Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Will Super Moon cause widespread disaster

mgessel

As has been noted, the keyword is astrologer and not astronomer.

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Spacelover

• ShadowSot

• ColoradoParanormal

• Setton

Sounds pretty reasonable to me,As a matter of fact the Tides of the moon do have an effect on Earth so if the Moon reaches its closest point to Earth,which has never happened before,surely a noticeable change would occur!!

Maybe what happened to Japan has no relation to the proximity of moon.... but we cannot deny the fact that the gravity of the moon has a great impact to our world and its not a matter of Astrology or a fairytale like you want to say.

The tides that mostly link to the distance of the moon can cause movement to the sea floor and may cause earthquakes.

Very true,High and Low tides play quite a role in the Tsunamis and underwater Earthquakes so now when the moon is at its closest point to Earth something would surely happen although whatever happened in Japan does not seem to be linked to the Super Moon!

Edited by Spacelover

This is some real good propaganda nothing else.

Propaganda,How's this a propaganda?

Quick, let's all bury our heads in the sand... An 'Astrologer' is predicting this....

Edit: (To quote the article - "And one astrologer believes it could inflict massive damage on the planet.")

ONE Astrologer has never been wrong before, have they?

I dont think it has anything to do with the Astronomer predicting the calamity,If the moon does get too close to Earth then its Common sense something wud happen big or small!

Seriously luan. There's been quite a few different "major" earthquakes within the past week, of at least a 7.0 magnitude. Seismic activity is heightening. However, I don't believe it has to do with this.

seriously colorado if the moon is moving closer to us, then we would see more earthquakes. We already know there is a connection between seimic activity and the moon. So its a logical leap. But if it has nothing to do with our moon, then whats the cause?

As per the bolded, to be related, the said earthquakes have to occur around 19th of March.

Not really, the moon pulls and tugs on us all the time, so if it is moving closer to us then it is already on route. I think we will probally be seeing some sort of activity on while it gets closer and as it moves away. IMO

I dont think it has anything to do with the Astronomer predicting the calamity,If the moon does get too close to Earth then its Common sense something wud happen big or small!

Common sense will say the tides might be higher and lower.

Hysteria attributes it to whatever happens to coincide with it. (Besides, we still have another ten days before it's close.

Common sense will say the tides might be higher and lower.

Hysteria attributes it to whatever happens to coincide with it. (Besides, we still have another ten days before it's close.

So who's saying anything's going to happen before those ten days,whether or not the scientists or astronomer predicts any destruction(cuz its not necessary that destruction happens!)the moon's still gonna have some effect on Earth whether the effects are major or minor!

seriously colorado if the moon is moving closer to us, then we would see more earthquakes. We already know there is a connection between seimic activity and the moon. So its a logical leap. But if it has nothing to do with our moon, then whats the cause?

Actually the Earthquake in Japan could be related to the Moon but who can say for sure?And surely as there's a link between the seismic activity and the moon,maybe disasters would occur as it gets closer although i hope nothing serious happens!

The cause of the Earthquake in Japan?Right?

Edited by Spacelover

So who's saying anything's going to happen before those ten days,whether or not the scientists or astronomer predicts any destruction(cuz its not necessary that destruction happens!)the moon's still gonna have some effect on Earth whether the effects are major or minor!

Sure. No reason to panic about it, or run for the worst case scenario.

In this case, I'm going to defer to the people who spend their time studying the planets and gravity.

Yeah the earthquake in japan.

I'm putting my money on the U.S. Geological Survey verses the Astrologers being correct here.

I second that :yes:

Is there another source (preferably a more reliable one) that correlates with the info about the moon being close on the 19th? I would check myself, but I really don't have the extra time today.

Is there another source (preferably a more reliable one) that correlates with the info about the moon being close on the 19th? I would check myself, but I really don't have the extra time today.

It's true.

Here's PopSci and BadAstronomy on the moon.

lol why is my post getting all the attention? Many other people have said the exact same thing. I'd definitely take the word of the USGS as opposed to a single astrologer. Also, something to back up the claim that more than likely nothing is going to happen is historical evidence. Did you not see that this exact same event happened 18 years ago? Nothing major happened then. So, why would all of a sudden, the earth decide. "Well this time around I'm going to give HELL!?" (Oh, and for those ready to flame me I am not implying the earth can think, nor make decisions. lol I have learned I can't be too humorous or sarcastic here because it's taken as seriousness by too many people B))

We already have moon/seismic activity connected? I had no idea. Any links?

We already have moon/seismic activity connected? I had no idea. Any links?

I think it's interesting that we had a huge solar flare supposed to hit earth yesterday and the huge earthquake hits Japan the same day.

I think it's interesting that we had a huge solar flare supposed to hit earth yesterday and the huge earthquake hits Japan the same day.

The world would be a very boring place if we could predict everything.

But then again it would also be safer perhaps.

It's always something. There will be those who point to events in Japan and say "it's already happening". Even though Japan is known for being earthquake prone. The moon does have an effect on our tides, so it will be interesting to see if anything tidal develops.

Considering that every natural phenomena that we experience nowadays, is supposed to cause 'widespread disaster', I think I'll just jump into a hole and pull the hole in after me!:P

Super Moon and Megaquake in Japan: coincidence...or connection. :unsure2:

I thought a very close full moon took place in December 1-2, 1990; when some prophecy about a major earthquake to strike California and another in the New Madrid fault in southeast Missouri to take place...neither happened. :huh:

I'm gonna walk out with family next Sat. night, in case the weather is nice like it has been (88F yesterday!) :wub: I happen to find full moon nights romantic...and good to spend time in the great outdoors.

I will at least be viewing it up close. A rare opportunity indeed. I remember some very large moons in the past, so it will be interesting.

I am new here but visit many similar sites. Always a student of the unusual and odd. Love to watch the sky, every night.