Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

We can't cut education

Persia

For spending more have the same result.

Again - spending the same amount is not equal to spending more. I do hope you can understand that concept, you grammatically challenged little conservative.

• Replies 375
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Wookietim

• danielost

• AROCES

• Ignus Fatuus

The primary functions of the Department of Education are to formulate and administer federal funding programs involving education, such as college financial aid, collect data on US schools, and to enforce federal educational laws regarding privacy and civil rights.

So they get to decide, impose and give conditions. Enforce FEDERAL LAWS regarding privacy and civil rights. Like you don't punish someone in class no matter what for they might be offended, correct?

Central control

The primary functions of the Department of Education are to formulate and administer federal funding programs involving education, such as college financial aid, collect data on US schools, and to enforce federal educational laws regarding privacy and civil rights.

So they get to decide, impose and give conditions. Enforce FEDERAL LAWS regarding privacy and civil rights. Like you don't punish someone in class no matter what for they might be offended, correct?

Central control

Yes they have administration of student financial aid (to colleges and university students). So what?

Do you have a problem with enforcement of federal laws just because the Dept of ED does education laws? Would you rather the FBI do it?

They hardly have "Central Control" of education. That's a conspiracy theory.

I have no idea what "don't punish someone in class no matter what" even refers to.

Again - spending the same amount is not equal to spending more. I do hope you can understand that concept, you grammatically challenged little conservative.

Spending more did not improve things. So spending is not the answer, agree?

So why waste money on it and instead spend less.?

I have no idea what "don't punish someone in class no matter what" even refers to.

Welcome to discussions with Aroces - you will often find yourself wondering what he is trying to say... I suspect that he groups words at random and calls them "Sentences" as a joke.

Spending more did not improve things. So spending is not the answer, agree?

So why waste money on it and instead spend less.?

Because money = resources. Therefore, less money = less resources. And a child is not going to learn if they have less resources to learn with.

Mark my words - if the conservative right wing of this country has their way, "Tenure" will mean nothing. You will be paid roughly half what you are now... in order to make sure that we don't have to reduce military spending one iota.

Point blank - the conservatives in this country (Not the real ones - the ones that grew out of William F Buckley and Barry Goldwater, but the new ones - the ones that grew out of Palin and Glenn Beck) want to privatize education. They honestly, deep down, do not believe that the poor ought to have a right to an education. I know that many will try to disagree with me, but we all know that is the ultimate goal of this.

Have heard this .. I have heard many reports that tenure will eventually be instinct. This means that a teacher will be fired after their fourth year when tenure "at least for us in Kentucky" sets up. This is a disgrace. It means that these teachers will have to start all over in a different district. If they have their masters, it means that most districts will not hire them because they have to pay them more money. So out the door goes many of our most experienced and best teachers.

I will never support Palin, yet I as I watch MSNBC I have also watched Fox and recalled one time that Beck said straight up that teachers should be represented by unions and be payed more. Do not know the facts with Palins opinions.

Conservatives are now the problem ... liberals as with my party caused many of the problems in the first place. As with KERA and the beginning of standardized testing.

Both parties are at fault. We seem to agree that our educational system is tarnished. We can see how easy it would be to fix. Yet for some reason we will not come to the middle to fix the problem.

Sick, sad and depressing!!!!

here is a question, if you were paid more would you teach better.

No .. not at all. I am payed well and get much satisfaction from my students success.

And again .. now my summers are all for me. If I want more money again I can earn it during the summer.

Real teachers teach for self satisfaction ... not for more pay. Now some are payed very little. I support them with this. If they reach their goals they will do very well.

No .. not at all. I am payed well and get much satisfaction from my students success.

And again .. now my summers are all for me. If I want more money again I can earn it during the summer.

Real teachers teach for self satisfaction ... not for more pay. Now some are payed very little. I support them with this. If they reach their goals they will do very well.

i agree with what you said. seems others think you will teach better if you get paid more for it. meaning your not doing your best. i don't believe that of real teachers. then again those who aren't doing their best will never do their best as has also been stated on this thread. a person who is going to do their best at a job will do so disputer how much they are paid.

i agree that education in this country should be the highest priority. but we cant just throw money at a problem before we fix that problem

i agree with what you said. seems others think you will teach better if you get paid more for it. meaning your not doing your best. i don't believe that of real teachers. then again those who aren't doing their best will never do their best as has also been stated on this thread. a person who is going to do their best at a job will do so disputer how much they are paid.

i agree that education in this country should be the highest priority. but we cant just throw money at a problem before we fix that problem

Incorrect. As i have stated (In so many words) I simply do not think that the best way to improve the quality of teachers is paying them less. Why do you think that teachers will teach better if you pay them less? Do you think that teachers will be perfect if you force them to work for free?

Incorrect. As i have stated (In so many words) I simply do not think that the best way to improve the quality of teachers is paying them less. Why do you think that teachers will teach better if you pay them less? Do you think that teachers will be perfect if you force them to work for free?

Do you think one will suddenly be a bad driver, policeman, plumber, or whatever if you pay them less?

Work habit got nothing to do with how much one gets paid. It's them who are successful, not those who you protect and assume will only work better when they get paid with what you and the Politicians think they deserve.

Real teachers teach for self satisfaction .. Hey Wookietem, you still don't get it?

Edited by AROCES

Do you think one will suddenly be a bad driver, policeman, plumber, or whatever if you pay them less?

Work habit got nothing to do with how much one gets paid. It's them who are successful, not those who you protect and assume will only work better when they get paid with what you and the Politicians think they deserve.

Well, I know that if someone walked up to me and said "we are going to pay you less money to do your same amount of work" that certainly wouldn't spur me to do better work. I'm not sure about you - would you work better being paid less?

Well, I know that if someone walked up to me and said "we are going to pay you less money to do your same amount of work" that certainly wouldn't spur me to do better work. I'm not sure about you - would you work better being paid less?

If someone told me I will get paid less because he or she don't like me then I will quit as soon as I can for it will affect my work.

Now if one tells me I will be paid less like everybody else because there in not enough revenue to pay everyone the same wage then I will work the same way I do.

As we can see, you are self centered.

If someone told me I will get paid less because he or she don't like me then I will quit as soon as I can for it will affect my work.

Now if one tells me I will be paid less like everybody else because there in not enough revenue to pay everyone the same wage then I will work the same way I do.

As we can see, you are self centered.

So - in other words you admit that getting paid less will not exactly enthuse you into working better. I have to wonder - if you had a masters degree and were told "We are going to pay you less so that we can save money so that other people don't have to take pay cuts because they are more important than you - now you go back to helping the next generation while getting paid less so that we can keep spending billions on weapons." I suppose you would say "Sign me up for that job!"? Or would you say to yourself "Maybe it's time to look for a higher paying job"? Because experience says that people will do the latter... Which means less teachers and larger class sizes - neither of which leads to a better educational system.

So - in other words you admit that getting paid less will not exactly enthuse you into working better. I have to wonder - if you had a masters degree and were told "We are going to pay you less so that we can save money so that other people don't have to take pay cuts because they are more important than you - now you go back to helping the next generation while getting paid less so that we can keep spending billions on weapons." I suppose you would say "Sign me up for that job!"? Or would you say to yourself "Maybe it's time to look for a higher paying job"? Because experience says that people will do the latter... Which means less teachers and larger class sizes - neither of which leads to a better educational system.

Then I can argue on getting paid a million a year, just don't buy new Jets and Tanks for the next 50 years.:rofl:

Edited by AROCES

Then I can argue on getting paid a million a year, just don't buy new Jets and Tanks for the next 50 years.:rofl:

You mean a country that values intelligence and investing in a future generation that might turn out to be more than call center drudges rather than a country whose wealth is spent on being the worlds policeman? The horror! I know that to conservatives that won't appear to be sarcasm so I will point out that it is...

if your giving your best, then no amount of extra money will get you to do better. and if your not doing your best no amount of extra money will get you to want to do better.

You mean a country that values intelligence and investing in a future generation that might turn out to be more than call center drudges rather than a country whose wealth is spent on being the worlds policeman? The horror! I know that to conservatives that won't appear to be sarcasm so I will point out that it is...

The horror IS THE LEFT CONTINUES on what has been failing.

If only we have more money each year it will someday get fixed.........

if your giving your best, then no amount of extra money will get you to do better. and if your not doing your best no amount of extra money will get you to want to do better.

and why should a person who is giving their best stick around to do their jobs for less pay when they can get higher paying jobs? Seems to me that reducing money to education is a great way to encourage the best teachers to leave the profession... Which, in my book, is not the best way to make education better. Apparently to you though, the idea of seeing the best teachers leave teaching for better pay is somehow going to make education better...

Can't say it any clearer than that.:tu:'

The horror IS THE LEFT CONTINUES on what has been failing.

If only we have more money each year it will someday get fixed.........

Actually, i think we just found out what your idea of the perfect future US would be in your last post : A country full of barely literate soldiers. You just lost every bit of credibility. Now run along and eat some more paste.

and why should a person who is giving their best stick around to do their jobs for less pay when they can get higher paying jobs? Seems to me that reducing money to education is a great way to encourage the best teachers to leave the profession... Which, in my book, is not the best way to make education better. Apparently to you though, the idea of seeing the best teachers leave teaching for better pay is somehow going to make education better...

People like you in Education are those responsible for it's failure.

Actually, i think we just found out what your idea of the perfect future US would be in your last post : A country full of barely literate soldiers. You just lost every bit of credibility. Now run along and eat some more paste.

Nope, people in the Military don't need high paid teacher and are taught by Teachers who are professional like them.

They don't only work hard if the pay is what the left tells them should be.

You have underestimated our men/women in uniform.

Nope, people in the Military don't need high paid teacher and are taught by Teachers who are professional like them.

They don't only work hard if the pay is what the left tells them should be.

You have underestimated our men/women in uniform.

It's you who just argued for reducing teachers in preference to continued military spending. Since your suggestion leads to less teachers and more soldiers, I think we all know what you want the country to become now. and that is why I didn't underestimate the military... I overestimated your wish for a better future for this country.

That paste you eat really shouldn't be washed down with alcohol (aka "the Republican Koolaid") you know.