Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Best evidence for ET visitation - 3rd edition

Hazzard

JPL said the findings will be revealed Dec. 3 at the American Geophysical Union conference in San Francisco.

It's a photo of a two metre tall blue box, with a man dressed like a Victorian explorer (including Pith Helmet) sitting in a canvas chair sipping a mint julep outside it.

We need a Betting Line in here ! Who thinks the news will be just a bit over baked ?

1. Organic matter,proof of Life.

2. compounds that show a high possibility of life like goodies.

3.An old wrapper from a Mars candy bar.

4.A message in a bottle.

5. none of the above. :alien::no:

Im in, Big D,... :) Im guessing its that final proof of ET life – past or present.

To me, either would have astounding implications.

Cheers people on Earth - We are not the only place in town.

2nd-Top-Most-Expensive-Champagnes-in-The-world.JPG

• Like 1

Im in, Big D,... :) Im guessing its that final proof of ET life – past or present.

To me, either would have astounding implications.

Cheers people on Earth - We are not the only place in town.

2nd-Top-Most-Expensive-Champagnes-in-The-world.JPG

We shall tip a toast till the wee hours of the night that day Hazzard ! You me and about three Billion peeps on this Rock !

Ahem...

Sorry...

Well that's a bit disappointing...

• Like 3

I expect both the initial report dramatizing the excitement of the data, and these recent reports downplaying it, will be found to be somewhat more polarized than the true reality.

Looking forward to the formal presentation, which I am confident will be somewhere in the gray zone between the two.

Confirmation of some organics molecules would be exciting enough.

Perhaps molecules commonly found in diatom fossils would be more exciting. Not necessarily confirming they are there, but more of a maybe they are if there are several molecules discovered.

Regardless of the data, it is a staggering technological achievement to have delivered such a complex vehicle like Curiosity to Mars.

Too bad there wasn't a couple of humans up there driving it...maybe someday.

I'm hopeful that Curiosity will discover something that will provide political motivation to back a manned mission in the near future.

The technology is doable...just need some cash (a lot) :yes:

edited for spelling and grammar

Edited by synchronomy
  • Like 1

Agreed! Oh well.

Chrlzs, thanks for posting!

Cheers,

Badeskov

Agreed! Oh well.

Chrlzs, thanks for posting!

Cheers,

Badeskov

Hey badeskov, good to see you posting again. :tu:

I usually try not to get too excited about scientific announcements until the 'veil is pulled back' yet I have to admit that I had my fingers crossed on this one. ^_^

That's not to downplay Curiosities exemplary efforts thus far, it is still fascinating stuff and I'm pleased as punch that we have another rover up there digging through the Martian soil. There is still time for the discovery of alien life on Mars. If there was life on Mars and there is still evidence to be found, we'll find it eventually. :tu:

In a way I'm hoping that there is no sign of life discovered on Mars, except maybe fossilized long-since-extinct remains. If it is completely dead it opens the possibility for colonization. If there is life there, even microbial, colonization questions get hampered by possible morality issues. I'd rather have us find life on a place like Europa, where we would have very little genuine interest of colonization in the first place.

At any rate, any new news from the Mars front is welcome as it means we're learning things that we didn't previously know; and that is always a good thing. :tu:

Thanks for the link Chrlzs :)

• Like 2

In a way I'm hoping that there is no sign of life discovered on Mars, except maybe fossilized long-since-extinct remains. If it is completely dead it opens the possibility for colonization. If there is life there, even microbial, colonization questions get hampered by possible morality issues. I'd rather have us find life on a place like Europa, where we would have very little genuine interest of colonization in the first place.

At any rate, any new news from the Mars front is welcome as it means we're learning things that we didn't previously know; and that is always a good thing. :tu:

Thanks for the link Chrlzs :)

I think the morality issue would depend on the density of the microbial life in question. If there were a dense 'population' of microbial life and it wasn't harmful to us I don't think anyone would have a problem with sharing space, so to speak. Humans have historically intruded more for less gain.

On a satirical note, if we somehow bequeath Martian microbes with 'rights', how long would it be before we had to fill out an application to the government before we could sterilize our own bathrooms? :lol: Kidding of course... :P

• Like 2

In a way I'm hoping that there is no sign of life discovered on Mars, except maybe fossilized long-since-extinct remains. If it is completely dead it opens the possibility for colonization. If there is life there, even microbial, colonization questions get hampered by possible morality issues.

Even if they overcame morality issues, which I think would happen, there's the possibility of disease. If Mar's is crawling with microbes there's no telling what might happen if they were exposed to humans.

Maybe something like this nasty thing or that horrifying thing.

There's no way of knowing what would happen so any mission would have to use extremely cautious quarantine methods which would skyrocket the cost.

Hey badeskov, good to see you posting again. :tu:

I usually try not to get too excited about scientific announcements until the 'veil is pulled back' yet I have to admit that I had my fingers crossed on this one. ^_^

That's not to downplay Curiosities exemplary efforts thus far, it is still fascinating stuff and I'm pleased as punch that we have another rover up there digging through the Martian soil. There is still time for the discovery of alien life on Mars. If there was life on Mars and there is still evidence to be found, we'll find it eventually. :tu:

Hey S2F,

Thanks! I am so swamped these days that I rarely have the time to post, but rest assured, I am certainly following what is being posted :)

Cheers,

Badeskov

Even if they overcame morality issues, which I think would happen, there's the possibility of disease. If Mar's is crawling with microbes there's no telling what might happen if they were exposed to humans.

Maybe something like this nasty thingor that horrifying thing.

There's no way of knowing what would happen so any mission would have to use extremely cautious quarantine methods which would skyrocket the cost.

That's another biggie with ET sightings and crashes. I have not mentioned it to you specifically before, but I have discussed it on these boards. People who feel Roswell and or Kecksburg were genuine encounters deliberately overlook quarantine. No ET claim deploys quarantine measures in recollections. Just as dangerous for the Aliens as well I would suspect.

• Like 2

This has government cover-up written all over it. :angry:

I cant wait to see what someone like Richard Hoagland will make out of this "retraction",... :clap:

• Like 2

If this were a contest, there will most likely be no winners as the evidence - both researched and unresearched - to verify its authenticity, will continue to pile up regardless of its authenticity. Emperical data relating to the ET Visitation subcategory within the UFO community is available for analysis to anyone whose curiosities extend beyond the causal UFO believer level. If you find yourself past the casual UFO researcher curiousity level, then this is the level where you are at right now. At this level, most UFO researchers can become easily overwhelmed with the enormity of the data. Most will become confused and discouraged at this level and will usually find it convenient to retreat back into casual UFO curious researcher level. However for those few brave ones that venture further beyond the casual curious UFO researcher level, a new dimension to your reality awaits. A dimension so powerful that it could potentially have the power to birth a new Universe inside your imagination. This is the world we live in today. This is what we have become. This is the being that we call modern mankind.

If this were a contest, there will most likely be no winners as the evidence - both researched and unresearched - to verify its authenticity, will continue to pile up regardless of its authenticity. Emperical data relating to the ET Visitation subcategory within the UFO community is available for analysis to anyone whose curiosities extend beyond the causal UFO believer level. If you find yourself past the casual UFO researcher curiousity level, then this is the level where you are at right now. At this level, most UFO researchers can become easily overwhelmed with the enormity of the data. Most will become confused and discouraged at this level and will usually find it convenient to retreat back into casual UFO curious researcher level. However for those few brave ones that venture further beyond the casual curious UFO researcher level, a new dimension to your reality awaits. A dimension so powerful that it could potentially have the power to birth a new Universe inside your imagination. This is the world we live in today. This is what we have become. This is the being that we call modern mankind.

Did you paint your face blue for that speech?

imgbraveheart5.jpg

Cuz it didn't really work for me...

What about whats on Mercury ? Organics Water, Ice ! And A great Tan to Boot ! :tsu:

When I first heard about that I was stunned,... Ice on Mercury :w00t: but then I remembered that the coldest place in our system is in a crater on the Moon, and it all started to make sense.

Very cool.

http://nssdc.gsfc.na...ce_mercury.html

Edited by Hazzard