Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Destination Truth Live

Melly

So..OLN is showing a LIVE Destination Truth from Ireland today. They will be searching for a banshee at Duckett's Grove castle. Seeing as other DT fanatics *I'm not one, but there are some here, I'm sure* have not posted anything about this, I'm wondering how "live" this actually is. Is it an older broadcast and something they show every St. Patrick's Day? OLN doesn't really show programs in "order". I only just started watching this show recently and thought I was watching new episodes when I was really watching season 2. Lemme know your thoughts.

Here be a little blurb

Edited by Melly

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• SilverCougar

• JonathanVonErich

• ~TheBigK~

• Sakari

I like Destination Truth but I won't watch this "live" episode. Why !? Because we already know they won't find anything interesting, so....

I just saw that tonight at 7 PM scifi channel is the new season premier....Antarctica and somewhere else....No idea about anything live....

Hate to break any news , but they did not find anything this season either....It would have made news all ready...Still like watching it though..

I just saw that tonight at 7 PM scifi channel is the new season premier....Antarctica and somewhere else....No idea about anything live....

Hate to break any news , but they did not find anything this season either....It would have made news all ready...Still like watching it though..

That's what I hate about DT, the fact we know they won't find anything new...

But the show combine two things I really, really love: Paranormal and Geography/Travels. Enough said, to me this show is really entertaining.

Now let's just hope they will realease season 2 on DVD. I have Season 1 on DVD; it's great, but season 1 only had 6 episodes. :hmm:

Agreed with everyone on here about them never finding anything. However, I will be and do watch this show just because Josh Gates is hilarious.

On a different note, I really miss when they investigated Cryptids and Urban Legends...They're slowly becoming just another "Ghost" hunting show.... <_<

Edited by ColoradoParanormal

I'm watching. They seem to have something interactive on their website while it's on. Which I find is interesting, but at this point my laptop won't load their homepage, apparently my desktop won't either but I'll try in a little while again.

And to respond to the first post. I wouldn't call myself a DT fanatic, lol. I don't think what they show is actually real, and I'm skeptical how live it is, but it still makes for an interesting show.

Edit: @ColoradoParanormal I watch it because he's funny also lol

Edited by Cryptid_Control

lol you can tell it's live, they came in from commercial and one of the production teams was counting down "4, 3, 2..."

Edit: False alarm lol, it works now.

Yeah, their servers have crashed due to the millions of people logging on. I got in, only to be kicked out.. SyFy does enough of these live events, you'd think they'd have their networks prepared.

Does it? I'll have to try it again. It let me on, kicked me out, then wouldn't let me in.

I got on for a minute, but It won't load the map anymore. But yeah they should be more prepared.

We don't get the "Syfy" channel here but I had tried to log onto the website and got denied. My son is having a canary because he wants to know what's happening during the commercials! I'm not too fussy whether or not they find anything. It's still an enjoyable show to watch.

I've been trying to watch the show and can't seem to find it streaming live on syfy.What's up with that.They've ran the add all month and it seems impossiable to watch it on the web,What a rip off.Oh well,they probably won't find anything at all.

Oh well,they probably won't find anything at all.

Of course they won't...

And wow...81 users reading this thread at the same time. It might be a record... :o

Ok , turned on TV.....Destination Truth just fell to me " might watch " show now....The Ghost Hunting was p***ing me off before , now it has me over the edge....

Anyone not watching , they are looking for the " banshee"???

They found a comb laying next to a wall , supposedly if you touch the comb it will bring harm to you or bad luck.( the banshee leaves it there).....NO ONE WOULD TOUCH IT !!!!!!!!!!......They took pictures of it so they can " analyse" it that way......

What a JOKE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Josh , I used to respect you.......I would have snatched it up in a second......

I'll watch DT when the series starts up. I'm not really interested in these live shows.

They found a comb laying next to a wall , supposedly if you touch the comb it will bring harm to you or bad luck.( the banshee leaves it there).....NO ONE WOULD TOUCH IT !!!!!!!!!!......They took pictures of it so they can " analyse" it that way......

How sad. Real, serious investigators would investigate the phenomenon by touching it, I agree. :no:

I wouldn't have picked it up with my hands, but I would have bagged it and taken it for evidence (That's just my paranoia, they should have touched it). The crow thing freaked me out, but that could easily be a coincidence. I see dead crows everyday. Ooh, and they just said they got a picture of something.. Spooky.

So yeah, this show isn't getting good results, not that it would anyways though. I STILL WISH I COULD GET ONTO THEIR DAMN WEBSITE THOUGH. :angry:

Josh + Barry + Ireland.. I'm there just for the eyecandy purrrowl

I find it funny when people say DT never finds anything. They find just as much evidence that every other paranormal investigation team finds. :rolleyes:

You gotta look at it for what it is. Exotic locations, different cultures, humour, and the occasional WTF? I love these shows for those reasons... and they do go in with skeptic eyes.

Doesn't hurt that Josh and Barry are damned sexy.. X)

and they do go in with skeptic eyes.

But they won't pick up a comb because of a supposed curse?.....

But they won't pick up a comb because of a supposed curse?.....

I wouldn't pick it up either. Skeptic or not.. sometimes you gotta respect the local superstitions. And given where all they've been, sometimes you get that "DON'T TOUCH!" feeling. And sometimes they're told expressly off screen not to touch and hype it up. Whatever the reason, it's a silly one for it to make one jaded towards a show. oo bad show.. they won't pick up a cursed comb!

I wouldn't pick it up either. Skeptic or not.. sometimes you gotta respect the local superstitions. And given where all they've been, sometimes you get that "DON'T TOUCH!" feeling. And sometimes they're told expressly off screen not to touch and hype it up. Whatever the reason, it's a silly one for it to make one jaded towards a show. oo bad show.. they won't pick up a cursed comb!

I do not think it is silly....I do not believe in superstitions , and from watching all of the previous DT's , Josh does not either.Even worse if they were told off screen to not touch it to hype it up , that just lowers it even more for me......To me it does make it a bad show , the dude from Ghost Adventures ( Zak ) would have picked it up and mocked it .... :blush:

I think I will completley boycott any part of DT that has ghost hunting , just fast forward through it.....I new this show wouldn't last for me either....Bummer.

Ok so I saw the comb part. It is silly to be upset solely over that.. They wanted to touch it and Barry wouldn't allow it. Again, it's respecting local superstitions.. and boycott it all you want *laughs and shakes her head* Showing disrespect is worse then what could or may not happen.