Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

New Treaty Would Ban Space Weapons for ETs

Still Waters

It's a good thing the outer space battles in "Star Wars" happened a long time ago in a galaxy far, far away -- because under a new space-based weapons treaty drafted by aerospace and military experts, humans and aliens alike would be barred from waging war above Earth.

The carefully prepared treaty invites all U.N. member nations to be signatories -- and all "cosmic cultures" to become parties -- in a plan to create a framework "that will assure and verify that space is and will remain a neutral realm from which all classes of space-based weapons are banned in perpetuity.

Carol Rosin, an acclaimed aerospace consultant and founder of the Institute for Security and Cooperation in Outer Space, is the driving force behind the Outer Space Security and Development Treaty of 2011.

Among the many items listed in the treaty are clear references to extraterrestrials, where the treaty asks all signing parties to:

arrow3.gifRead more...

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Paxus

• tlsmith1138

• Druidus-Logos

• arenee

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Really fascinating development this is, I hope it gets more media coverage.

This article makes some bold statements. We seem to have so much hearsay about E.T's, but where is a body of one?

Anyway, I like the idea of this treaty, I don't fancy weapons in space, be they ours or somebody elses.

Wonder what the E.T's signatures would look like :huh:

What a joke. I can think of some diplomats with nothing to do.

Let's just pretend that there are aliens visiting Earth, If they show up and refuse to become signatories and yet every nation on the planet is, (that in itself is a laugh, USA, China & Russia I'm sure have already militarized space)then we will be defenseless against a culture whos motivations by thier very nature would be completely unkown. Any nation who signs this is irresponsible to the safety of the Earth.

Reading the article it looks like its just an attempt to get governments to admit the existence of ETs.

"Among the many items listed in the treaty are clear references to extraterrestrials, where the treaty asks all signing parties to:

Acknowledge that we are not alone in the universes, that there are cosmic cultures that will be important allies for our security and development, and that our national and international policies must reflect this reality...

Acknowledge that from the beginning of nuclear weapons testing, extraterrestrial craft have demonstrated a capability to selectively shut down communications and/or the power of participating operational units, and have appeared over [intercontinental ballistic missile] fields in several countries, causing non-destructive failure of dozens of[intercontinental ballistic missiles] -- taking them out of operational status for days..."

Edited by Rlyeh

Dammit, i really wanted an Ion Beam Cannon

meet me in the car park in twenty minutes....£500 each. :ph34r:

Sorry Justice League, your Watchtower Satellite Station will be defenseless.

lol quite interesting....

I'm going to go with what Stephen Hawking said about aliens more than likely being hostile and say that this treaty is absolutely retarded. We may also need space based weapons systems in place to protect the planet from asteroids, or other planet killing objects.

Edited by SpiderCyde

I agree SpiderCyde. You never know when (and if) extraterrestrials will reveal themselves, and whether or not they'll be hostile.

Edited by Believer117

Its what I call the trickle effect.

Slight of mouth being used to gently alert us and de-sensitze us of the coming event .

Dont Fear just get really Skinny before the Invasion.

They only like the really plump ones.

Why eles do you think that all the Fast Food joints around the world are owned and Opperated by Aliens?

justDONTEATUS.

post-68971-0-69967800-1300203691_thumb.j

I hope the United States opts out of this. We have the technology.

I don't see anyone signing this treaty at all. Global and national security are far to important to just dismiss. Always, always, always prepare for the worst, but hope for the best. Eh, maybe the US should sign the treaty to just appease those who want a weapons free space, then just go ahead and arm up anyway without telling them. Problem solved, and everybody's happy. Haha, probably better to keep these people in lala land while the rest of us are safe. :tu:

This treaty was probably drafted one of those people who would go back for their little chihuahua while surrounded by a horde of zombies!

Edited by SpiderCyde

Funny how things they develope for science somehow "Weapons" find there way up there anyway no matter what we are told.

Who has any technology for more than a few missiles in space anyway? Our lasers suck, our Missile defense system has never worked, and they are shutting down the Shuttles.And at the rate NASA is going it would take us 50 years to build a platform to put them on. How many rocket crashes have we had in the past year? ET is just sitting out there on the far corner of Venus watching us. They will know if we don't put up some type of defense against them. If we don't, 12/21/12 is right around the corner.

Nooooo! We need to be able to defend ourselves in space, not to mention wars fought in space may have less civilian casualties.

You can tell the Huffington post is running the show now. This whole story is straight up retarded. What moron thinks aliens are going to give a damn about OUR treaty.

Very interesting topic i hope to see more coverage about it. The thought of an ion cannon or rapid deployment missile platform circling around the earth would make me feel better about the known and unknown threats that come from space. I believe if and alien race were to attack earth as stephen hawkings says is likely they arnt ganna worry one bit about some space weapons treaty that the ants there about to enslave wrote, it will just make us a little easier to conquer. In my opinion they should write a treaty directed at certain nations that they have retrictions on what they can and cannot place in orbit lethal or other whise let nations earn the write to have weapons in space. Also the nation that posses the neccesary means to protect our world from space can be called apon to act accordingly with the worlds view on the situation not just theres but as a total ban on space based weapon is wrong it could lead to our destruction. Place rules not bans.

we are the hostiles. they are doing this because other beings in contact with us already are forcing this upon our government...because the government is trying to keep these positive beings away from earth...but disclosure is now inevitable. if these beings were hostile earth would have been ****ed a long long time ago.

This article makes some bold statements. We seem to have so much hearsay about E.T's, but where is a body of one?

Anyway, I like the idea of this treaty, I don't fancy weapons in space, be they ours or somebody elses.

Wonder what the E.T's signatures would look like :huh:

As my previous post was in jest, I wanted to add my real thoughts on this topic.

Humanity has much more important things on our plate to fret over and this "treaty" is just a huge waste of valuable time, energy and resources. Not to mention this treaty focuses on beings that have yet to be proven.

We need to only worry about Us, lets leave the universe out of it.

Treaty or not, we will do whatever we want to regardless of what anyone else says, as I have a strong suspicion that there are already weapons in space and we wont take them down.

All this treaty will do is make it easier for tyrant humans to run the show. Haven't we had enough of that?