Graf Orlock pics only yesterday. I actually found a rare one not belonging to the movie itself. It was taken in-between takes showing Max Schreck sitting down resting. There was also some information about it. Schreck never went out of make-up or costumes but stayed in-character even during breaks, something that obviously wasn't as common back then as it is today. Not only does he keep on creeeping out audiences 75 years after he actually passed on but he even creeped out the crew and other actors too. I suppose it was that kind of creepiness that inspired the movie Shadow Of The Vampire from 2000 with Willem Dafoe as Schreck and John Malkovich as Murnau. Since that movie plays with the thought that Murnau actually found a real vampire to play the part as Orlock. How else would they get such an absurd idea anyway? 90 years later we obviously have a lot of more advanced technology than back then. Because of the primitive cameras Murnau was actually forced to shoot at daylight. But still, there's nothing as creepy as Max Schreck. His eyes looks like they could pierce through your soul itself and he truly looks hauntingly evil to the core. :devil:

Do they suck your brain through a straw? I think I have a memory of that and I hope it was a film.

There was at least one scene like this, yes. :lol: OMG Tim Currie is just scary. He even scared me in Clue. :blink: That was him, right? :lol:

Paranormal Activity, the first half of Vacancy was seriously scary, The Ring is pretty scary.