Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Earthquake in Tokyo

aquatus1

It is 2:52 P.M. in Tokyo. I am on the 6th floor of the Ikebukuro Tokyu Hands. Big earthquake is still finishing. Effecting is rocking. It's over and still...crap, aftershocks...

Things are calming down. Lasted about 2 minutes. Still feel the building swaying. My dad is in Tsumiru, he's fine too.

It is 2:52 P.M. in Tokyo. I am on the 6th floor of the Ikebukuro Tokyu Hands. Big earthquake is still finishing. Effecting is rocking. It's over and still...crap, aftershocks...

Things are calming down. Lasted about 2 minutes. Still feel the building swaying. My dad is in Tsumiru, he's fine too.

Glad you are ok :tu:

usgs says 7.9 .....Damn

http://earthquake.usgs.gov/earthquakes/recenteqsww/Quakes/at00lhvpd9.php

Edited by Sakari

Stay safe, dear...

3:17. I'm on the streets. Chockfull, cause all big buildings are evacuated . Big aftershock. People are all walking towards emergency locations.

Whew!

I am sitting outside a shrine. I always wondered why there was this huge open space here in the middle of a busting city. Now it's pretty obvious. Cops are assisting people who were on their bikes during the quake. Everyone is cheerful.

Tsunami swell in Miyagi. Huge influx of water. Big ships are being pushed around like nothing. Smaller ships are swamped. It's...not good. I can still feel everything swaying.

Gosh.

Anyone know if there was any frogs riding that Tsunami. Probably not.

Damn I came home an dmy mum said there was an earthquake. Then they showed pictures of the tsunami. Its awful.

Hope people are ok. I hope the death toll isnt great.

7.9 or 8.9 getting different reports.

Damn I came home an dmy mum said there was an earthquake. Then they showed pictures of the tsunami. Its awful.

Hope people are ok. I hope the death toll isnt great.

7.9 or 8.9 getting different reports.

It's 8.9 hope people are okay that is a strong one.

Tsunami of 10 meters height in Miyagi i just read.

Update: There has been an explosion in a tokyo oil storage. Sky's turning black.

Edited by Pietry

It looks bad, my thoughts go out to those in Japan.

Here is the BBC page with a live feed. Some of the cameras show shocking damage.

OMG this is a big one.

http://earthquake.usgs.gov/earthquakes/eqinthenews/2011/usc0001xgp/

Magnitude 8.9

Date-Time

* Friday, March 11, 2011 at 05:46:23 UTC

* Friday, March 11, 2011 at 02:46:23 PM at epicenter

* Time of Earthquake in other Time Zones

Location 38.322°N, 142.369°E

Depth 24.4 km (15.2 miles) set by location program

Region NEAR THE EAST COAST OF HONSHU, JAPAN

Distances 130 km (80 miles) E of Sendai, Honshu, Japan

178 km (110 miles) E of Yamagata, Honshu, Japan

178 km (110 miles) ENE of Fukushima, Honshu, Japan

373 km (231 miles) NE of TOKYO, Japan

Location Uncertainty horizontal +/- 13.5 km (8.4 miles); depth fixed by location program

Parameters NST=350, Nph=351, Dmin=416.3 km, Rmss=1.46 sec, Gp= 29°,

M-type="moment" magnitude from initial P wave (tsuboi method) (Mi/Mwp), Version=A

Source

* USGS NEIC (WDCS-D)

Event ID usc0001xgp

My thoughts are with you Japan. :cry:

West Coast of North America is under tsunami watch for early AM.

Edited by Dan'O

I think the strangest part was the silence. Everything around me was shaking so much, heck, entire stands of merchandise were sliding out of position, things were falling off the walls, but with all that violence around me, there was no accompanying roar, no rumble, really, nothing that one normally equates with violent shaking.

OMG ..all my thoughts and concerns are with you

5517171924_1c5f6ffacf_z.jpg

Here's a cryptograph that I recently uploaded and published to [Flickr 3-8-11 EST.]

5511319056_d88793418c_z.jpg

Note carefully within my picture, the link I made to the Tuesday quake that hit this same region of Japan on March 8, 2011 - EST. This was arguably a foreshock. The angular direction of the black lines is exactly the direction that the tsunami waves are currently propagating across the entire Pacific basin.

The number of large kinked black lines and Latin words are 3, which is exactly three days from my cryptograph publish date, until this much larger quake struck. The number of green balls at the base of each black kink is three, arguably also representing a day.

The Latin I'll leave to your interpretation, but I think you'll be impressed.

There are more links to this event within my recent work, but I'll save that for a more detailed write-up, later.

I did not have time to place this upload within a forum here or elsewhere, as I was looking for an appropriate context. Plus, I've been receiving increased and serious threats from the state of confusion for publishing my work and basic calls for repentance. In the past, these serious threats to my work have resulted in an obvious magnification of support from on High.

Edited by Raptor Witness

Glad you and your dad are ok.... I was watching this this morning on Sky News... so far 29 people reported have died...

I recently posted a thread on this and here is an article -> http://www.bbc.co.uk...acific-12709598

There is a part at the bottom for those who are currently in Japan - it reads -> Are you in Japan? Have you been affected by the earthquake? Send us your comments using the form below: (posted on the BBC news article)

Edited by Beckys_Mom

According to news reports - the Tsunami is headed for - Hawaii and other countries soon

Aquatos - my thoughts and prayers are with you and everyone there as well as I've got to say, you're freakin' awesome! Posting all this through an earthquake! You've got proverbial "ba**s of steel!" Ever need a change of scenery, I'll recruit you to be my rear gunner anytime! Way To Go! :yes:

According to news reports - the Tsunami is headed for - Hawaii and other countries soon

I know, I'm up text messaging with my friend in Oahu now, but they're 3 miles inland, not in the evacuation area. She said she's about to go sleep, no idea how. The news woke me up, hearing about a tsunami warning for the west coast of the US, about gave me a heart attack, but looks like they're saying for them on the west coast it should just be a small wave, nothing to panic over.

And Aquatus, hope you're okay, stay safe.

Edited by ChloeB

It seems to have quieted down now. We are still getting aftershocks, and they are still in the 5.5-5.9 range, enough to feel the sway, but not enough to cause concern. The tsunami footage is terrible. Miyagi and Sendai are hit hard. It's seriously sickening to watch the video footage. It's like something out of that 2012 movie.

Becuase of all this, i got about 800 emails in less than 5 hours(all to due with working in the shipping busniess).

I got problems with ships AT THE MOMENT in russia, china, japan, taiwan, the phillippines.

This tsunami will hit a lot of countries, even the west coast of south america.

You and your father stay safe aquatus.

Nibs