Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Pope plans TV Q&A on faith

Still Waters

For the first time in the history of the Vatican, the Pope will respond to questions about his faith on a television programme.

Benedict XVI is expected to speak mostly about Jesus – he has just written the second of two volumes on Christ's life, "Jesus of Nazareth", due to be published on Thursday.

He will appear on a religious affairs programme called "In his image", which will be aired on Good Friday - April 22.

It will be broadcast at 2.10pm in Italy (1.10pm GMT), the time recognised by the Catholic Church as the moment that Christ died on the cross after being crucified.

A special website will be launched on Sunday to which Catholics can send suggested questions, from which just three will be chosen and put to the German-born pontiff, who was elected in 2005.

The programme, on Italy's state broadcaster, RAI, will be pre-recorded at the Vatican a few days before, either in the Pope's study or his personal chapel.

arrow3.gifRead more...

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• odiesbsc

• Still Waters

• Star of the Sea

• Kitana2010

I wonder if he'll answer why so many preists are perverts and child molesters.

I got be honest with you people but this pope hasn't been to bad. I just hope he reverses a lot of the backward teachings of First & Second Vatican Council, allow priests to get married (you know its been almost 650 years since the last case of the black death) and finally a more hard line (like jail time) against pedophilia priests. Another than that he's not a bad guy at all.

:devil: :devil: :devil:
:devil: :devil: :devil: