Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

The Royal Family

H.H. Holmes

Riiight. And that differs from Democracies and Republics how, exactly....? Bearing in mind that pretty much every country, up until about the 18th c., was a Monarchy of some form or other, and the Republics and Democracies that have flourished since then, have they all been noted for their peaceful outlook and non-intervention in the affairs of others ... ?

And going back to the original Democracy, Athens, and the Roman Republic before it became the Empire; were they noted for a time of constant peace and never any conflict with anyone else?

No. You are putting words in my mouth. All governments are corrupt or become so very quickly and that's because the stakes are so high.

I advocate a shake up for all our political system(s)... However it's devising a system which cannot be taken advantage of by either those in the political arena or those greasing palms behind the scenes that is the hard part.

The expenses uproar was IMO, just the tip of the ice berg... It is almost impossible to catch (them) at it.

Edited by Flashbangwollap

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Flashbangwollap

• Coffey

• Space Commander Travis

• Dougal

No. You are putting words in my mouth. All governments are corrupt or become so very quickly and that's because the stakes are so high.

I advocate a shake up for all our political system(s)... However it's devising a system which cannot be taken advantage of by either those in the political arena or those greasing palms behind the scenes that is the hard part.

The expenses uproar was IMO, just the tip of the ice berg... It is almost impossible to catch (them) at it.

Flashbangwollap, you may not appreciate it -- but you just illustrated why the British Monarchy has withstood the test of time. :tu:

That said, you will tell me I'm wrong. However, you would have to know and understand history to see why the Monarchy is the cause of Britain's historical stability.

Edited by Karlis

Flashbangwollap, you may not appreciate it -- but you just illustrated why the British Monarchy has withstood the test of time. :tu:

That said, you will tell me I'm wrong. However, you would have to know and understand history to see why the Monarchy is the cause of Britain's historical stability.

Sorry Karlis did I not write it thus.... All governments and Monarchies....

its funny to read some peoples saying the kind of Monarchy is bad because of the crusades and its old fashion and bla bla bla but then they forget how the Roman Empire increased by conquest lands through europe like a crusade, and it was a Republic leading by one person....oh and it was even older than this Monarchy....UK,Spain,Netherlands,Belgium,Norway,Switzerland,Japan,Canada,Australia, have elections you know? that is a sign of democracy, democracy works with the type of government and not with the head of state, and between these two you can find the balance and stability that gives to the country not the perfect regime because there isnt perfect regimes, but the best one, that can serve citizens better.

Edited by Luziadus