Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Highway Sign Displays Zombie Warning

Still Waters

A highway sign warning of zombies has prompted CDOT to make sure all the electronic signs it uses are locked to prevent hacking.

The issue arose early Monday morning when a Colorado Department of Highways electronic road-warning sign in Boulder flashed a warning of "ZOMBIES AHEAD."

The sign, at Foothills Parkway near Baseline Road, was supposed to say "Shoulder work Feb.28 through June," but someone was able to open the unlocked control panel and change the warning message.

Rick Barron and his wife saw the sign while he was driving her to the airport.

"My first thought was, 'Did that really say Zombies Ahead?' And my second thought was 'I've been in Boulder almost 30 years. If there were naked zombies riding bicycles with pumpkins on their heads, I guess we'd be used to it," said Barron.

arrow3.gifRead more...

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• HerNibs

• ColoradoParanormal

• Paracelse

• Bracket

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah, apparently you can go to the different sign manufatures web-sites, download the manuals and reprogram them yourself. I saw one that said nobody has ever loved you.

Yeah, apparently you can go to the different sign manufatures web-sites, download the manuals and reprogram them yourself. I saw one that said nobody has ever loved you.

The instructions are all over the interwebs. :P I thought posting a link to something illegal would be bad. So I didn't.

Nibs

You know, one day there's going to really be zombies and people will ignore these signs. :rolleyes::lol:

You know, one day there's going to really be zombies and people will ignore these signs. :rolleyes::lol:

You just named my single greatest fear.

I would ignore zombies regardless, you know if you give them attention they will just keep following you.

That is awesome.

LOL! Just like the boy who cried wolf.

Or it will be a trap set by the zombies. Everyone will take the exit ramp instead and that's where the zombies will be.

I missed it! I live right in that area. . .

:) I missed it as well but I don't go to Boulder too often.

Strangely, zombies are not the weirdest or scariest thing you can see in Boulder.

:P

nakedpumpkin.jpg

Nibs

"Low Flying UFO's" would be cool.

LOL@ NIBS!!! Seriously, I live in broomfield. That's generally as close to Boulder as I'll venture. And if I have to goto Boulder, I try and make it as fast as possible. I made the mistake of leaving Broomfield's Highschool and going to a Boulder one. (Many Many Moons ago lol) but, was such a major shock to me! Me and a few other people from broomfield and surrounding cities of Boulder would get out to one of our vehicles as much as possible of which we designated a "Boulder Free Zone." lol That's really how bad it was....

lol