Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Fears increase over possible Nuclear disaster

dazdillinjah

human never learn from what happen in Chernobyl . will japan able to handle this like Russian ?

Here are a couple of videos, which some of you may find interesting. The first one is of reactors 3 and 4, clearing showing molten material beginning at the 31 minute mark. It was taken by a power company official on March 17th, but it's unclear in the description, if this was unit 3 or 4, but it's clearly one or the other, if you study the photos and compare with others taken at this facility. It's very doubtful that it's a doctored piece of film. It simply looks too real, and let's face it, the things are still burning due to something, despite the water they keep piling on.

The second video is one that was taken of Chernobyl, shortly after that explosion. The similarities are hard to ignore. These are nuclear fires we are dealing with, and that's the bottom line. What we're seeing in video 1, is a nuclear fire, and if it's anything like Chernobyl, it won't be put out with water. They'll have to entomb one of more of these reactors.

I recommend that you translate the first video from Japanese into English to read the description, but here is a copy if you can't do it, and this is from the Google translator:

Fukushima Daiichi Nuclear Power Station was taken by helicopter from the sky (Ookuma Town, Fukushima Prefecture) is part of the video the night of 17 and the No. 3 No. 4, published by Electric Power Company.

同社社員が現地確認のため、16日16時頃に撮影したもの。 Check site for its employees, was taken around 4:00 pm Wednesday. 公開された映像は3種類あり、1分55秒の長さの映像には、水素爆発を起こして水蒸気をあげる3号機建屋や、天 There are three video was released, the video is one minute 55 seconds in length, the No. 3 and give the building to explode hydrogen vapor, sky # と側壁が爆発で吹き飛んだ4号機建屋の姿が映っている。 The appearance of the building that is reflected in the No. 4 blast walls and blown.

• Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Raptor Witness

• dazdillinjah

• susieice

• aquatus1

Wow, no replies to those incredible close-ups of the nuclear fires, obviously burning inside one of those reactor facilities. I guess that's old news for the crowd here, or maybe you're sleeping through a nightmare come true. Well it's here baby, and it's not going away anytime soon.

For what it's worth, here's my opinion of the idiocy these fools are engaging in, and if it seems insensitive, too bad. I'm downwind of their poison, and I don't trust anything they've accomplished so far, much less the news we've been getting, which is a bunch of garbage from day one.

I've heard through various news sources that they would use sand and concrete to try and entomb these reactors, which I would guess is similar to what they initially used at Chernobyl. I haven't had time to research the first fix there, but I remember reading that concrete was involved, and of course they are planning a new 1 billion dollar containment facility. All I can say to that, is wow .... expensive, and in Japan we're talking at least two of the reactors, most likely. The bottom line is that this is going to be very expensive to Japan in too many ways to count.

These people who are talking about eating tainted food there are crazy. I don't give a rat’s azz what amount of radiation is reportedly in that food, I wouldn't be eating it. In fact, they can keep anything coming from Japan to the States. Screw that, I don't want it. They can eat all of it.

Given the radiation leaking, I'm a little bit surprised they haven't already begun entombing one or more of those reactors. What are they waiting for? Looking at the photos of at least two of the facilities, in those zoomed images we're seeing in my post above, they're clearly unrepairable, but perhaps they're hoping to reduce the amount of leaking death, enough through external means, to try to save the reactors themselves? It seems like a crazy idea to me, given one of them is believed to have its containment vessel breached during one of the hydrogen explosions. Why wait? What the hell are they waiting for, some sort of miracle repair job from God Almighty? I say kiss two of those baby's GOODBYE now, before that kiss of death blows over here.

Edited by Raptor Witness

The second video is one that was taken of Chernobyl, shortly after that explosion. The similarities are hard to ignore. These are nuclear fires we are dealing with, and that's the bottom line. What we're seeing in video 1, is a nuclear fire, and if it's anything like Chernobyl, it won't be put out with water. They'll have to entomb one of more of these reactors

This is where you're misunderstanding. It's NOT like Chernobyl... the Japanese reactors don't use Graphite in their reaction process like the Russians did. It was the Graphite that was burning in Chernobyl which became an uncontrollable fire; graphite is just like a charcoal briquette whcih made it very difficult to control, and the fire itself sent burning radioactive partcles into the air. The Japanese dont' use graphite in their reaction process... they're only dealing with water and radioactive water vapor.

Not saying the Japanese disaster is better or worse... the real problem is that the Japanese disaster could go on longer than Chernobyl and leak less radiation over a longer period of time.

This is where you're misunderstanding. It's NOT like Chernobyl... the Japanese reactors don't use Graphite in their reaction process like the Russians did. It was the Graphite that was burning in Chernobyl which became an uncontrollable fire; graphite is just like a charcoal briquette whcih made it very difficult to control, and the fire itself sent burning radioactive partcles into the air. The Japanese dont' use graphite in their reaction process... they're only dealing with water and radioactive water vapor.

Not saying the Japanese disaster is better or worse... the real problem is that the Japanese disaster could go on longer than Chernobyl and leak less radiation over a longer period of time.

Oh boy, that makes me feel so much better. No graphite, but look at how quickly the food is becoming poison. We have no real idea the long term effects of even small amounts of radiation. It's just a guess when ingested internally, because after all, how many control experiments have been performed on human beings? You tell me, so I can read who signed those releases. Let's see how high the IQ's of those test subjects were while we're at it. Or maybe they did it secretly already, which wouldn't be unthinkable, especially if the U.S. military had anything to do with it.

What do you think, retired brass of angelic beauty? You want me to open some of those books here, for your memory refreshment?

Here's some real fire to remind you of those days of enlightenment ... and believe me, this Authority can do things you will never be able, much less have to explain to "the people" either. Find your guinea pigs someplace else.

4821815599_be45d40ed0_z.jpg

Edited by Raptor Witness

Any updates on the reactors now?

the only thing clear from those videos is that the respective camera operators are in DESPERATE need of some training. Its impossible to ascertain WHAT is burning in either case. It could just as easily be superficial debris from the collapsed structure (wood etc).

Ahh... MissMellswell... it is my understanding (possibly incorrectly) that the moderator rods at Fukishima are INDEED graphite. What else could they be ?

However, thus far there has been no catastrophic failure of the containment system (as there was at Chernobyl), and hence no possibility of the graphite rods catching fire. (they would have to be exposed to the atmosphere to do that).

Moderator rods do not participate in the fission reaction; they are there to dampen it down.

(perhaps a metaphor for our own dear Guild of Moderators... :P )

meow purr :)

Edited by ships-cat

the only thing clear from those videos is that the respective camera operators are in DESPERATE need of some training. Its impossible to ascertain WHAT is burning in either case. It could just as easily be superficial debris from the collapsed structure (wood etc).

Ahh... MissMellswell... it is my understanding (possibly incorrectly) that the moderator rods at Fukishima are INDEED graphite. What else could they be ?

However, thus far there has been no catastrophic failure of the containment system (as there was at Chernobyl), and hence no possibility of the graphite rods catching fire. (they would have to be exposed to the atmosphere to do that).

Moderator rods do not participate in the fission reaction; they are there to dampen it down.

(perhaps a metaphor for our own dear Guild of Moderators... :P )

meow purr :)

I do feel great compassion for the Japanese people, but I have ZERO for the people who put those reactors by the sea, nor do I trust them now to do everything right. "Stupid is as stupid does," and that was the dumbest, craziest thing I ever heard of, but very few voices are calling them out on this.

I have heard barely a peep out of the so called "voice of the people," asking whose crazy idea this was, or why we're putting our faith in THEM! Is it because several of these reactors were built by the parent company of NBC, which is General Electric, who's new TV ad they've been playing for MONTHS now, of feel good line dancers has been suddenly removed from the airwaves? You may remember, the one where their employees are dancing all over the green clean planet, because they're so happy to be working for GE and the people and everything is so hunky dory, because "GE brings good things to life." Have you seen that ad since this all started? No you haven't, because [GE helped build several of those reactors in trouble now,] plus apparently still retains a good chunk of the ownership of them, and NBC Universal, the supposed "voice of the people" is affiliated with them.

The real truth of what is going on over there, will likely never be told, because we have put our trust in that big FAT lying BOX we all watch every day, which is owned by these corporate giants, and that spits out more garbage than the same number of toilets in every household.

If this were the only parallel in the same graphic text, you might consider it just a random shot in the dark, but there's more, because at the same time this "thing" was predicted to appear on earth, so was another phenomena. Can anyone here tell me what it was? (To which I got ZERO replies btw, but you're looking at them now, aren't you?) Just another one of those "unexplained-mysteries" we're supposed to wonder about here, but which are rarely explained ahead of time.

5283128195_8329e4d70a.jpg

So why suddenly haven't you seen this commercial below since the tsunami and nuclear fallout? They've pulled it, because now it's a big fat LIE, that's why.

Go to Hell GE, along with your pack of wolves in sheep's clothing. I don't like you, and I sure don't trust you to dance anywhere into my life, except on the poison wind, which I am paying close attention to. Thank God for the Internet, and thank God for this freedom to find out the truth for a change. God bless Saru, I say, and that's not a kiss on the tail either, I really mean it. :yes:

Edited by Raptor Witness

That is shockingly bad footage! To say the pilot and whoever else on board has treated themselves to a great whack of dose to take it, id have been damn sure 1) i held the camera good and still and 2) had a real bobby dazzler of a camera too

Imagine landing, reviewing the footage. Its ****, go back up there and do it again properly. a halfarsed effort.

I wonder if its official footage or someone taking it without authority on a phone etc.

But that said theres not too mega radiation there, image is too clear.

3332939084_c6a3503f8b_z.jpg?zz=1

3332101743_153f819f3e_o.jpg

3332101571_e10e6cb03c_o.jpg

What are the odds that I would have GE's number figured out, long before that poison wind was released? Keeping in mind, that one of [my principle arguments here,] points directly at the military industrial complex, of which GE is a prime beneficiary.

5557174869_e1b43e9a47_z.jpg

Are you really so surprised that it was [the land of the rising sun,(P.80)] ... GE?

No wonder you need to own the "voice of the people" as part of your conglomerate, to do your bidding. That keeps everything nice and tidy, doesn't it?

You bring death, not "good things to life."

By the way, any threats to my life for my testimony is considered what you might call an obstruction of justice in Heaven, and the penalties are spelled out specifically in that Handbook, which you may be familiar with.

I repeat, I have been sent to help, but there is little time to listen.

Based upon this new info., units 2 and 3 may have damaged containment vessels.

[Workers Grapple With Radioactive Water at Troubled Japan Nuclear Plant] - Foxnews - March 27, 2011

SENDAI, Japan – The radioactivity in water in one unit of a hobbled nuclear power plant in northeastern Japan has tested 10 million times higher than normal, the plant's operator said Sunday.

Leaked water in Unit 2 of the Fukushima Dai-ichi plant measured at 1,000 millisieverts per hour, Tokyo Electric Power Co. spokesman Takashi Kurita told reporters in Tokyo.

That amount is 10 million times higher than the radioactivity level when the reactor is operating normally, and four times the safety limit set by the government.

Workers grappled Sunday with how to remove and store highly radioactive water pooling in four troubled units at a nuclear power plant in northeastern Japan that has been leaking radiation making its way into food and water ... cont. at link above.

Edited by Raptor Witness

We have no real idea the long term effects of even small amounts of radiation.

Ahh, the standard go-to reply of someone who simply wants to argue their opinion without researching it.

Ahh, the standard go-to reply of someone who simply wants to argue their opinion without researching it.

A fair statement, but now that they've found plutonium in the soil, which is the most toxic substance every created by men, I'm not thinking happy thoughts anymore. Those fish swimming by over there, won't be either, and I wonder if I'll need a Geiger counter at the sushi bar.

[Officials: plutonium found at Japan's nuke complex] - AP - March 27, 2011

TOKYO – Power company officials say plutonium has been detected in the soil outside of the stricken Japanese nuclear complex.

Tokyo Electric Power Co. says in a statement that the plutonium was discovered Monday in five locations around the plant, which has been leaking radiation for nearly two weeks.

TEPCO official Jun Tsuruoka says the amounts were very small and were not a risk to public health.

Experts had expected traces of plutonium to be detected once crews began searching for it this week, since it is present in the nuclear fuel in the troubled complex ... cont. at link above.

=============================================================================================

According to a nuclear analyst that appeared via CNN this past Sunday on Candy Crowley's State of the Union program, this situation is very likely already out of control as there's no handbook for fixing the type of problem these plants currently have. In other words, they're just going through the motions here with at least two of these reactors. It's a red hot herring.

Worst case scenario, radioactive lava flowing out of the plant, or I would guess into the ground below, even.

The second and recent aerial video that I've presented below, shows the current smoldering radioactive buildings and mess they claim they're going to fix. What would you guess are their chances, looking at the degree of damage to two of these buildings and you can be sure, to some degree their underlying internal structure? I would suspect that many of the supporting electrical connections and switches to these water pumps are already fried. By the time they could fix them, even if it were possible, I suspect that radiation levels would be too high to finish the job of getting those pumps up and running. Even if they could, what are the chances the plumbing itself or at least some of the seals aren't already melted to a great degree? These are just common sense observations, I admit, but gee whiz ... that's worth something when you know you're being lied to by the False Prophet(mainstream media.)

With each passing day, these radioactive cores are growing hotter, I suspect, and the seawater they're so desperately using isn't helping in the long run, because the accumulating salt via evaporation is corroding what working equipment that may still remain functional, as well as clogging whatever plumbing is left.

Finally we heard a couple of days ago, the U.S. military is finally bringing in barges full of fresh water, but the amount is only about 800,000 gallons. I'm unsure as to the amount needed daily to attempt to surround these cores, but you would think this would have been done immediately. Do you get the sense that no one in charge here is really thinking ahead, or perhaps the utter futility has already set in?

Oh, well, if it's on Fox News, sure, how can you not believe it?

not knowing the answer to that is "here's your sign Cleetus"

'Cleetus ..lets just put this nuclear reactor ..right here, on the coastline, next to a tectonic plate' you with me now boy ? 'yeah ..lets do this and see what happen ok Cleetus' yeoaahh good boy ..'if anything bad happens ..I'll just give you back your sign'

'Cleetus ..lets just put this nuclear reactor ..right here, on the coastline, next to a tectonic plate' you with me now boy ? 'yeah ..lets do this and see what happen ok Cleetus' yeoaahh good boy ..'if anything bad happens ..I'll just give you back your sign'

Funny how Murphy's law spits in our face yet we ignore it knowing it will happen and to be so blaintiant about it. Next NASA will build a launch site beside a Volcano in Iceland.

Guys, I'm not sure if you are completely aware of this, but all of freaking Japan is right next to a fault line. There's nowhere in the entire country that is Earthquake-free.

And please don't say something silly like "Well, then, Japan should build nuclear power plants!"

Guys, I'm not sure if you are completely aware of this, but all of freaking Japan is right next to a fault line. There's nowhere in the entire country that is Earthquake-free.

And please don't say something silly like "Well, then, Japan should build nuclear power plants!"

There is alot of high country in Japan ..maybe it was not so economically viable ? despite being much less threatening to the population and the world in regard to the countries historically proven susceptibility to earthquakes and Tsunami's

Can they seriously allow this to go on for years? What options do they have to stop it? Just wondering. It seems like with the timespan and the bad developments that are released in the news everyday, and I don't buy FOX, those cores are a lot more damaged than is being said. And this is no where near resolution. Radioactivity has been detected in rainwater in Massachusetts.

There is alot of high country in Japan ..maybe it was not so economically viable ?

Some, not a lot, and most of it is historically preserved (feudal warlords liked high ground) or heavily populated (people liked living next to the guy who had a vested interest in protecting them).

despite being much less threatening to the population and the world in regard to the countries historically proven susceptibility to earthquakes and Tsunami's

How do you figure? Asides from being wrong about it being less threatening to the population around them, building up high would not only endanger more people, due to the population density, but would also endanger people farther away, as run-off likes gravity, and tends to travel downward quite easily. To say nothing of an airborne disaster being far worse the higher it is, rather than closer to the ground, where it can settle faster.

Here's a crazy thought: Maybe the people who actually studied, researched, designed, and problem-shot the whole 50-year nuclear plan were actually competent, and actually did such an incredible job planning a safe facility that it not only survived one of the top five Earthquakes in human history, it actually took a freaking tsunami to incapacitate (not sweep away or utterly destroy, just incapacitate) their safety measures.

Thing is that now, they are going to re-build, and they are going to make them even stronger. This time, they will include tsunami measures as well. That is how progress is made; by learning from mistakes. But don't be the armchair quarterback, criticizing every decision they made with barely a surface understanding of what is involved.

Can they seriously allow this to go on for years? What options do they have to stop it? Just wondering.

Stop what? The crisis situation is well on its way to being contained, regardless of whether there is a breach or not, and despite what the foreign papers are saying, it is not at all a sure thing that there has been a breach. Stopping it is simply a matter of reducing the temperature to the point that repairs can be made to the system, at which point the system can resume normal function and take the reactor to cold shutdown. Think of it as a dam. The water was threatening to break the dam, but pumps have been put in place as a temporary measure, so the dam is no longer in immediate danger of breaking. Repairs need to made to the internal systems, so they can take over their regular job of regulating the dam, and then the temporary measures can be removed. It will probably take several weeks, possibly a month or two, before the systems are reliable enough to get to that stage.

It seems like with the timespan and the bad developments that are released in the news everyday, and I don't buy FOX, those cores are a lot more damaged than is being said. And this is no where near resolution. Radioactivity has been detected in rainwater in Massachusetts.

Let's not get too carried away here. The radioactive element detected in Massachusets was the I-131, the lightest and weakest of the radioactivity (the only one light enough to be blown across the ocean so fast). It has a half-life of eight days. And it was detected in rainwater, which means it is much more heavily concentrated, to the point that it wasn't even detected in lakes and streams, because it got diluted so fast. The amount detected was 79 pCi/L. That is so low the Department of Public Health considered not even announcing it, precisely because people tend to freak out over the word "radioactivity", rather than the actual danger, which is non-existent. Put it this way: the monitor in front of you right now is dosing you with about as much radiation as was detected in the rainwater. Have you spent more time in the rain, or in front of your monitor?

Edited by aquatus1

I might be stupid, so if someone would help me out with this:

Why are people still trying to repair the cooling while they should be burying the whole plant under steel and concrete?

Is it possible someone is hoping to actually repair that plant? Put it back into operation?

Why is containing the radiation (burying the place. pronto.) being delayed?

I might be stupid, so if someone would help me out with this:

Why are people still trying to repair the cooling while they should be burying the whole plant under steel and concrete?

Is it possible someone is hoping to actually repair that plant? Put it back into operation?

Why is containing the radiation (burying the place. pronto.) being delayed?

You're not stupid. The companies that built these plants are the bad actors here, but we haven't heard a peep out of them, have we? WE haven't heard a single interview of those engineers and contractors, from the so called "voice of the people," have we? That's because they are complicit. They help to hide the truth. The press should be parked all over their front lawns.

They'll interview every person they can grab over in Libya, to get THE BIG story on that death mill over there, and who's responsible, but as for this death mill, we get ...

You're not stupid. The companies that built these plants are the bad actors here, but we haven't heard a peep out of them, have we? WE haven't heard a single interview of those engineers and contractors, from the so called "voice of the people," have we? That's because they are complicit. They help to hide the truth. The press should be parked all over their front lawns.

Maybe its just that nobody but you seems to blame the engineers and contractors. What exactly have they done wrong?